FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
3/29 DLC: Days Of Peace Pack and 2 Dragonforce singles!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mystakin  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Niall wrote:
inv4der wrote:
Vuljatar wrote:
Someone needs to talk about the real injustice this week--Black Magic Woman without Gypsy Queen.

HMX says the label considered Gypsy Queen a second song in terms of licensing. For one reason or another they didn't license it as well.

Hunh. So why did they licence them together to NeverSoft for GH3 then? This is our big question... they accepted to bundle them together then, why not now. Makes little sense, considering how "together" they go. The inconsistency on the part of the licencer puzzles us - unless the license holder changed hands in the time between games.

Probably because the GHIII version was a cover, that's my guess. Or NS just took the leap and said "Fuck it, we'll license both."

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

just throwing this out there, I don't heel toe or anything and I sr5*'ed both songs on expert drums and could do much better
Wooffus  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, this is getting beyond frustrating now.
It's Wednesday morning, and yet, NONE of the five songs have made it onto the Wii's European store yet.
But there IS something I'm dreading though; what if this all turns out to be one cruel April Fool's joke, and some if not all of this week's releases end up being of a limited edition thing for other systems, only to vanish without a trace on Sunday?

Seriously, I'm most looking forward to trying vocal harmonies for the DF tracks, especially "Operation Ground and Pound"; however, if Harmonix completely robs the opportunity by doing what I am fearing above, then it just shows that all they do with DLC releases is troll the crap out of people and spawn way too much Billy Joel (ewwww), therefore all it would prompt me to do is put all my RB discs into a blender and see what happens.

Sorry, but I'm just extremely angry right now. The songs don't seem to be there when they really should've been

Click the card for my accomplishment thread!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Wii Friend Code: 4393435608820667
Davers  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wooffus wrote:
Okay, this is getting beyond frustrating now.
It's Wednesday morning, and yet, NONE of the five songs have made it onto the Wii's European store yet.
But there IS something I'm dreading though; what if this all turns out to be one cruel April Fool's joke, and some if not all of this week's releases end up being of a limited edition thing for other systems, only to vanish without a trace on Sunday?

Seriously, I'm most looking forward to trying vocal harmonies for the DF tracks, especially "Operation Ground and Pound"; however, if Harmonix completely robs the opportunity by doing what I am fearing above, then it just shows that all they do with DLC releases is troll the crap out of people and spawn way too much Billy Joel (ewwww), therefore all it would prompt me to do is put all my RB discs into a blender and see what happens.

Sorry, but I'm just extremely angry right now. The songs don't seem to be there when they really should've been

Looks like this post belongs in The Rant Thread

Even though I'm in the US, I really hope things work out for you guys over there. Not sure how that is handled but it seems like Wii players really get screwed out of things sometimes when it comes to rhythm games.
Vuljatar  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yakityyakblah wrote:
Blame it on the label, not Harmonix. You can't expect them to buy two songs and only sell one.

I blame both. And in this case, I would expect them to buy two songs and only sell one, if that's what it took.

Seriously, I'm not trying to hate on Harmonix (I love 'em to death), but only making the first half of the song available is an incredibly poor choice from any perspective. They are going to miss out on a lot of sales. Beyond the musical integrity and listening quality considerations, there is of course the fact that the missing part of the song is the part that would unquestionably be the most fun on almost all instruments. I, for one, was really looking forward to the drums at the end.

Let me put it this way: If the first half of Free Bird and the guitar solo from Free Bird were considered two separate tracks for licensing purposes, would you expect Harmonix to license the first one but not the second?
Nuke39  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the Days of Peace Pack is a better sale all throughout. All tracks really look solid on vocals AND drums. The only disappointment I think would be Black Magic Woman not having the Gypsy Queen outro and Spinning Wheel's odd guitar chart. (Even though it's horns)

I'm with the consensus here on both Dragonforce songs. I think TtFaF has a pretty solid chart except for the outro and intro. The intro is kind of contradictory, if you look at Pro Guitar's chart where it's much, much slower. It should be one or the other on both. I know asking for realism on it is kind of harsh, but most casual expert players fail at it. It's unnecessary.

Operation Ground and Pound is just a giant mess. It's the intro, the outro, and how bizarre Solo 3A is. It really looks straight-unplayable. It might be too fast, but the sound doesn't really match with the flowing of the chart. Not to mention, I caught several moments that sounded like a whammy or pull off that was converted into about 11 strums across 4 lanes. I would never want to play it or pass it and I don't think it'll be FC'd. It's just way too insane, even for us.
Wooffus  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Davers wrote:
Looks like this post belongs in The Rant Thread

You guys actually HAVE a place to vent here? Awesome, I'll remember that next time.
But yeah, hopefully (if there's any hope left) with a bit of luck it'll be here when I get home tonight...?

Click the card for my accomplishment thread!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Wii Friend Code: 4393435608820667
PlatStrat  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nuke39 wrote:
I'm with the consensus here on both Dragonforce songs. I think TtFaF has a pretty solid chart except for the outro and intro. The intro is kind of contradictory, if you look at Pro Guitar's chart where it's much, much slower. It should be one or the other on both. I know asking for realism on it is kind of harsh, but most casual expert players fail at it. It's unnecessary.
The protar chart is (believe it or not) very undercharted.
Southparkhero  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think OGAP will be fced holy shit
blackheartstar  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Niall wrote:
Hunh. So why did they licence them together to NeverSoft for GH3 then? This is our big question... they accepted to bundle them together then, why not now. Makes little sense, considering how "together" they go. The inconsistency on the part of the licencer puzzles us - unless the license holder changed hands in the time between games.

We dont know its inconsistant as it was on disc for GH3 and both could have been sold as seperate songs and put together.
xX666Xx  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any sign of the songs on the UK Wii store yet?

Oh wow, I posted at 13:37!
Geeoff  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DLC is a little different. I can think of a couple times where Harmonix bundled two songs together. Foreplay/Longtime and Hellion/Electric Eye. One was an on-disc song and the other was full album DLC.
Bront  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blackheartstar wrote:
Niall wrote:

We dont know its inconsistant as it was on disc for GH3 and both could have been sold as seperate songs and put together.
It may also have been cheaper since they used a cover.

Breaking up the songs is part of what worries me about the song "Walk On" from Boston ever coming to the platform. On disc, it's 4 different tracks and has 4 different sections, but it's really just one big song with a long intro and a long solo between the first and second parts. Unlike Foreplay/Longtime which is a single track.

Songs: Just over 1000.
GackTMN  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think it's much to be concerned about when it comes to multiple tracks in one long song, since there's the Abbey Road Medley on the Beatles game, and there's two Green Day songs that are two songs in one..

What could be done if it happens is a Walk On album DLC that includes the Walk On Medley seperate, as it's labeled on the CD

Now Rush's 2112 and other albums that have long songs broken into several parts, that'd a bit more complicated i'd think

(Caress of Steel album DLC would be interesting)

I love all of the DLC this week, the Days of Peace pack is awesomely fun to play, and the DragonForce tracks are the next level of an intense challenge for the players that think they're the shit

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: GackTMN
Wattershed  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HellAshes wrote:
Copied from the other thread.

TTFAF looks great to me. It's not totally accurate, but looks fun. On the other hand, I don't like the look of OGAP at all. Complete hyper-accurate charting at its finest. Doesn't look fun to play at all.

Sorry to burst your bubble of "Wow this is accurate"...
http://www.youtube.com/user/GaryColemanism#p/u/0/0UDslo8ZYpY
Also, it sucks that they'll probably mute the "FIST FUCK" part of Wish by Nine Inch Nails, the most iconic part of the song. :/
We didn't edit it out. In fact, not only did we boost the volume of that vocal phrase, but we replaced the vocals of every song in the game with the phrase "FIST FUCK" repeating over and over.
You can still...
FIST FUCK Ahh-merrr-I-Caaahh
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 6 of 9

Jump to: