FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Run To The Hills - "Murder for freedom..." Talky (RB1)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thewinnerisgeeg  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:32 am    Post subject: Run To The Hills - "Murder for freedom..." Talky ( Reply with quote

So, how do you hit these? I can't find any solid method. Any help is appreciated.
P.S. I don't want to search through 20+ pages to find a topic about this.

More specifically the last talkie before the first chorus

Last edited by thewinnerisgeeg on Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: geegSH
tidus  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 5:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Run To The Hills Talkies (RB1) Reply with quote

The RttH talkies are relatively simple in comparison to other talkies on that setlist, hence the lack of drastic mentions on all of those threads teaching how to nail the RB1 setlist talkies. Timing is everything in that song.

As for that screaming in the end of the "buildup" (the most troublesome talky in that song IMO - just in case you don't choke there), that talky hardly budges the pie, so you have to be accurate on the pitches before it, including a "mischarted" one, which I really don't remember. Anyway, if you know a bit of the "singing-by-eye" thing, you'll be there.

Good luck!

| 57 RB1 on-disk FC's, plus 4 RB Vox FGFC's. No way I don't feel accomplished! =)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: TidusKamikaze
BowlZ  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the last one is the hard one. singing on pitch helps the entire song IMO. The last talky is easily hit if you just hold the last sung note out and split it with a winding mushy yyyy when the yeah comes. This was always a fav of mine to sing.

''First Ever'' is needlessly redundant and its never acceptable to use more than 3 exclamation points...
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: BowlZ
thewinnerisgeeg  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys, I'm not talking about the "yeah", I'm talking about the "Murder for freedom a stab in the back" And also I can only hit the ""Riding through dust clouds and barren wastes" about half of the time.

im a girl now!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: geegSH
tidus  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just keep chipping away. I personally got myself helped by getting increasingly used to face those RB1 talkies.

In due time, you'll get the hang of the thing. Good timing is enough to hit the RttH talkies, there is one phrase slightly harder, but not as much. Just don't be lazy - make sure you time the pronouncing pretty well. Trying to match the talkies' "immaginary pitch" (not necessarily on original octave, mind you) could help too. Also, low sensibility, zero if possible.

| 57 RB1 on-disk FC's, plus 4 RB Vox FGFC's. No way I don't feel accomplished! =)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: TidusKamikaze
MasterNobody  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know it sounds stupid, but accentuating your syllables excessively, and to some degree trying to sound like the actual singer. Here's an example, you don't want to copy him exactly because this was not an FC run, but this just gives a general idea of what you want to do with the talkies.

Disclaimer: This is an old, OLD, video, and forgive us for all sounding dumb and being horrible at Rock Band.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

phantom's video helped me when I was first starting my vocal setlist. Like what has been said. sing like the guy as you say it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brp0fHxNQ_o

''First Ever'' is needlessly redundant and its never acceptable to use more than 3 exclamation points...
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: BowlZ
xtreme2252  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have to hold the pitches before it at perfect pitch for their full length, then do a raspy whispery voice for the talkies themselves and that should hopefully get you there. It's kind of a roll of the dice though really with the RB1 talkies

*EDIT* I'm dumb. For the normal talkies, as a general rule, I would put sensitivity to 2 and, for the unglitched talkies, do them as I saw fit for the song. Now, it's been a loooong time since I've played RB1, and I'm sure it'd give me all kinds of hell if I ever went back, but I think it went something like "MUR-der for FReedom...a STab in the back!" I've seen a video where the guy just sings each word at a constant speed and it seemed to work, but I don't remember having trouble doing it seemingly "correctly."

Also, general knowledge I picked up from more recent games, calibration is absolutely important, as it would be especially for RB1 talkies.

Last edited by xtreme2252 on Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:04 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Xtreme2252
Icemage  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got in the habit of over-emphasizing consonants for talkies in RB1, but the talkies in RttH (cover) never ever gave me any problems. If your timing is bad, you'll blow talkies left and right regardless of how well you pronounce them. Otherwise, though, the only bad feature of RttH (cover) is the mischarted "ahhh-ahhh-ahhh-yeah".
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: