FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
S12: RB3 Full Band - Fraggle Rawk wins!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FurySH  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wait, how did we get eliminated if they didn submit a score?

GuitarHailz  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FurySH wrote:
wait, how did we get eliminated if they didn submit a score?

Yeah, there was definitely a mistake... :| Sent a PM to league manager

1KJ08mq.jpg
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: PMS Hailz PSN Name: Hailey_Ivy
redskinsrock2689  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah i'm kinda confused on the results too.. That whole no score submitted is a lie though , it just wasnt particularly impressive.
www.youtube.com/redskinsrock2689
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Redskinsroc2689 PSN Name: Redskinsrock2689
Iggy-Sparks  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I say that once it is written you can't change it!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: McDuboff
singemfrc  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Genetic Opera definitely did advance, JC will override it if necessary.
Also reported the issue with it saying that redskins didn't submit a score, because that wasn't true either.
JCirri  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fixed. Sorry about that.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"There is never a score with 5 instrument input, which, IMO, is the biggest failure of the game"
If you play on AIM, whatever combo your using, the band leaderboard will show that combo + vocals, even though vocals isn't scored, lol. I heard this from redskin who took a pic of it for me to see.

"We didn't even have vocals activate until the taps"
Yeah, same. This was my path. I didn't want to post it, 'cause I'm not positive it was the best path. But, lol, only song that's not affected by the multiplier glitch.
http://www.freewebs.com/cavehelp/antibodiesantibodiesantibodiesANTIBODIES.png

"So, speaking of which, how did people do Fly Like an Eagle"
My path was keys/bass as well. I'll post it. I think I got the right path in the end, but there are a couple things about it I don't like, so I'm not positive. That multiplier glitch is annoying.
http://cavehelp.webs.com/pathlikear0bd0g.png

And yeah, this whole thing about everybody basically needing to switch around instruments when a keys song comes up is something that I was thinking that having 5-person bands could help avoid...
internetguy87  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We weren't actually happy about our run at all, since we had numerous misses within OD on this run and thought we should've been able to get another 30 or 40k. But in the end seems like we had a better path. I do think I am starting to figure out how to path with these weird glitches:

Fly Like An Eagle

Drums: 0/, 0/, 0/, 1/, 0/
Keys: 1/wd, 2/wd, 2/1st R after BO Sustain, 2/wd
Bass: 1/wd, 2/5th Y, 2/wd, 2/wd
Vocals: 3/sk3-ES, 4/sk4-ASAP

Vocal Squeezing
m15 "Time" [Right after first OD pickup]
m38 "I Want To" [3rd phrase after 3rd OD pickup]
m43 "I Want To" [Very next time it repeats from above]
m70 "I Want To" [After Doo Doo Doo OD Phrase]
m91 "Tick" [3rd Tick Tock Phrase in outro, leave out just word in talkie]

As you can see drums has 5 activations and bass only 4. In the second chorus we actually have drums activate right away, then bass 3 measures later. Then right as bass runs out, drums reactivates. This actually ends up being quite a few more points, having them interchange instead of activating together.

The biggest key however was activating right away in the first verse and not activating into the first chorus... was much better this way compared to any path with activations in the first chorus.

I play my game online
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Yahoo Messenger PSN Name: internetguy87
r0bd0g  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My estimated score is about 40k higher than what you guys got (with no squeezing taken into account), so I'm gonna plug your path into my pathstat and see what score turns up.

The estimated score for my path was: 1642069
The estimated score for your path was: 1641752

I didn't include any squeezing and my math was extremely rough. Yours ends up 1k better (in my pathstat, with no vocal squeezing) if you move the third keys act back one beat to the same place that I put it. It's hard to say, once you factor in more squeezing, which one would end up better in the end.

So, I'm gonna call it a tie.

Last edited by r0bd0g on Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:35 am; edited 4 times in total
Deschain  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

r0bd0g wrote:
And yeah, this whole thing about everybody basically needing to switch around instruments when a keys song comes up is something that I was thinking that having 5-person bands could help avoid...
"Hey, guitarist. You're doing keys now."
"Kay."

Antibodies path. Not perfect execution (I was pretty lazy about it). Lost my Fly Like An Eagle path since it was just for fun, and when we actually do the song it will be G/B/D/V.
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Deschain9 PSN Name: Deschain9
r0bd0g  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd love to take a look at that path, but I'm on dial-up, so uh, it's not happening, lol.

A lot of guitarists don't even own keyboards... Fly Like an Eagle, it's a huge deal if you don't have a keyboard.

Are you doing GBDV because you think it's worth more points or because that's the combination you want to do? G/B had some of the best measures possible when used together, but the 30k base score loss and MOUNTAIN of whammy I don't think could make G/B remotely worth it.
Deschain  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

r0bd0g wrote:
I'd love to take a look at that path, but I'm on dial-up, so uh, it's not happening, lol.
Our drum paths are the same, I can see that offhand.

r0bd0g wrote:

A lot of guitarists don't even own keyboards... Fly Like an Eagle, it's a huge deal if you don't have a keyboard.
I guess I was trying to point out that it's not hard to include keys, but as you say, you're not gettin' the full points if you're keytarring it. If you're lacking a keyboard, oh well, that's the luck of the draw right now.

r0bd0g wrote:

Are you doing GBDV because you think it's worth more points or because that's the combination you want to do?

It's what we want to do. I just realized that I never even thought of pathing with full keys, just keytar, because I knew I'd never even bother trying. The reason behind that is when the SH leaderboards go up (SOONTM) and leagues are over, we're doing the standard setup, and anything involving keys will be an ancillary goal.
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Deschain9 PSN Name: Deschain9
Kawigi  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bohemian Rhapsody, eh? Now all I have to do is get everything important off my dying computer...
Organizer, Vocalist and path factory for Season 9 League Champion band Barre Exam (RB1) and cofounder of Season 10 League Champion band Better Than You --v (RB2) - The #1 band on scorehero
Kawigi's Rock Band Projects
Drum Paths | Star Cutoffs | Scoring Data for Pathing | Notes and Lyrics for Vocalists
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Kawigi
Confury  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's on.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
blingdomepiece  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be curious what the path was for Humanoid. We had a FBFC minus one note, and came up 12k short (and 19K short of the overall #1). Anyone want to share?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 11 of 12

Jump to: