FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
FUCK YOU RB3 VOX
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mav1  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:22 pm    Post subject: FUCK YOU RB3 VOX Reply with quote

ok wtf. Rb3 vox causing me way too many problems for me. I could fc I was wrong all the time in performance mode and even alive is an easy fc for me but rb3 is making it tough. Tips anyone? I thought gh vocals were bad
PlexShaw  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Use vibrato. A lot. That will make things easier. Trust me on this.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: PlexShaw PSN Name: PlexShaw Wii Friend Code: 5941308033072690
bclare  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First, and I'm sure you have already, but make sure your calibration is good.

Besides vibrato, the RB3 engine no longer has the end of phrase bonus that RB2 has, so especially on shorter phrases you have less of a chance of recovery if you aren't perfect from the start. Trying starting to sing a little bit early (and the OD windows in RB3 usually won't activate because of that)
mav1  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the problem that I'm having is that on short phrases the pie barely moves and when I use vibrato it makes it worse. For example just like heaven took me at least 50 attempts to 5 star alone. If it was rb2 vox engine this would be easy FGFC for me. When should I use vibrato and shouldn't? I have 80 fc in rb2 and 10 only in rb3 while trying for fc's for the same amount of time. I fced pinball wizard after two attempts only but I can't gs I love rock n roll. Wow horrible vox engine and yes I know title may be offending for someone but seriously if you share my frustrations with this engine you would understand. Harmonix focused on pro too much AND THEY BEHIND LUMP IN LINE FOR BRAINS. Idiots with broken features on all instuments pro or not
ProffessorJoe  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mav1 wrote:
the problem that I'm having is that on short phrases the pie barely moves and when I use vibrato it makes it worse. For example just like heaven took me at least 50 attempts to 5 star alone. If it was rb2 vox engine this would be easy FGFC for me. When should I use vibrato and shouldn't? I have 80 fc in rb2 and 10 only in rb3 while trying for fc's for the same amount of time. I fced pinball wizard after two attempts only but I can't gs I love rock n roll. Wow horrible vox engine and yes I know title may be offending for someone but seriously if you share my frustrations with this engine you would understand. Harmonix focused on pro too much AND THEY BEHIND LUMP IN LINE FOR BRAINS. Idiots with broken features on all instuments pro or not

This is so blatantly a calibration issue. This engine is just as easy as RB2, if not easier, depending on whether you know how to use vibrato or not. And no vibrato cannot just be used wherever and whenever to help. It can hurt also. But thats beside the point. I strongly suggest calibrating with an instrument if you play one. The way this engine is graphically it is very hard to calibrate if you go by vocals alone. Once you get a better calibration you should start fcing everything you are used to fcing. Too many people just assume the engine is bad if they can't play on it. And please don't say you play on a CRT so the calibration is obviously 0. Thats very far from true (if you do play on a crt). We can help you with calibration if you let us know what your setup is.
Go there for videos of Over Rated R Us featuring the amazing RJUCPU!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: PR0FFESS0RJ0E
mav1  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well I've had success calibrating with my guitar in which I was actually able to fc some songs but when I try to use those same numbers on vox but no success. I actually did better with settings on 0 then with the guitar numbers. TV is a toshiba 40 or so inch
bclare  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mav1 wrote:
well I've had success calibrating with my guitar in which I was actually able to fc some songs but when I try to use those same numbers on vox but no success. I actually did better with settings on 0 then with the guitar numbers. TV is a toshiba 40 or so inch

Calibration isn't necessarily the same for different instruments. I can't say what exactly your calibration is, but I'm sure there is a setting that will work for you if you experiment.
LucasPWNS8907  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rb3 is more back-end heavy than the previous games which basically means two things. first, end squeezing is ridiculous in this game and second (which applies more to you), the engine is very particular about filling the last little bit of the phrase. unlike in rb2, if you sing a phrase perfectly except for the last little bit, you will miss the phrase. rb2 would sometimes give you the phrase if you missed the last little bit. rb3 is very unforgiving about this though which is why people drop ticks all the time. combine that with bad calibration and that just is a nightmare.

as others have said, VIBRATO, VIBRATO, VIBRATO! that seems to be the main thing this engine is looking for to fill the majority of the pie. my rule of thumb for when to use it is if the blue pitch line looks like more than an inch at a comfortable viewing distance. i guess this is about the same length on tv as a half bar of vocal OD in the meter if that helps. so if it's that long or longer, vibrato.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: LucasPWNS8907 PSN Name: TheyCallMeLucas
mav1  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

is rb3 calibration test accurate? It gave me 108 ms for vid?
Moochalacho  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mav1 wrote:
is rb3 calibration test accurate? It gave me 108 ms for vid?

I'd have to say no... I achieved my calibration by using process of elimination, and the actual calibration I got was way different then the "automated" values provided in the calibration test.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calibration was and still is an issue for me, so I would probably say when you got your numbers to alter your audio lag by 20ms one way or the other depending on whether you're singing early or not. I learnt that the hard way when I flat out failed to 5* "One Armed Scissor" on my first few attempts, which I already knew well enough on the GH side to begin with.

And yes, the others said it here; calibration for one instrument doesn't always work the same for another. I'm sure my guitar settings are completely different across ALL my rhythm games

Click the card for my accomplishment thread!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Wii Friend Code: 4393435608820667
tidus  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what I heard, if you play on a 40 inch TV, calibration is the first order. I really, REALLY never needed to calibrate the game myself (non-HDTV player, inb4ProfessorJoe, etc.), before getting my own FGFC, so I really don't know crap about that.

As for the rest, you gotta control your vibrato. As it was said, if you shake it too much, or you don't get the right pitch before wavering around, it might be a gun to kill your combo instead. Also, patience. The interface might look like a crime due to factors such as the difficulty to see whether the pie is filling or not, but all in all, not only the engine is far, FAR away from deserving to be equalled to a GH game, but it has potential to become your whore when you adapt yourself to it, even moreso than RB2.

| 57 RB1 on-disk FC's, plus 4 RB Vox FGFC's. No way I don't feel accomplished! =)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: TidusKamikaze
SirAdmiral  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone says sounds like singer. That is completely false in my case. The less I sound like singer the better score I get. I have no idea what I do so wrong to fail when in reality I'm actually doing better.
Icemage  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SirAdmiral wrote:
Everyone says sounds like singer. That is completely false in my case. The less I sound like singer the better score I get. I have no idea what I do so wrong to fail when in reality I'm actually doing better.

Rock Band games in general don't care about things like tone or pronunciation.

When people say "sound like the singer", they mean "produce the same pitches in the right time". With some practice/talent/both, you can also sound reasonably good while still holding combo in Rock Band, particularly Rock Band 3 because of its love of vibrato.
BankaiNinja  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

maybe you're just not singing the exact right pitch even though you think you are. i mean no offense but if it took you 50 tries just to get just like heaven.....that's an easy song even with a less lenient engine >__>
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: