FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
3/29 DLC: Days Of Peace Pack and 2 Dragonforce singles!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brockbfball1563  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mystakin wrote:
That's fine that you think the GHIII version is better or more fun, but to cry claims of Hyper-Accuracy or w/e over it basically puts you in the same boat as people who thought Jordan was too difficult, or that the original TTFAF chart was impossible. It may not be fun for you but for someone it IS, and your opinion on the matter shouldn't supersede theirs. What you cite aren't problems with the chart, they're just things you didn't like.

As for the hopo thing, it's a bit inconsistent but it doesn't bother me. Honestly, I miss more in the strumming sections that have forced strums than the ones without so... c'est la vie. I just wish they consistent one way or the other, instead of how the intro strumming of TTFAF is forced strummed and then not later on.

That's kind of what I meant when I said that it was all just my opinion. There's really no such thing as one thing being universally right or wrong when it comes to charting, but when almost everyone seems to have a problem with something in a chart, it's obviously something they should have charted better. All the stupid chords in Before I Forget on GH3 are "wrong" but almost everyone agrees they're incredibly stupid and that NS should have charted them differently.

And Jordan's actually the perfect example for my "undercharted but fun" song over the "accurate but not fun." Can you even imagine what Jordan would look like today if NS or HMX charted it now? The Jordan solo in GH2 is so incredibly undercharted, but by dumbing it down, a lot of people find it really fun.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheHammer417 wrote:

Pic of FC

I take it back. Your score is higher. It just didn't upload to Xbox Live (hence my confusion).
BathTub  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Black Magic Woman - Santana Expert Pro Guitar/Bass

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_0mXYFUDy0
TheHammer417  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TTFAF - Hard Guitar FC Vid - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFQR_wVf2mw

OG&P Hard Guitar Vid - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFgV0PllmoY

Last edited by TheHammer417 on Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:50 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: TheHammer417 Wii Friend Code: 068834110178
wesjett08  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

voidedalive2x wrote:
For the love of, God, HMX, WHY DID YOU CHART THE INTRO TO OGAP AS STRUMS AND NOT HO/POS?!

To me, that just seems so jaw-droppingly stupid. This is all IMO, of course, but that part just has the feel of needing to just be fretted, not fretted and strummed.

That part is palm muted single notes on the Realtar, Hence the strumming. It's 100% accurate.

PSN - loflyinjett - Drummer for the RBN band 'Ultra Saturday'
Davers  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheHammer417 wrote:
TTFAF - Hard Guitar FC Vid - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFQR_wVf2mw

OG&P Hard Guitar Vid - Uploading

Ugh, WMG strikes again. I really want to see this chart too
blackheartstar  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Days Of Peace Pack is only 55mb... kind of small for a 3 pack isnt it?
blingdomepiece  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First DLC thread to hit 5 pages since Rust in Peace...

EDIT: If anyone cares, TTFAF's an easy pass on pro keys. There are two fail sections and you can survive them with OD.

Last edited by blingdomepiece on Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:05 am; edited 2 times in total
voidedalive2x  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hammer: Fuggen WMG...

GH accomps: FFWF, DE, Battery HDrums FCs! HDrums 46/49!!
RB accomps: RB3 MDrums FGFC! RB3 MOMBFGFC!
Old Youtube, New Youtube | I do Twitch, now!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: vVv_Voided
PlatStrat  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blackheartstar wrote:
The Days Of Peace Pack is only 55mb... kind of small for a 3 pack isnt it?
Yeah both TtFaF and OGAP are bigger in size, 58 mb and 67 mb (IIRC) respectively.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2 vids. You can agree or disagree with them, but I believe in them from the outside perspective he takes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UDslo8ZYpY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kr7U46NiWsw&feature=related

Putting my 2 cents in, while the intro for OGaP is fun, the solos are just torture.
As for TTFaF, inconsistencies abound with the intro (either chart entirely with hopos or without them, not both), plus the outro tapping is also bad.
They are still fun to play, but it honestly seems like Harmonix decided to chart both guitars playing into one chart. While I like playing them, I'll still keep playing the GH3 and the GHSH charts as well.

thewinnerisgeeg: like feed the dogs and eat minipockets and ice cream
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: a2003041 PSN Name: a2003041
yakityyakblah  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brockbfball1563 wrote:
Mystakin wrote:
That's fine that you think the GHIII version is better or more fun, but to cry claims of Hyper-Accuracy or w/e over it basically puts you in the same boat as people who thought Jordan was too difficult, or that the original TTFAF chart was impossible. It may not be fun for you but for someone it IS, and your opinion on the matter shouldn't supersede theirs. What you cite aren't problems with the chart, they're just things you didn't like.

As for the hopo thing, it's a bit inconsistent but it doesn't bother me. Honestly, I miss more in the strumming sections that have forced strums than the ones without so... c'est la vie. I just wish they consistent one way or the other, instead of how the intro strumming of TTFAF is forced strummed and then not later on.

That's kind of what I meant when I said that it was all just my opinion. There's really no such thing as one thing being universally right or wrong when it comes to charting, but when almost everyone seems to have a problem with something in a chart, it's obviously something they should have charted better. All the stupid chords in Before I Forget on GH3 are "wrong" but almost everyone agrees they're incredibly stupid and that NS should have charted them differently.

And Jordan's actually the perfect example for my "undercharted but fun" song over the "accurate but not fun." Can you even imagine what Jordan would look like today if NS or HMX charted it now? The Jordan solo in GH2 is so incredibly undercharted, but by dumbing it down, a lot of people find it really fun.

How do you know it's almost everyone? The people that make their opinions heard on the internet are people that complain frequently about everything. If you went by the internet's opinion Call of Duty would have flopped and Ron Paul would be president. The internet doesn't represent the opinions of any majority.

And there are multiple difficulties, they literally have 3 settings of "dumbing" things down. If the song isn't fun for you on expert, play on hard. If you look at your opinion vs my opinion, yours is clearly the more selfish one. I am not in anyway asking them to force you to play at a level you don't want to. I'm not saying they make the hard chart more difficult or anything like that. You on the other hand are asking them to remove a level of difficulty from the song. If they undercharted the song, I couldn't select expert + to make it more difficult.

Why are you saying that someone that does like this chart should not have access to it, when you have access already to an easier chart?
82erkle  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OGaP will never be FC'ed. I'm sorry, but those clusterfucks of red and green near the beginning of the 1st solo are way too fucking fast.

TTFAF looks possible, but OGAP looks holy fucking shit insanely hard.

Rock Band Accomplishment Thread
Proud owner of over 2,500+ expert Rock Band FC's.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: erkle82
TQSG  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

82erkle wrote:
OGaP will never be FC'ed.

You know what, I'm the guy that usually says "nothing is unFCable", but I'm going to have to agree. I don't see this ever being FCed.

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: TQSG
Niall  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

inv4der wrote:
Vuljatar wrote:
Someone needs to talk about the real injustice this week--Black Magic Woman without Gypsy Queen.

HMX says the label considered Gypsy Queen a second song in terms of licensing. For one reason or another they didn't license it as well.

Hunh. So why did they licence them together to NeverSoft for GH3 then? This is our big question... they accepted to bundle them together then, why not now. Makes little sense, considering how "together" they go. The inconsistency on the part of the licencer puzzles us - unless the license holder changed hands in the time between games.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 5 of 9

Jump to: