FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Homecoming rolls on pro?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jamie-the-payne  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:45 am    Post subject: Homecoming rolls on pro? Reply with quote

Why is it charted to yellow cymbal when it is clearly a snare roll?
GH:23/49| GH2:57/74| GH2 DLC:22/24| GH80s:18/30| GH3:59/70| GH3 DLC:14/68| GHA:39/41
Guitar Hero OMB:107/873
GHWT:20/84| GHWT DLC:2/147| GHM:3/49| GHM DLC:0/10| GHGH:9/48| GH5:16/85| GH5 DLC:1/162| GHVH:7/47| BH:7/65| GHWoR:41/93| GHWoR DLC:1/83
Rock Band OMB:500/4300
RB:43/58| RB DLC:127/1135| RB2:37/84| ACDC:6/18| RBN:1/999| TBRB:19/44| TBRB DLC:2/29| LRB:42/45| GDRB:38/44| GDRB DLC:5/6| RB3:56/83| RB3 DLC:50/583| RBC2:0/21 RB3N:16/944| RBB:15/25| RB4:15/65| RB4 DLC:29/125
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: jamiethepayne PSN Name: jamiethepayne Wii Friend Code: 4411131444531013
Tagrineth  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They disco-flipped the section so the notes would be worth less on the Crowd Meter, so people with shit drum kits or just weak endurance could pass the song.

Pro un-questioningly un-disco-flips if you have a yellow cymbal attached, which forces all red notes onto the yellow cymbal and vice-versa.

My goals:
Put an X in this box: []
*loves dragons*
stuff i've done, insanely out of date
Xepher850  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's even more interesting is that you can actually hold a combo on the rolls in pro by rolling at half the speed you're supposed to.

MY ROCK BAND DRUM ACCOMPLISHMENTS
Will not remove from my signature until the whole debut album from Periphery is released as DLC
ShadoWolf  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xepher850 wrote:
What's even more interesting is that you can actually hold a combo on the rolls in pro by rolling at half the speed you're supposed to.
I'd like to see video proof of this.
Look, someone actually had to point out that singing "solo" meant singing alone. This is why we allow people to work registers at McDonald's that can't make change and it makes me want to run my face under a belt sander. For the love of tits, how can you be on the internet in 2012 and not think "maybe I can Google this word I should have learned in first grade before making a thread about it".
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: ShadoWolf2971
MasterNobody  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShadoWolf wrote:
Xepher850 wrote:

^Agreed. What the fuck? If that's really true, we need to get someone with a ION pad or something like that as a yellow cymbal to try to FC the song/section on Pro. That's really strange.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MasterNobody wrote:
ShadoWolf wrote:
Xepher850 wrote:

^Agreed. What the fuck? If that's really true, we need to get someone with a ION pad or something like that as a yellow cymbal to try to FC the song/section on Pro. That's really strange.

I'm uploading a video of this right now. It's not a section FC, but it shows that it is possible.

MY ROCK BAND DRUM ACCOMPLISHMENTS
Will not remove from my signature until the whole debut album from Periphery is released as DLC
Rtsdeathreaper  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's already a video of that glitch

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_LGMW6paD0
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: RTS Deathreaper
Quazifuji  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tagrineth wrote:
They disco-flipped the section so the notes would be worth less on the Crowd Meter, so people with shit drum kits or just weak endurance could pass the song.

Pro un-questioningly un-disco-flips if you have a yellow cymbal attached, which forces all red notes onto the yellow cymbal and vice-versa.

Actually, there's is something they can put in the charts to tell the game not to unflip disco flipped sections for cases like this or Rude Mood, but I'm guessing they start using it until they had the details worked out for pro mode (unlike the tom markers, which they were putting in from the beginning just in case). But this does at least mean we shouldn't end up with things like this in the future.
ShadoWolf  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I just tried this one handed (Left). I got 88%, and I'm a terrible drummer. Someone who is good at using this could easily FC this section. My next question is: Is it "legal"?
Look, someone actually had to point out that singing "solo" meant singing alone. This is why we allow people to work registers at McDonald's that can't make change and it makes me want to run my face under a belt sander. For the love of tits, how can you be on the internet in 2012 and not think "maybe I can Google this word I should have learned in first grade before making a thread about it".
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: ShadoWolf2971
MasterNobody  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow. How the hell does that even happen? And I agree with Shado, would this be considered a legit FC if it was done that way?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i fced this multiple times with one hand using this method haha... it should forsure not count

PuppetMaster9  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally I think it should count as only a Pro FC and NOT an actual FC, only because it's hard to tell if you're inadvertently using the glitch when playing. If it's FCed on Pro, it should count as a Pro FC, BUT it shouldn't be removed from the UnFCed List, due to the Basic Drums chart being significantly more difficult for obvious reasons.

YouTube | Twitch | RB Acc (3/16/17) | GH Acc (9/8/15) | Rock Band 3 OMB FGFC Stats: G:82 / B:83 / D:82 / V: 83 / K:63
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: PuppetMaster9 PSN Name: PuppeteerIX Wii Friend Code: 6319868195290957
Hitoshura  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are there any other fast sections in the Green Day songs charted to cymbals in Pro Drums? Or in any of the DLC pre-RB3 (and roll mechanic)? Maybe it's just a cymbal thing, where the timing mechanic changes for them in Pro Drums in certain situations or something. Come to think of it, when playing Constant Motion on Pro Drums, I was nailing the fast YYBB cymbal part multiple times in a row by double-stroking on my Ion cymbals. But I never ever could double-stroke that part and hold combo on the Ion pads in RB2.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hitoshura wrote:
Are there any other fast sections in the Green Day songs charted to cymbals in Pro Drums? Or in any of the DLC pre-RB3 (and roll mechanic)? Maybe it's just a cymbal thing, where the timing mechanic changes for them in Pro Drums in certain situations or something. Come to think of it, when playing Constant Motion on Pro Drums, I was nailing the fast YYBB cymbal part multiple times in a row by double-stroking on my Ion cymbals. But I never ever could double-stroke that part and hold combo on the Ion pads in RB2.

Quite a few examples actually, though the only one on my mind at the moment is Scream, which isn't un-discoflipped on Pro Drums.

YouTube | Twitch | RB Acc (3/16/17) | GH Acc (9/8/15) | Rock Band 3 OMB FGFC Stats: G:82 / B:83 / D:82 / V: 83 / K:63
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: PuppetMaster9 PSN Name: PuppeteerIX Wii Friend Code: 6319868195290957
angelslayerp  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PuppetMaster9 wrote:
Personally I think it should count as only a Pro FC and NOT an actual FC, only because it's hard to tell if you're inadvertently using the glitch when playing. If it's FCed on Pro, it should count as a Pro FC, BUT it shouldn't be removed from the UnFCed List, due to the Basic Drums chart being significantly more difficult for obvious reasons.

agreed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: