FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Season 12.5 DLC PK League Winners-viukkis and machetemonkey!
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Voltgloss  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:07 pm    Post subject: Season 12.5 DLC PK League Winners-viukkis and machetemonkey! Reply with quote

Welcome to the Season 12.5 Unofficial DLC Pro Keys Scorehero League!

This thread is for sign-ups, discussion, and conduct of the unofficial Rock Band 3 DLC Pro Keys league. The idea for this league was conceived during the official Season 12 Pro Keys league.

The League is concluded.
Congrats to our winners: viukkis and machetemonkey!

FINAL RESULTS

Expert Division:
- Winner: viukkis
- Runner-Up: mrexley

Open Division:
- Winner: machetemonkey
- Runner-Up: MasterNobody

Pre-Playoff Score Standings (after Round Four)

Expert Division:
- mrexley: 630.62 points
- viukkis: 529.49 points
- hwaapczepap: 203.86 points
- googleimage: 178.93 points
- blingdomepiece: 102.30 points
- malictus: 0 points
- TheSoundDefense: 0 points

Open Division:
- machetemonkey: 541.20 points
- Iggy-Sparks: 400.00 points
- TGro: 171.62 points
- MasterNobody: 144.90 points
- Dougtron3030: 139.04 points
- bclare: 0 points

FAQ

What is this all about?

Similar to the official Season 12 Scorehero Leagues, this unofficial league will be a multi-week rivalry, competition, and tournament between all interested players who sign up. As with the official leagues, there will be four weeks of "regular season" rounds, followed by playoffs. This league is for Pro Keys only, and will exclusively use DLC.

Any platform (PS3, 360, Wii, etc.) may be used. RBN songs and on-disc songs will NOT be included in this league.

The main focus of the league is to carry on the fun of the Season 12 Pro Keys league, this time using DLC. Hopefully this will also help us all explore a bit more into the wide world of DLC and maybe expose us to some new songs/artists we wouldn't otherwise have considered. And, as always, bragging points are at stake.

League Divisions

To encourage players of all skill levels to participate, there will be two divisions in this League:

-- Open Division: Scores acquired using any difficulty setting may be submitted.
-- Expert Division: Scores must be acquired on "Expert" difficulty.

When signing up for the league, you must select ONE division in which you will be entered as a "player." You will then be in the running for championship of that division, and that division only.

You can also submit scores for songs in the other division, and they will be included in the round results - but as "spectator" scores, meaning that your scores in those divisions will NOT count towards your league standing.

I will also be submitting scores to stay in on the fun but as a "spectator" only.

Regular Season

Each week, two songs will be selected for each division. (Each division will play a DIFFERENT setlist of songs over the course of the league.) Players (and spectators) will have from a one-week period to submit scores for the songs in their division. Players are, of course, free to submit "spectator" scores for the other division.

Round scores will be calculated similarly to the process used for calculating league scores.

Songs will be quasi-randomly selected - meaning that you (and your competitors) will have some influence on what songs show up! For more details, see "How do I sign up?" at the end of this post.

Playoffs

At present, playoffs are anticipated to include the top 4 scorers in each division at the end of the regular season. (This may change if more participants sign up.) The 5th top scorer will be an "alternate" whose score will be accepted into the first playoff round if any of the other 4 participants do not submit a score during that round.

Playoff bracketing - including rules relating to alternates - will be conducted in the same manner as the regular leagues.

How do I submit scores?

All scores should be submitted by PM to me, Voltgloss, before the end time of the round (listed at the beginning of this post). Belatedly received scores will be treated like "spectator" scores - I will still report them upon receipt, but they will NOT count towards your league standing. If you do not timely submit a score for a song in your selected division, you will earn ZERO points for that song that round.

When submitting your scores, please include Score, Note Streak, and % of Notes Hit. Picture proof is NOT REQUIRED for purposes of this league. Note, however, that if you are planning to submit a league score as a "first ever" FC for bclare's thread (see below), picture proof WILL be required to prove the FC.

Where will the next round's songs and results be posted?

The next round's songs will be posted via edit to the first post of this thread as soon as possible after the end of the previous round. Round results will be similarly posted within 24 hours after the end of the round. There may be a longer delay at the end of the last regular season round, while playoff brackets are prepared.

Please refrain from posting your current scores, hints about your scores, FC attainment, etc. until AFTER the round has ended. Also please refrain from posting league scores to SH until after the round. You're only hurting yourself by letting your competitors know what scores you've got while the round is still running.

I FC'd a song no one has FC'd before! I want to report this in bclare's "un-FC'd songs" thread, but also don't want to give away my progress while the round is running. What do I do?

PM me (Voltgloss) with a link to picture proof of your FC (i.e., a picture showing your streak). I will then post in bclare's thread that "somebody" has FC'd the song in question, and that their identity will be revealed after the current league round is over. Then, once the round is done, I will edit my post in bclare's thread to include your picture proof and give you the credit for FC'ing the song. If I receive multiple "I FC'd this song" PM's during a round, the player who FIRST sends me a PM with proof will get the credit.

NOTE: To receive credit in bclare's thread for an FC, you MUST have played the song on Expert difficulty.

Questions, comments, confusion, suggestions? Post away! Here's hoping for a fun, intriguing, and competitive tour through the world of Pro Keys DLC!

- Volt

RB3 Expert Pro Keys FCs: 58/63 + 214 DLC. My accomplishments thread.

Last edited by Voltgloss on Sun Jun 19, 2011 4:46 am; edited 18 times in total
thewinnerisgeeg  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to sign up except for the fact that by then I might still be busy with the OMB league and that I don't have money to buy required DLC.

im a girl now!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: geegSH
malictus  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds fun; I'm in for Gold League I guess...

My only fear is that there won't be enough people signing up to make for good competition.

As for songs, here are some good ones.....

- Head Like A Hole
- Riders On The Storm
- Light My Fire
- The Stranger
machetemonkey  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, I'd like to sign up.

I'm debating between Bronze and Silver leagues. If we don't get many competitors, and it seems unrealistic to do one or the other, I'll sign up for whichever will be used. If both are used, put me in the Bronze league.

So basically, Bronze League unless for whatever reason that doesn't run, in which case I'm fine being the Silver League.

Track suggestions:

1: I Will Possess Your Heart - Death Cab For Cutie

2: Obsession - Animotion

3: The Ballad of Ira Hayes - Johnny Cash

4: I Want to Break Free (RB3 Version) - Queen

5: Blue Monday - New Order
hwaapczepap  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'd like to sign up for the gold division.

Songs i'd like to see:
-Pressure
-Lay Your Hands On Me
-The Entertainer
-Crippled Inside
-Riders on the Storm

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to sign up for the bronze division, but I don't really like the structure of the division splits. Mostly the enjoyable songs on keys are in the last 3 tiers, and the bronze division wouldn't be able to play any of those in the regular season. I have far more fun playing Roundabout on Medium than I do playing Before I Forget on Expert. =/ So I was wondering if the division structure could be altered at all. Maybe just one for Expert and one for open difficulty? The best players play all expert, obviously, but I feel there are many people in my boat that play Medium on the hardest songs, Hard on middle stuff, and Expert on the easiest! Something to consider, let me know.

Also, I would like to maybe have one on-disc song per week. There really isn't that much keys DLC and I think it would be good to keep options open by using the RB3 disk.

Songs-
Under Pressure
Killer Queen
Piano Man
Blue Monday
Burning Down the House

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MasterNobody wrote:
I would like to sign up for the bronze division, but I don't really like the structure of the division splits. Mostly the enjoyable songs on keys are in the last 3 tiers, and the bronze division wouldn't be able to play any of those in the regular season. I have far more fun playing Roundabout on Medium than I do playing Before I Forget on Expert. =/ So I was wondering if the division structure could be altered at all. Maybe just one for Expert and one for open difficulty? The best players play all expert, obviously, but I feel there are many people in my boat that play Medium on the hardest songs, Hard on middle stuff, and Expert on the easiest! Something to consider, let me know.

I'm interested to hear other participants' thoughts on MasterNobody's suggestion to change the tiering structure. As I understand it, under MasterNobody's proposal all participants would be playing the same songs each week - but one set would be restricted to Expert, and the other would be allowed to play any difficulty. (MN, please tell me if my understanding is incorrect.) If a majority of participants prefer this approach, I'll switch. So, thoughts/comments?

The one thing I would note is that, IMHO, while MN's comment about the enjoyable songs on keys all being in the last 3 tiers arguably holds true for on-disc songs, I don't think it really applies to DLC.

MasterNobody wrote:
Also, I would like to maybe have one on-disc song per week. There really isn't that much keys DLC and I think it would be good to keep options open by using the RB3 disk.

Also interested to hear other people's thoughts on this idea. FYI, there are currently 144 DLC songs available with keys.

malictus  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll go with whatever you decide. Either way sounds fine. But, as I said before, I just want there to be enough people to make it fun. I'm just not sure there are enough people to fill up 3 divisions.
MasterNobody  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Voltgloss wrote:

I'm interested to hear other participants' thoughts on MasterNobody's suggestion to change the tiering structure. As I understand it, under MasterNobody's proposal all participants would be playing the same songs each week - but one set would be restricted to Expert, and the other would be allowed to play any difficulty. (MN, please tell me if my understanding is incorrect.) If a majority of participants prefer this approach, I'll switch. So, thoughts/comments?

The one thing I would note is that, IMHO, while MN's comment about the enjoyable songs on keys all being in the last 3 tiers arguably holds true for on-disc songs, I don't think it really applies to DLC.

MasterNobody wrote:

Also interested to hear other people's thoughts on this idea. FYI, there are currently 144 DLC songs available with keys.

First off yes, you're mostly right on your understanding. The two divisions is what I want, and I think that would make for better structure than three. One X and one multi-difficulty would probably be the best based on what I saw in leagues. I didn't necessarily mean that we would all have to play the same songs in the same weeks, but that could certainly be an option!

About DLC, I just honestly don't buy that much DLC, and as things are structured now, I'll be playing 9 songs at the very least, and with 144 DLC songs and me owning less than DLC songs with keys, I'll probably have to buy between 7 and 9 songs to just participate. So I figured including the disc, at least somewhat, might help bridge this gap for players who don't have as much DLC.

Also, Volt, your avatar is PERFECT for you, SH's resident keys master.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll sign up for the gold division and add the following suggestions:

Maybe I'm Amazed
Jealous Guy
Modern Love
Love Her Madly
Runaway
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: viukkis PSN Name: viukkis
bclare  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MasterNobody wrote:
Also, Volt, your avatar is PERFECT for you, SH's resident keys master.

malictus, wuLFe and Cassiopa may dispute thaat

Anyway, as I'm running the unFCed thread, I'd appreciate you using at least one unFCed song each round, even if it doesn't get FCed then it could bring it to someone's attention.

I'm pretty awful at keys myself, but I've got a decent amount of keys dlc, so if you have an open difficulty division I could join that.
Iggy-Sparks  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I may join this league, but I want to know one thing, how many xbox live points would the whole season cost?

And I agree with MasterNobody, random songs for all.
Except if Rainbow in the dark or Need you tonight shows up
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: McDuboff
blingdomepiece  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Viukkis' avatar is pretty sweet too... Kerry Minnear was God.

I would like in on this and I would rather get my butt kicked and play interesting stuff than do really well on Apprentice level songs.
Voltgloss  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Based on participants' various comments, I am leaning towards the revising the league as follows:

1. There will be two divisions: the Open division (where any difficulty can be selected for each song), and the Expert division (where all songs must be played on Expert).
2. Each week during regular season, the songs chosen will be DIFFERENT between the two divisions. (So, four songs total will be chosen each week.) This way, participants in one division can, if they wish, also submit "spectator" scores for songs in the other division.

If anyone prefers my original concept vs. this revised approach, please let me know your thoughts. Thanks!

Iggy-Sparks wrote:
I may join this league, but I want to know one thing, how many xbox live points would the whole season cost?

Under the current plan, each participant would be responsible for playing a total of eight DLC songs during regular season. Being a PS3 player, I am not familiar with the currency known as "xbox live points" but usually each DLC song costs $2. So, $16 total.

However, if we go with MasterNobody's idea of using at least one on-disc song per round, that cost would be cut in half (as there would be one on-disc song and one DLC song per round). So, $8 for the regular season.

Which segues into my question for the group: What are people's thoughts on using on-disc songs in conjunction with DLC? At present, I am considering using one on-disc and one DLC song per week in the Open Division, while using exclusively DLC in the Expert Division. Thoughts/comments/ideas?

In any case, as of this writing, the makeup of each division will be:

Open Division
- machetemonkey
- MasterNobody
- bclare

Expert Division
- malictus
- hwaapczepap
- viukkis

blingdomepiece, given the change to the division structure, please let me know if you'd prefer the Open or the Expert division. I think your post is leaning towards Expert, but I'm checking to confirm.

And thank you all for the DLC suggestions. Very interesting list so far!

...And glad you like my avatar, MN. You're the first to comment on/recognize the Lone Locust of the Apocalypse.

machetemonkey  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the purpose of this was originally to get more people to play the keys DLC, so we should leave on-disc songs out of it. I strongly suggest DLC only.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Rivalries All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 1 of 11

Jump to: