FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Possible Bohemian Community Project?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TalonHawk  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:01 pm    Post subject: Possible Bohemian Community Project? Reply with quote

Had in mind doing an "all star" version of Bohemian Rhapsody if there's any interest.

Basically we would get as many people as possible to FC one of the lines (lead or harmony) and record just their voice while doing it.

I could then take all the various tracks and lay them over top each other along with the music and some kind of video.

I think it might turn out pretty cool sounding if we could enough people to do each line. Kind of choir like.

So... is there any interest?
blingdomepiece  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Possible Bohemian Community Project? Reply with quote

TalonHawk wrote:
Had in mind doing an "all star" version of Bohemian Rhapsody if there's any interest.

Basically we would get as many people as possible to FC one of the lines (lead or harmony) and record just their voice while doing it.

I could then take all the various tracks and lay them over top each other along with the music and some kind of video.

I think it might turn out pretty cool sounding if we could enough people to do each line. Kind of choir like.

So... is there any interest?

There is already a pretty cool harmonies video on YT.

Although you could always do this for Good Vibrations .
TalonHawk  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's the general idea, but I would take as many people as possible doing each line and layer them together.
omglikewhat  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would pitch in, since the other community project I pitched in didnt work out. And i have FCed both Good vibrations and bohemian so yeah. I hope this works!
Wooffus  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to give it a go too. I have a RB3 FGFC under my belt, so any concerns going against me can be thrown out of the window

Click the card for my accomplishment thread!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Wii Friend Code: 4393435608820667
Vickie  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:36 am    Post subject: Re: Possible Bohemian Community Project? Reply with quote

blingdomepiece wrote:
There is already a pretty cool harmonies video on YT.

Although you could always do this for Good Vibrations .

I have something similar for GV

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=deRMiyoxhqM&feature=channel_video_title
TalonHawk  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, well, let's start a list then, and if we get enough people we can start working on it?

Put down which line (or lines) you could FC. I think it would have to be in the original octave to sound right in the end.

I have two partners and they should be able to get us at least the following lines FC in orginal octave.

Kim - Yellow and Red (Maybe blue, the "MEEEE" is a killer)
Katie - Red and Blue (Maybe yellow)
machetemonkey  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can certainly FC one line for this.

Can I take "Mama, Just killed a man"

??? pretty please?

I can do it in the original octave and make it sound pretty decent.
Arcanon  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm no "all-star," but I'd love to be part of this if you'll have me.

I can take "So you think you can stone me and spit in my eye." I LOVE that part.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Arcanon24
TalonHawk  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry guys, I guess I'm not being clear.

When I say "line" I mean the entire song not just a single phrase. Like doing all the lead blue part, or all of the red or yellow harmony parts.

Again, the point is to have as many voices as possible singing at the same time to give it a "choir" effect.

So really what I need is for people to let me know which part (Blue, Yellow, Red) or more than one if they're up for it. And remember, it will probably have to be in the original octave to sound right, and will have to be an FC otherwise it could "sour" the whole sound.

I may try a test of the concept at home using what voices I can dig up to see how it sounds. I'll let yall know.
omglikewhat  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RED Harmonies Here
EDIT: Or Blue cause I can sing everything in original octave so you chose
Arcanon  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TalonHawk wrote:

When I say "line" I mean the entire song not just a single phrase. Like doing all the lead blue part, or all of the red or yellow harmony parts.

Again, the point is to have as many voices as possible singing at the same time to give it a "choir" effect.

So really what I need is for people to let me know which part (Blue, Yellow, Red) or more than one if they're up for it. And remember, it will probably have to be in the original octave to sound right, and will have to be an FC otherwise it could "sour" the whole sound.

I may try a test of the concept at home using what voices I can dig up to see how it sounds. I'll let yall know.

Ah. I'd thought this was a phrase-by-phrase thing like the Foreplay/Long Time community FC.

I'm out then, I'm not good enough to FC the whole song just yet. Looking forward to see how this turns out!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Arcanon24
TalonHawk  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

omglikewhat wrote:
RED Harmonies Here
EDIT: Or Blue cause I can sing everything in original octave so you chose

Or both?
TalonHawk  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well so far we only have...

Blue Line = 2
Red Line = 3
Yellow Line = 1

Not sure which line(s) the two people who said they could FC the song would be interested in doing, or if they FC'd it in different octaves.

I'd like to have at least 5 people per line to even make an attempt at it.
machetemonkey  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arcanon wrote:
TalonHawk wrote:

Ah. I'd thought this was a phrase-by-phrase thing like the Foreplay/Long Time community FC.

I'm out then, I'm not good enough to FC the whole song just yet. Looking forward to see how this turns out!

I made the same mistake. Yeah, I guess I'm out as well. I'll leave this to the community vocal gods.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: