FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
3/29 DLC: Days Of Peace Pack and 2 Dragonforce singles!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
machetemonkey  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

one issue I have: With R&B/Soul/Funk as a genre, and even Jazz as a genre, why is "spinning wheel" classified as Classic rock? Surely either of the aforementioned genres (the former much more than the latter) would be better suited to the song.
PlatStrat  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HellAshes wrote:
Copied from the other thread.

TTFAF looks great to me. It's not totally accurate, but looks fun. On the other hand, I don't like the look of OGAP at all. Complete hyper-accurate charting at its finest. Doesn't look fun to play at all.

Have you seen/played the protar charts yet?
CyberRaiza  

I don't see why people are complaining about OGAP. Just about everything's charted fine/right. The crazy fast trills are all hammer-ons and charted to the correct speed (pretty sure), HMX didn't force strums much if at all. The intro's perfect either with or without hopos its fun, lolslow, and a breeze and it's played without hopos.

I don't see either taking too long to FC. There are people on this forum who can hit just about any pattern at high 20s to 30 nps.

"When things go wrong I seem to be bad
But I'm just a soul whose intentions are good
Oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood"

"And no one, thinks, they are to blame
Why can't we see, that when we bleed we bleed the same"
TheHammer417  

Prong1978 wrote:
The Dragonforce songs are pretty fun on Hard guitar, IMO.

Except OG&P....here's to having like 2 hammer ons in the entire solo and making the whole thing strumming...ugh. hate.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have a point Mystakin. I don't see how they could have charted those trills any better since that's how they are. The part before the solo didn't have to be like that though. It doesn't even sound like he's playing that pattern.

Guitar Hero: Live Goals:
Actually get good at Guitar Hero: Live
10 Guitar Hero: Live Setlist FCs

ShadoWolf wrote:
Fuck you HellAsses you fucking fucker

mazegeek999PSN from my accomplishments thread wrote:
koloxid wrote:
holy fuk
do you ever stop

Well, he hasn't posted in a month.

Last edited by HellAshes on Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:36 pm; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: HellAshes PSN Name: HellAshes
inv4der  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vuljatar wrote:
Someone needs to talk about the real injustice this week--Black Magic Woman without Gypsy Queen.

HMX says the label considered Gypsy Queen a second song in terms of licensing. For one reason or another they didn't license it as well.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HellAshes wrote:
You have a point. I don't see how they could have charted those trills any better since thatrn that's how they are. The part before the solo didn't have to be like that though. It doesn't even sound like he's playing that pattern.

I could see that, for sure. It might be a case of Overcharting Constant Motion style, but hyper-accuracy doesn't seem to be an issue in either chart that I've noticed.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HellAshes wrote:
You have a point Mystakin. I don't see how they could have charted those trills any better since that's how they are. The part before the solo didn't have to be like that though. It doesn't even sound like he's playing that pattern.

if you're talking about the part at 5:00 in this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4SCyDeBJaO0

video, it's definitely right as far as the notes go when they notes move up HMX makes them go up when it goes down or repeats HMX has it go down or repeat. I could check a tab, but listening to that part it's completely right. If not, ignore this.

"When things go wrong I seem to be bad
But I'm just a soul whose intentions are good
Oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood"

"And no one, thinks, they are to blame
Why can't we see, that when we bleed we bleed the same"
Yusuke  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the use of trill sections in OGaP.

Getting for Harmonies. cuz its awesome.

and fucking BLACK MAGIC WOMAN

Vuljatar  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

inv4der wrote:
HMX says the label considered Gypsy Queen a second song in terms of licensing. For one reason or another they didn't license it as well.

It's extremely unfortunate that they made that choice. Those two songs are irreversibly linked together in the public consciousness--most people aren't even aware that they are separate pieces of music.

I was very excited for Black Magic Woman, but I won't be purchasing it without Gypsy Queen. They were meant to be listened to together, they were meant to be played together, and playing one without the other will always feel "wrong" to me.
WHOKILLEDKENNY9  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PiemanLK wrote:
WHOKILLEDKENNY9 wrote:
This is what drives me crazy about scorehero people. They bitch about random charting even though they haven't either played an instrument before or they want it to be hard. Once they make the chart hard everyone bitches about it being overcharted. If its easy, they want it to be overcharted. Dragonforce is a clusterfuck of notes therefore, the chart is going to be raining skittles. My only problem I have with charting is the overexcessive bass pedal, but I get over it even though sometimes its set towards people with double bass.

You know, I like being able to PASS a song, thank you very much. I don't find an unrelenting wall of 26nps zigzags and trills very fun. I thought GH3's DF charts were actually very fun and difficult at the same time. Don't paint everyone with the same brush here.

And LOL you complain about people who complain about the guitar chart then bitch about the double bass on drums.

Grow up.

Shows how much people read XD. My complaint is completely a equipment issue because they sure as hell didn't sell my rb2 stock kit with two pedals. Second, who plays a fucking dragonforce song without realizing that it is going to be hard. Learn to read before you bash other people.

yakityyakblah  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vuljatar wrote:
inv4der wrote:

It's extremely unfortunate that they made that choice. Those two songs are irreversibly linked together in the public consciousness--most people aren't even aware that they are separate pieces of music.

I was very excited for Black Magic Woman, but I won't be purchasing it without Gypsy Queen. They were meant to be listened to together, they were meant to be played together, and playing one without the other will always feel "wrong" to me.

Blame it on the label, not Harmonix. You can't expect them to buy two songs and only sell one.
voidedalive2x  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the love of, God, HMX, WHY DID YOU CHART THE INTRO TO OGAP AS STRUMS AND NOT HO/POS?!

To me, that just seems so jaw-droppingly stupid. This is all IMO, of course, but that part just has the feel of needing to just be fretted, not fretted and strummed.

Of course, forcing strums in TTFAF's intro would've far more stupid, but still...

Before you ask, no, I have no other big gripes about the charts except that for OGaP. I am worried about that clusterfuck that plays just at the start of OGaP's main solo, and You Rock! in TTFAF, but those are just "well, I guess they're okay," and not the "OMGWTFBBQ" I was thinking when I saw OGaP's intro.

GH accomps: FFWF, DE, Battery HDrums FCs! HDrums 46/49!!
RB accomps: RB3 MDrums FGFC! RB3 MOMBFGFC!
Old Youtube, New Youtube | I do Twitch, now!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: vVv_Voided
yakityyakblah  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really don't get people complaining about the intro to OGaP. There's plenty of songs that do the same thing faster. You guys are just addicted to HO/POs. And it's not "ZOMG TOO HARD 2BFUNZ" it's just some moderately paced strumming, learn how to make your fingers and strumming work in unison, it's got it's own fun factor.

I could get people complaining about the 20000nps scales and trills, but strumming the intro is such a nit pick to me.
voidedalive2x  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yakityyakblah wrote:
I really don't get people complaining about the intro to OGaP. There's plenty of songs that do the same thing faster. You guys are just addicted to HO/POs. And it's not "ZOMG TOO HARD 2BFUNZ" it's just some moderately paced strumming, learn how to make your fingers and strumming work in unison, it's got it's own fun factor.

I could get people complaining about the 20000nps scales and trills, but strumming the intro is such a nit pick to me.

I know it is, but like I said, it just has that "I ought to be fretted" feel to it, though I myself generally hate to have to strum parts like that.

GH accomps: FFWF, DE, Battery HDrums FCs! HDrums 46/49!!
RB accomps: RB3 MDrums FGFC! RB3 MOMBFGFC!
Old Youtube, New Youtube | I do Twitch, now!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: vVv_Voided
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 3 of 9

Jump to: