FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
if u are a vocals, see this, please
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Xlax545  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:00 am    Post subject: if u are a vocals, see this, please Reply with quote

well, i'm going to talk about how i get my first places

NEVER PAUSE SQUEEZE: i think that is a stupid cheat beacause the OD acrivation will never be at the last time possible, and only can pause 8-9 times, how many extra time is that?? how that can help me to get more points ???

BACK Button, is useful when the OD finish in talkie (JWaRCD, Clouds Over California, so what cha want, and more). Also is useful for activate the OD in short windows, (so what, i miss u and more, rainbow in the dark). Press this button at the last time u can to activate the OD (Crazy train/hey man nice shot/i can see for miles/whip it/this bastard's life/radarlove/outer space)

3 KINDs Of VIBRATO:
Normal vibrato: can help you in short phrases, short notes and short ESF (no one knows/me enamora)

arm vibrato: move your arm up and down while u are singing, this is other vibrato and sometimes can help u more than the normal vibrato (something bigger,.../radarlove, duhast)

leg/foot vibrato: move one foot or both up/down/right/left, this help me to get the 1st place in "dead end friends/humanoid/misery bussines/one armed scissor"

When the OD finish in a prhase with words in different notes, (viva la resistance/ stop me if you..../rehab/plush/midlife crisis/in a big country) don't talk the works, only make that your voice sounds the right notes, like "aaaaaa... AAAAAAAA". OF coourse you must to use the vibrato while you are doing this method

Some times, In the ESF phrases, the mic pick a little part of the notes of the first part of the phrase, so i press "mute" in my tv and the mic do´t pick any note

In ESF, i almost always use the back button and then the arm vibrato, but some times this nothing works, so i activate the OD when i'm already using the vibrato, this method works too. (get free/get up,stand up)

PLEASE HELP ME WITH:
LAST ESF of "don`t stand so close to me"
ESf of "don' bury me... i'm still dead "

I think that is all, GOOD LUCK ;D!!!!!!

I'M MEXICAN, DON'T FORGET THAT, I DON'T WRITE/SPEAK ENGLISH VERY WELL
Xlax545  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i hope that you don't hate me for use all this methods

Last edited by Xlax545 on Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
SuperJerry  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For Don't Bury Me, only way I can say of hitting that ES is vibrato the hell out of it and get lucky. It was a grind for me to get it during the Leagues, but then I think I choked on the later activations and didn't get as high of a score as I could. Grind it out and eventually it will come.

http://www.youtube.com/user/IISuperJerryII

Boston has won all 4 major sports championships in a span of 7 years. Welcome to TITLETOWN, USA!
Iggy-Sparks  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For Don't Bury Me don't try to follow the line, sing like it was a scale, that's what I did.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: McDuboff
Vickie  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No offense, Xlax545, but I don't give a shit, and I honestly think this is ridiculous.
I'm happy with my normal vibrato/ normal back button activations/non cheating scores.
Sorry, I have to say.
You will never see Billtvshow or RJUCPU do this.
I understand why most of the top players in RB2 don't play competitively anymore. =(
JOE2210  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no idea why this thread exists. If you had directly asked for help on a song, I'd have understood, but this I don't get.
You don't need anything more than natural vibrato (is there any difference between you types anyway?) and a good pause button activation finger.
And why would you tell people to just go ahhhhhh or hum the end of a phrase? It makes no difference, except making you sound stupid.
I'm utterly with Vickie on this one.

Eastwinn wrote:

I honestly don't get it. What is the point of riding someone's ass. What benefit does it bring you?
Vickie  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just wanted to add that I respect you, Xlax545, and if you're happy with your scores, then I'm happy for you.
But those technical things are not my cup of tea. I don't have time or patience to figure out all of this.
Why is it not possible anymore to sit on a normal chair and sing? Is this too much to ask? lol

Last edited by Vickie on Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:36 pm; edited 2 times in total
Iggy-Sparks  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't really understand what you consider bad about his way of getting scores except the fact that sometimes he doesn't sing the words?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: McDuboff
JOE2210  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For me, it's the encouragement of others not to try and sing the words.
Hell, he's a better vocalist than me, but I try my hardest to sing every word. I just don't want to see the people who will frequent this forum to think that the only way to get good scores is to sing like a robot, because that will ruin the community, in my opinion.

Eastwinn wrote:

I honestly don't get it. What is the point of riding someone's ass. What benefit does it bring you?
tidus  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or you could just get away by not confessing if you sing or not the words - there aren't people popping in to interrogate the SH vocalists about their playing habits AFAIK

In all seriousness, I do try my best to sing the words on the RB engines, except for songs that I dislike. Otherwise, that would sound very dishonest to me, I'd feel like I like that song instead.

| 57 RB1 on-disk FC's, plus 4 RB Vox FGFC's. No way I don't feel accomplished! =)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: TidusKamikaze
LucasPWNS8907  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JOE2210 wrote:
For me, it's the encouragement of others not to try and sing the words.
Hell, he's a better vocalist than me, but I try my hardest to sing every word. I just don't want to see the people who will frequent this forum to think that the only way to get good scores is to sing like a robot, because that will ruin the community, in my opinion.

for the top scores, you DO have a sing like a robot, a robot in an earthquake for rb3 XD
you have to either choose to sound good, or go for scores, otherwise you would see first place vocal runs all over youtube. people don't want to post those because they sound terrible in them.

Vickie wrote:
No offense, Xlax545, but I don't give a shit, and I honestly think this is ridiculous.
I'm happy with my normal vibrato/ normal back button activations/non cheating scores.
Sorry, I have to say.
You will never see Billtvshow or RJUCPU do this.
I understand why most of the top players in RB2 don't play competitively anymore. =(

as ridiculous as it is, you have to give him props because it works and everything he is doing is legitimate. however, i will be the last person in the world to wave my limbs in the air just to attempt to get a higher score in a song. i'm not saying i SOUND any better when doing these runs but i'm not gonna look like a puppet when playing
anyone who can sound good while getting a first place score on a song like "waiting for the end" with a really tight end squeeze or two, please post. getting those tight end squeezes to fill definitely is closer to sounding like a hum because you want to remove the jaggedness from your voice by slurring the words together, making sure to ignore all the obstructions in each word that would cause the meter to stop filling.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: LucasPWNS8907 PSN Name: TheyCallMeLucas
PlexShaw  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I must say that after reading this thread, I don't feel so bad about constantly losing my 1st place scores to these people. I think everyone occasionally mumbles or slurs a phrase to combo it but I try my best to sing as much of the song as possible properly (I use practice mode and listening to the song a lot my iPhone to figure out the pitches).

If you want to do as described in the OP to get 1st place then more power to you but I simply cannot arsed with it.

Last edited by PlexShaw on Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: PlexShaw PSN Name: PlexShaw Wii Friend Code: 5941308033072690
Doremi  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your input, Xlax545
Although each one of us has his/her own way of getting scores, I always appreciate very much any input from who gets good placements and decides to share his/her experience.

And I really don't believe the community will get influenced or ruined if someone says he/she occasionally (or often) mumbles and slurs words, I'm sure each one of us decides what is best and more fun for him/herself.

Oh, and I use vibrato very little, actually rarely for I'm not that good at it, while I see from your post and some answers that most use it a lot and it helps, so certainly I need to change a bit my habits to make things easier!
Bandaddy  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally, I find RB3 a real let down for vocals, and have not pursued high scores whatsoever in this game.

But what's the difference between using vibrato in songs where the singer clearly does not sing in vibrato, versus mumbling, slurring, or humming?
It's a technique to appease the vocals engine, either way.

I just sing the words best I can, let the background music from the speakers ruin my scores, and have fun now. There's just too many tweaks and specialties for top scores (pause activation, button activation, vibrato, mid phrase activations, etc), and has taken singing for score meaningless to me.

Judging by the posts in here, it looks like a lot of the RB1 and RB2 top vox players have given RB3 much less effort, or maybe just don't get into vox as much?
rrwoods  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait, vibrato helps with scores?

<- is lost
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: