FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
3/29 DLC: Days Of Peace Pack and 2 Dragonforce singles!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
marioluigi1994  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to see someone even pass OGAP in RB3.
EDIT: Right when I said this, UKOG passed it LOL and 1ST COMMENT :P

SH Leagues: 3rd place Season 12 GHWOR X Guitar League / 3rd place Season 12 GH3 X Guitar League
inv4der  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

voidedalive2x wrote:
yakityyakblah wrote:
I really don't get people complaining about the intro to OGaP. There's plenty of songs that do the same thing faster. You guys are just addicted to HO/POs. And it's not "ZOMG TOO HARD 2BFUNZ" it's just some moderately paced strumming, learn how to make your fingers and strumming work in unison, it's got it's own fun factor.

I could get people complaining about the 20000nps scales and trills, but strumming the intro is such a nit pick to me.

I know it is, but like I said, it just has that "I ought to be fretted" feel to it, though I myself generally hate to have to strum parts like that.

But it is fretting.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know, I have a question I'm sure no one here has even considered, but...

...how are the Hard charts for the Dragonforce songs?
CyberRaiza  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stardf29 wrote:

The hard charts have been mentioned twice in this thread. One person said he/she found them very fun. The second quoted the first and said except for TtFatF where the solo has 2 hopos.

"When things go wrong I seem to be bad
But I'm just a soul whose intentions are good
Oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood"

"And no one, thinks, they are to blame
Why can't we see, that when we bleed we bleed the same"
Prong1978  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CyberRaiza wrote:
stardf29 wrote:

The hard charts have been mentioned twice in this thread. One person said he/she found them very fun. The second quoted the first and said except for TtFatF where the solo has 2 hopos.

That's close. I said both were fun. Hammer said OGaP was bad due to a lack of HoPos in the solos. In hindsight to my original comment, TTFaF is WAY more fun than OGaP. I'm just not as against it as Hammer.

They are harder than just about everything except Thrasher and Visons (you could argue Battery and Rude Mood as well as a few others).

BTW, I now have a run of TTFaF Hard guitar with only two misses (none of which were during solos).
stardf29  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Huh, hard to find those posts amidst all the, uh, commentary about DragonForce charting on Expert. *shrug*

Most high-end Expert songs are impossible on Guitar for me anyways, so I just enjoy flailing along to them with No Fail mode on or playing them on Hard, so whether the charting is "too hard" isn't much of a bother to me.
Brockbfball1563  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mystakin wrote:
HellAshes wrote:
Copied from the other thread.

TTFAF looks great to me. It's not totally accurate, but looks fun. On the other hand, I don't like the look of OGAP at all. Complete hyper-accurate charting at its finest. Doesn't look fun to play at all.

... what? I'd like you to explain this one. Cause if it's just based on the pure speed of the notes than that seems like a silly complaint( because otherwise it'd be waves of "undercharted!" all over the place ). I saw no off-time notes or forced strums that didn't make sense in OGaP( minus the intro, but I actually like the intro that way ).

For me, both charts are pretty much perfect and what I wanted... so I guess I get to walk away happy while everyone else is upset

The thing is that an undercharted song that's fun to play will ALWAYS be better than an incredibly accurate chart that isn't fun, at least to most people. OGaP was obviously undercharted in GH3, but it was incredibly fun IMO. Now it's on RB, way more accurate, but not at all fun to play (again, IMO). TtFaF got a little more fun as I played it, but there are still some sections that I don't care to ever learn because they just aren't fun, like that ::G part.

Also, someone please teach the charters at HMX how to not place HOPOs in the middle of strumming. I thought they finally had it figured out in TtFaF, but then I saw in this vid places like 0:32, 1:58, 4:19, and 5:25. Why are there HOPOs there? Is that really accurate? No. Does it make it more fun? No. So why do that? Even Neversoft managed to figure this out YEARS ago, so why does HMX still do this? And why are there two Y HOPOs in a row at 4:26? Yes, I know there's some kind of glitch that causes this to happen or something like that, but you'd think they'd look for this stuff before putting it out.

I'm not saying I hate the way HMX charts their songs, I'm more just sick of everyone acting like they're fucking geniuses when there are so many problems with them. Yes, I realize that fun is completely subjective and what I like won't be what everyone likes, but many of these problems are just so obvious to many of us here.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

inv4der wrote:
voidedalive2x wrote:
yakityyakblah wrote:
I really don't get people complaining about the intro to OGaP. There's plenty of songs that do the same thing faster. You guys are just addicted to HO/POs. And it's not "ZOMG TOO HARD 2BFUNZ" it's just some moderately paced strumming, learn how to make your fingers and strumming work in unison, it's got it's own fun factor.

I could get people complaining about the 20000nps scales and trills, but strumming the intro is such a nit pick to me.

I know it is, but like I said, it just has that "I ought to be fretted" feel to it, though I myself generally hate to have to strum parts like that.

But it is fretting.

S-So what if I didn't put "just fretting"!

Prong: Think you might make hard videos of both songs (if Hammer hasn't already)?

GH accomps: FFWF, DE, Battery HDrums FCs! HDrums 46/49!!
RB accomps: RB3 MDrums FGFC! RB3 MOMBFGFC!
Old Youtube, New Youtube | I do Twitch, now!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: vVv_Voided
Mystakin  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brockbfball1563 wrote:
The thing is that an undercharted song that's fun to play will ALWAYS be better than an incredibly accurate chart that isn't fun, at least to most people. OGaP was obviously undercharted in GH3, but it was incredibly fun IMO. Now it's on RB, way more accurate, but not at all fun to play (again, IMO). TtFaF got a little more fun as I played it, but there are still some sections that I don't care to ever learn because they just aren't fun, like that ::G part.

Also, someone please teach the charters at HMX how to not place HOPOs in the middle of strumming. I thought they finally had it figured out in TtFaF, but then I saw in this vid places like 0:32, 1:58, 4:19, and 5:25. Why are there HOPOs there? Is that really accurate? No. Does it make it more fun? No. So why do that? Even Neversoft managed to figure this out YEARS ago, so why does HMX still do this? And why are there two Y HOPOs in a row at 4:26? Yes, I know there's some kind of glitch that causes this to happen or something like that, but you'd think they'd look for this stuff before putting it out.

I'm not saying I hate the way HMX charts their songs, I'm more just sick of everyone acting like they're fucking geniuses when there are so many problems with them. Yes, I realize that fun is completely subjective and what I like won't be what everyone likes, but many of these problems are just so obvious to many of us here.

That's fine that you think the GHIII version is better or more fun, but to cry claims of Hyper-Accuracy or w/e over it basically puts you in the same boat as people who thought Jordan was too difficult, or that the original TTFAF chart was impossible. It may not be fun for you but for someone it IS, and your opinion on the matter shouldn't supersede theirs. What you cite aren't problems with the chart, they're just things you didn't like.

As for the hopo thing, it's a bit inconsistent but it doesn't bother me. Honestly, I miss more in the strumming sections that have forced strums than the ones without so... c'est la vie. I just wish they consistent one way or the other, instead of how the intro strumming of TTFAF is forced strummed and then not later on.

Last edited by Mystakin on Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:13 am; edited 1 time in total
PlatStrat  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brockbfball1563 wrote:

TtFaF got a little more fun as I played it, but there are still some sections that I don't care to ever learn because they just aren't fun, like that part.

Lol yeah that's the part where I failed on my sightread. Not that I wouldn't have failed at some point anyway. I continued playing the song with No Fail on and got 80%. That ending though is ridiculous.
TheHammer417  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Prong1978 wrote:
CyberRaiza wrote:
stardf29 wrote:

That's close. I said both were fun. Hammer said OGaP was bad due to a lack of HoPos in the solos. In hindsight to my original comment, TTFaF is WAY more fun than OGaP. I'm just not as against it as Hammer.

They are harder than just about everything except Thrasher and Visons (you could argue Battery and Rude Mood as well as a few others).

BTW, I now have a run of TTFaF Hard guitar with only two misses (none of which were during solos).

Uh oh, should we race to the FC? I had a run with 2 or 3 misses....halfway into the long solo...ugh
I find TTFAF on hard to be a really fun chart to play. OG&P is still iffy for me due to the lack of hopos and the strumfest that is the solos.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

voidedalive2x wrote:

Prong: Think you might make hard videos of both songs (if Hammer hasn't already)?

I'll make some quick vids of both the hard guitar charts.

edit: uploading TTFAF hard guitar now.....got a FC vid :P

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheHammer417 wrote:

You may have beaten me to the FC, but I still have a higher score (only missed outside of the solos in a run).

Good job on the FC, BTW.
hydrapower  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What confuses me about TTFAF's intro is that on plastar there's a green in between every other color, but on protar it seems like you're just playing the equivalent of the non-green colors?

Am I missing something?

Now Available in e-book format! Book 1 Book 2
Otharia - Science Fiction/Fantasy from some aspiring writers, check it out! Updates weekly!
TheHammer417  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Prong1978 wrote:
TheHammer417 wrote:

You may have beaten me to the FC, but I still have a higher score (only missed outside of the solos in a run).

Good job on the FC, BTW.

uploading OG&P too....crappy run but eh it's a vid..fc'd the long crazy solo though :/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 4 of 9

Jump to: