FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
RJUCPU vs. sukergod ~ RB3 Hard Rivalry

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sukergod  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 5:55 pm    Post subject: RJUCPU vs. sukergod ~ RB3 Hard Rivalry Reply with quote

So myself and RJ haven't had a real rivalry since mid-2007 and in an attempt to get more motivated to play that game we decided to have a little rivalry of our own. Very simple one with simple rules. Both of us work a lot during the week (her more then me) so this will probably be a slow moving rivalry for us. Really this is just a thread where we can encourage each other more so then competition.

Rules
- We get 1 point for each FC we get from G/ B/ D/ V/ K and an extra point for getting a OMB on each song.
- There are 394 points to get from all instruments and 83 bonus OMB points giving us a possible 477 points
- No proof because we don't really care but im sure we both take pic's of everything anyways
- To get your point from the Keys songs, you have to play them on the keyboard (no key-tar)
- We are both good friends so competition will probably be warm and friendly (at least in terms of beating each other, this is more about fun)

So that's about it, RJ made up a real sweet excel template for us to use so we are using that to be neat and tidy but I will probably update this thread with that just the total's that we have so far. Im sure she will be on to tell me that she already has a FGFC on vox (im so screwed )

HERE IS SAID TEMPLATE

sukergod - 177 / 477
Guitar - 0
Bass - 61
Drums - 33
Keys - 0
Vocals - 83
OMB: 0 / 83

RJUCPU - 88 / 477
Guitar - 13
Bass - 0
Drums - 22
Keys - 53
Vocals - 0
OMB: 0 / 83

Last edited by sukergod on Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:36 am; edited 5 times in total
arvain  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, nice ! This is definitely a rivalry I'll be watching ! I can already see you both getting 477/477pts in a month or two Good luck !
sukergod  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well not sure about RJ but i can tell you I will not be close to 477. While Guitar and Bass are gimmies, not sure about Keys but I don't think that will be a problem either, I can't do the harder songs on vox and drums, well if i get to 70 Ill be amazed. I Got You can go F its self like really, I dont know if I can 5 star it. Humanoid also blows with its all off beat pedal's, yeah can't do those either.
RJUCPU  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No chance for me either, but I'll get as many as I can. I should be able to come pretty close on keys, it's a definite possibility, but drums is lolno Not sure about guitar/bass, haven't played any of them. Vocals will be the very LAST thing I do xD

Thread looks good Suker. I'll get you a couple links to add to the OP with totals and a web view of the spreadsheet. Not sure when as Joe and I will be spending a big chunk of time at the Phoenix Film Festival over the next few days but I'll fit it in sometime. Watch for a PM.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds great RJ.

A little update from me. Weekend's I dont work so I will get the bulk of my playing done then and managed to get 61 Bass FC's. None were hard but take's a lot of patience to go through many of the boring ones (Killing Moon FTL!!!) Took a break from the drums, so I will finish up the Bass ones and go back to drums after that.
RJUCPU  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a quick note to let you know I haven't abandoned this. Things have just been crazy with 3 weeks of Jury Duty, a death in the family, and now our RB3 disk got laser burned so we need to replace it.

I'll be back to it as soon as I can, probably within the next week.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No worries on my part. I dont have anything besides my keyboard here with me on Easter break so while we may go awhile with much progress, its not abandoned.

My best to you and your family for the loss.
RJUCPU  

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok started doing some of this now and then. The kids are finally out of school and its mellowed out some so have more time and we rented a copy of RB3 to install it on my hard drive (the bad copy is usable to load the game thankfully).

Started on guitar for no particular reason. Will update the spreadsheet in awhile. Not rushing through them so only have a handful. Hopefully will be able to do this a little more regularly.

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweet, Ive managed to get a good deal of playing in last week as well, and have my first FGFC.

Oh and keys=a big no. I might be able to get a ozen, i suck at keys
RJUCPU  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok went back and did some work on keys, up to 53 total Not much left but hard songs now, should be able to get most of them with a little work but there are a couple I just don't know (*cough* China Grove )

Also greyed out the blocks for "no part" songs on Keys, didn't realize there were 20.

Set the doc up to be viewable as a webpage also so anyone that wants to view the songs/standings can go HERE

My count:

Guitar - 13
Bass - 0
Drums - 22
Keys - 53
Vocals - 0
Total 88

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh wow. I am in real tough now with you getting most of the keys ones. I am going to need to really practice it since I really really suck at keys. I am going to have to make it up with the drums i guess. I will only have my ions for another 3 weeks till i move home so i better get on that.

Guitar - 0
Bass - 61
Drums - 33
Keys - 0
Vocals - 83
Total - 177

Oh and I don know if you have been taking proof but I know I havent. granted the screenshot detailed setlist shot will say 100% under Hard if it is necessary (ignoring the fact they could be os).
Great job though RJ, Im vastly impressed and jealious
RJUCPU  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Figured it was time for an update. Have spent most of what little free time I have trying to finish up keys, almost there, only 3 left No reason I shouldn't be able to get the last 3 eventually, just need to dedicate the time to them (Freebird/too long with the hard part right at the end, Llama/one stupid part, Roundabout/should have had a long time ago). Did the first tier on vocals (too boring) and a couple bass before I lost interest. Haven't touched guitar or drums, will get back around to them eventually.

Guitar - 13
Bass - 3
Drums - 22
Keys - 60
Vocals - 11
Total - 109

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I started playing some Hard Keys and yeah FC of Antibodies, c'mon how the hell????????????

Im thinking I can get at least half of them but I am going to be in tough to get many. I just can't play with one hand and any note that is yellow orange can just plain die. What position do you play or do you go all over the place?

I will say that my drums is going to half to be almost perfect for me to win......if only I could play them during the summer. Dont remember how bad my RB1 drums were but they better get better for me

And yeah i got like 2 stars on Roundabout and you os it, lol
RJUCPU  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ILol standard keys isn't THAT bad and Antibodies wasn't even close to being the hardest song. Got it rather quickly once I started working on it. If it helps any, I don't play exclusively with one hand. Contrary to what some people think/say, it's more natural for me as a piano player to use both hands on some of these patterns. Plus, it's a VIDEO GAME, use whatever you have to in order to hit the notes.

Most of the songs I did with one hand because there was no need to do anything else (just like you wouldn't tap every single solo on guitar). Primarily I play with my hand in a set position... Thumb Green, Pinky Orange. I don't change from that position ever. I play chords with whatever fingers they fall to (i.e. RYO would be index finger, middle finger, pinky). I pretty much only use 2 hands on songs where there's a back and forth pattern. In those cases I'll put my left hand on the same keys an octave down only it would be reversed (pinky on green, thumb on orange). Like in This Bastard's Life, I'll play the single note with my left hand and the chord with my right hand. Spots in Antibodies towards the end had chords on the left hand as well. Freebird would be impossible (for me anyway) to do with only 1 hand with that kind of pattern (Y YO Y YO Y YO). But I can handle songs with lots of chord changes fine, for example, I only used one hand on 25 or 6 to 4.

Oh, and I use a foot pedal to activate (I use my old Omega drum pedal), even if I'm only playing with one hand. It's too cool lol.

I'm sure if you keep working on it you'll get better. It's not the easiest thing in the world to learn, making your fingers move in ways they aren't used to moving, but you CAN learn it and you'll build more dexterity as you go along.

[edit]
Got past my mental block with Roundabout and picked that up yesterday finally as well as Llama without too much work surprisingly Almost got Freebird but it was late so didn't try anymore after my overhits run. Hoping to knock that out today and I will be done!

[re-edit]
Freebird FC! 63/63 Hard Keys

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just saw you FGFC'd Keys. RJ you're a beast!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I managed to get 2 Keys FC's so far in I Got You (I Feel Good) and Cold As Ice.

Hoping to get 50 at least but you should be a nice bit ahead of me.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Rivalries All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: