FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Season 12.5 DLC PK League Winners-viukkis and machetemonkey!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MasterNobody  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well that's odd. I kind of feared that would happen. How about this, I'll play another round, but can I pick the song? As kind of like a home-field advantage earned by winning Killer Queen, if you will. Thoughts, Volt and machete?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks googleimage, you also had a nice score and streak. Such a tough song.

I had a feeling that PbtDL would be the final song!
machetemonkey  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MasterNobody wrote:
Well that's odd. I kind of feared that would happen. How about this, I'll play another round, but can I pick the song? As kind of like a home-field advantage earned by winning Killer Queen, if you will. Thoughts, Volt and machete?

I really love Modern Love. It's my favorite Bowie song!

Having said that, I actually think your suggestion is pretty fair. I'm in full favor of having one more round but with you picking the song. The one request is that I joined open division because I love playing one expert but I can't play the crazy stuff in the final two tiers, so if you pick something, keep it somewhat reasonable? I can leave it up to you to decide what's "reasonable" as well, though.
Voltgloss  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

machetemonkey wrote:
MasterNobody wrote:

Having said that, I actually think your suggestion is pretty fair. I'm in full favor of having one more round but with you picking the song. The one request is that I joined open division because I love playing one expert but I can't play the crazy stuff in the final two tiers, so if you pick something, keep it somewhat reasonable? I can leave it up to you to decide what's "reasonable" as well, though.

If you two are fine with this approach, I'm fine with it too. Looking forward to seeing what MasterNobody selects. So, MN, what'll it be?

RB3 Expert Pro Keys FCs: 58/63 + 214 DLC. My accomplishments thread.
machetemonkey  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Voltgloss wrote:
machetemonkey wrote:
MasterNobody wrote:

If you two are fine with this approach, I'm fine with it too. Looking forward to seeing what MasterNobody selects. So, MN, what'll it be?

*crosses fingers for Modern Love*

/sarcasm/

I would actually not like that song. I love the song, but I'm no great shakes at it when it comes to keys. Damn pickup notes.
MasterNobody  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can I pick the yet-unreleased Take On Me by A-Ha? I get the feeling that is soon to be the best fun-but not-overly-challenging Pro Keys chart. That's my pick if it's okay to choose a song that won't be out for another ~30 hours.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MasterNobody wrote:
Can I pick the yet-unreleased Take On Me by A-Ha? I get the feeling that is soon to be the best fun-but not-overly-challenging Pro Keys chart. That's my pick if it's okay to choose a song that won't be out for another ~30 hours.

You both are on 360, right? If so, I have no problem with this. (It'd be a different story if one of you were exclusively on PS3 and therefore disadvantaged by the PS3's delayed release schedule.)

machetemonkey  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Voltgloss wrote:
MasterNobody wrote:

You both are on 360, right? If so, I have no problem with this. (It'd be a different story if one of you were exclusively on PS3 and therefore disadvantaged by the PS3's delayed release schedule.)

I won't be able to download it until probably about Wednesday, but thats usually when I start to work on songs for this rivalry anyway, so I'm cool with that.
MasterNobody  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

machetemonkey wrote:
I won't be able to download it until probably about Wednesday, but thats usually when I start to work on songs for this rivalry anyway, so I'm cool with that.

Cool, I won't play it on Tuesday just to make things fair. I'm excited to get a crack at a brand new chart. Good luck machete!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MasterNobody wrote:
machetemonkey wrote:

Cool, I won't play it on Tuesday just to make things fair. I'm excited to get a crack at a brand new chart. Good luck machete!

You didn't have to do that to even things up. I actually got it downloaded today, but now I'm going to have to wait until tomorrow to work on it to even it out with you. =P

Anyways, just looking up videos of it, the chart looks like exactly what we were hoping for: Lots of cool leads, lots of variety, but without ever being excessively difficult.
machetemonkey  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, score unhappily submitted.

I spent a good hour or so working on the song getting it from a dismal barely-3-star (and <70%) up to a respectable score, but then my week got super busy and I had no more time to work on it.

...and I just realized that I'm guessing our scores are due by Wednesday, since that's when we both started playing the song.

In that case, maybe I have some more time!
MasterNobody  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

machetemonkey wrote:

...and I just realized that I'm guessing our scores are due by Wednesday, since that's when we both started playing the song.

We didn't ever discuss extending the deadline due to the late start, did we?

I think the deadline was intended to be 13 minutes ago. I'd be more than happy to be done now, I've done pretty much all I can on this song. Not too thrilled about my results but the verses are just impossible for me.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as I'm aware, the deadline was always going to be tonight, late song acquisition notwithstanding. In any case, I have scores for you both now and am putting together the results post - will be up shortly.

Voltgloss  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PLAYOFF FINALS RESULTS
(Spectator scores in parentheses; bracket winners in bold)

Expert Division

Paradise by the Dashboard Light

- mrexley: No score submitted (highest score on leaderboard is 601,295)
VERSUS
- viukkis: 972776 score, 98%, 343 NS

(Voltgloss: 778955 score, 96%)

Expert Division League Winner: viukkis!

Open Division

Take On Me

- MasterNobody: 124169 score, 74%, 84 NS
VERSUS
- machetemonkey: 127141 score, 84%, 86 NS

(viukkis: 314414 score, 100%, 538 NS)
(Voltgloss: 300817 score, 99%)

Open Division League Winner: machetemonkey!

And that is that. Congratulations to the winners, and I hope all participants had fun - I certainly did!

blingdomepiece  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for running this!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Rivalries All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 10 of 11

Jump to: