FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Season 12.5 DLC PK League Winners-viukkis and machetemonkey!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Voltgloss  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheSoundDefense wrote:
Too late to join Expert division?

Nope! You have my four-year-old and nine-month-old to thank for making me so exhausted last night I fell asleep before coming back to this thread.

In any case, I'm randomizing the songs for Round 1 now and will update the intro post accordingly soon. Time to get started~!

Edit: Round 1 songs are posted in the intro!

RB3 Expert Pro Keys FCs: 58/63 + 214 DLC. My accomplishments thread.

Last edited by Voltgloss on Sat Mar 26, 2011 7:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
googleimage  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Question about leaderboard-uploaded scores for submission. Will picture proof still be required if the leaderboard score is higher than the submitted score?
Voltgloss  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

googleimage wrote:
Question about leaderboard-uploaded scores for submission. Will picture proof still be required if the leaderboard score is higher than the submitted score?

If the leaderboard score is higher than the picture submitted, I will use the leaderboard score. But I wouldn't recommend relying on leaderboard scores, as the rate at which they update is not wholly within our control - and I'm only going to check the leaderboards once each round.

Also, picture proof (showing streak) is necessary to prove an FC (for bclare's thread).

googleimage  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the reason I'm asking is because the leaderboard scores aren't time stamped. I'm thinking more in terms of what the policy is if you didn't beat your personal best that you achieved prior to leagues. And is there a check to make sure that the submitted scores were actually obtained during the 7 day period?
Voltgloss  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

googleimage wrote:
Well, the reason I'm asking is because the leaderboard scores aren't time stamped. I'm thinking more in terms of what the policy is if you didn't beat your personal best that you achieved prior to leagues. And is there a check to make sure that the submitted scores were actually obtained during the 7 day period?

Oh. Huh. That's a very good point and one I'd not considered. Hmm... well, it seems to me that using leaderboards to check scores creates enough of a problem that picture proof should be requested for all scores. Anyone have a difficulty with that?

Also, I don't know how we'd go about confirming that a picture was taken during the 7-day period, and as I recall the official leagues didn't have any such system in place either. I'm inclined to go with the honor system on that issue.

MasterNobody  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly, I think picture proof is kinda pointless. It would obviously be very difficult (if not impossible) to prove that pictures were taken in the acceptable time period, and for scores that are individual high scores, we already have the leaderboard. Can we just run on the honor system? It's not like this is for money or prizes or anything, people really have no reason to cheat.

Taking pictures of every single score, uploading them to Photobucket, THEN posting the score, is kind of a pain in the ass. I think it would be best if we just trusted the honor system, but if the majority thinks otherwise I'll be willing to take pictures.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I concur. Based on the leagues experience I already know I'm dealing with people who don't have to bullshit - and most likely have too much pride to bullshit, especially during a lower-stakes regular season. I'm totally cool with an honors system. That said, as long as the policy is "picture proof required", I'll abide by it.
machetemonkey  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aw man I'm no good at Under Pressure. BOOO-URNS!

Anyways I Will Possess Your Heart is one of my favorite low-tier keys songs, so I'm happy about that.
bclare  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I'd been thinking about buying "I Will Possess..." anyway, and I think I'm gonna pick up some MSP tomorrow and get the Queen upgrade pack too.

As for pictures, I'm not going to bother. As mentioned, this is informal and without prizes, and even if there were any I don't think I'd be seriously in the running. Maybe the Expert Division should ask for pictures, but I don't think the Open Division needs to require proof.

I appreciate the mentions of the unFCed thread in the OP, and I think that should be a fair policy if this competition does produce any results. The only unFCed song this week is Piano Man, so hopefully that can get taken care of, or at least someone (or someones) can make progress on it and FC in the future.
machetemonkey  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bclare wrote:
Well, I'd been thinking about buying "I Will Possess..." anyway, and I think I'm gonna pick up some MSP tomorrow and get the Queen upgrade pack too.

As for pictures, I'm not going to bother. As mentioned, this is informal and without prizes, and even if there were any I don't think I'd be seriously in the running. Maybe the Expert Division should ask for pictures, but I don't think the Open Division needs to require proof.

I appreciate the mentions of the unFCed thread in the OP, and I think that should be a fair policy if this competition does produce any results. The only unFCed song this week is Piano Man, so hopefully that can get taken care of, or at least someone (or someones) can make progress on it and FC in the future.

On a random note, I believe someone posted a Piano Man Pro Keys FC right before the new Billy Joel pack came out.
bclare  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

machetemonkey wrote:
bclare wrote:

On a random note, I believe someone posted a Piano Man Pro Keys FC right before the new Billy Joel pack came out.

D'oh! That is true, I see that now. I should pay more attention to my own thread

Okay so no unFCed songs this week, but we can still have some good times, and the songs in Expert should definitely be a challenge anyway.
Voltgloss  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I expect this will be the only week with no un-FC'd songs. (Unless of course some league songs get FC'd between now and the turns they will come up.)

Waiting to see if anyone says they are in favor of requiring picture proof. If no one does, I'll remove the requirement. (Still needed to prove an FC though for bclare's thread.)

sycocoaster  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guess I get to see if my Piano Man path was any good soon. Good luck everyone!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As no one has spoken up in favor of requiring picture proof, that is NO LONGER a requirement. I'll edit the intro post to reflect that appropriately.

Looking forward to everyone's results! Remember, scores are due by Saturday at 9 a.m. Eastern!

Iggy-Sparks  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe it would be nice to send a MP to all participants so they are aware of this. and know the league has started.
Under pressure got some hard parts, but I Will Possess Your Heart was maybe a bit too easy!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: McDuboff
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Rivalries All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 3 of 11

Jump to: