FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Degressing?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SirAdmiral  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 5:34 pm    Post subject: Degressing? Reply with quote

Before I used to think I'd never ever be able to pass Everlong and Run to the Hills. A few weeks ago I had finally gotten to the point where I no longer feared failing when I played them. I'm fairly certain I'm better now then I was when I was epic failing them before but I can't do it anymore.

Now today I've somehow managed to go from passing everlong and RttH every time I play down to now failing almost every time. I literally had to turn the xbox off in disgust of my inconsistencies at drumming.

How does one become a consistent drummer? It's not through "practice" I know that.
bclare  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's possible that you've always just been hitting the notes as fast as you could, and now you're going too fast?
SirAdmiral  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bclare wrote:
It's possible that you've always just been hitting the notes as fast as you could, and now you're going too fast?

Nope, I actually can't keep up with it.
Nubnut  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well there's two potential causes I see here.

1. Overplaying: As in, if you play something over and over again in one sitting, after about the 3rd or 4th time you're just going to start getting worse and worse due to: stress, anger, or exhaustion.

2. Not warming up: If you're just getting to the point of not failing RttH/Everlong you're still gonna need to do some pretty extensive warming up before playing them, start out with some easier songs and work your way up to Everlong.
"THERE IS A DREAM I AM LIVING
THERE IS A LIFE I AM DREAMING OF"
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Gavesit
angelslayerp  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this happens to me if i dont play for a while... but like if you could do it yesterday and then today you cant then you are one funny person cause that doesnt happen to no one

Quazifuji  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

angelslayerp wrote:
this happens to me if i dont play for a while... but like if you could do it yesterday and then today you cant then you are one funny person cause that doesnt happen to no one

It's reasonable with really endurance-heavy songs like RttH or Everlong. If you're not warmed up or your arms are tired, you can really struggle on them even if you normally do fine. Sometimes you also just have a good day or an off day.
SirAdmiral  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nubnut wrote:
Well there's two potential causes I see here.

1. Overplaying: As in, if you play something over and over again in one sitting, after about the 3rd or 4th time you're just going to start getting worse and worse due to: stress, anger, or exhaustion.

2. Not warming up: If you're just getting to the point of not failing RttH/Everlong you're still gonna need to do some pretty extensive warming up before playing them, start out with some easier songs and work your way up to Everlong.

1. Nope. Also don't get tired, I just don't stay on beat or anything

2. I never start on the hard stuff. Played stuff ranging from Du Hast to Stone sour DLC to Crazy Train and etc before I tried Everlong. I'm LUCKY to hit 4 stars if I even pass.

angelslayerp wrote:

I guess that makes me a comedian.
11yearoldkid  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you change your setup or just anything from two weeks ago till now?

TEN THOUSANNNNNNND!
My life.
SirAdmiral  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

11yearoldkid wrote:
Did you change your setup or just anything from two weeks ago till now?

I've got so much room I don't really ever need to move anything so no.
Rome11  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sometimes this happens to me and i just recalibrate my drum set. if i can do marginally well on a song for my skill level, then the next day come back and can't play it well at all, i recalibrate. usually does the trick.

try it out. might help.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: