FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
S12: RB3 Guitar - BrianBAM19 & RLKDragon Win!
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
singemfrc  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:45 am    Post subject: S12: RB3 Guitar - BrianBAM19 & RLKDragon Win! Reply with quote

Welcome to Season 12 of Scorehero Leagues!

This thread is for discussion of the Rock Band 3 Guitar League (open difficulty).

I, singemfrc, will be running this league.

Week 1 Songs

China Grove
Cold As Ice
Fly Like An Eagle
Misery Business

All songs must be submitted Saturday Night by 11:59 PM Eastern (8:59PM Pacific). There is no way for us to add scores. If you miss the deadline there is no way for your scores to be counted. If you typo your score, we can only fix it if you include picture proof, so including it even when you don't have to is a good idea!

When submitting your scores, the following are now REQUIRED:
-Score
-Note Streak
-%
Failure to submit each of those field will result in a disqualified score!

Picture proof is optional during the regular season and required for playoffs. Proof is, however, encouraged at all levels of competition so that we can verify your scores easily and you can be sure to have them counted.

DO NOT SUBMIT YOUR SCORES VIA PM!
We will be using http://www.scorehero.com/leagues for score submissions.

Where will results be posted? Results will be posted at http://www.scorehero.com/leagues. We will no longer be having result threads.

When will results be posted?
Results will be posted at 11:59 PM EST every Sunday night. This is 24 hours after the deadline. The first week, it may take a few extra days because of leagues needing to be split into divisions. Please be patient.

Playoffs

Playoffs will consist of around half the active participants in each league. In order to be placed into playoffs, you MUST submit scores for Week 4, or if for some reason you are unable to submit you must notify your commissioner before the week 4 deadline. If you are unable to supply proof during playoffs please let your commissioner know so that your playoff slot can be given to another player.

Drop-Outs
Your actions affect other people, and not only do large numbers of dropouts make the leagues less fun for the people participating, but large numbers of dropouts encourage us to either wait long periods of time to run additional seasons or to choose not to run any more at all. Stick it out and you are helping to make it worth the time that goes into organizing it and are helping ensure that we do these again.

That said, we traditionally remove participants who do not submit scores for week 1. If you are going to miss week 1 but intend to submit other weeks, PM me so I know not to drop you.

Forum Conduct
For returning players, we will be running the same rules in the forum as seasons 9, 10, and 11. For those of you who are new, we allow and encourage open discussion of songs. You can talk about the songs, ask for help, post about how you hate the song..whatever.

What you are NOT allowed to post, is hints on your scores. Do not post your current score, do not post a hint about your scores, do not even post if you full combo'd a song or got a specific percentage. Talk of this nature only serves to either fuel your competition, or discourage others. Everybody will know what everybody else got at the end of the week.

We also ask that you do not post league-obtained scores on SH for the week. If you do, it is all too easy for your competition to just look it up.

Last edited by singemfrc on Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:58 am; edited 1 time in total
RLKDragon  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some nice songs to start out the league.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: RLKDragon
cdylan13  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cold as Ice shiiit gonna have to practice that solo. Others should come down to charts for me.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: cdylanSH
ShadoWolf  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck, everyone! I've only played Cold as Ice from that list so far, but hopefully I should do well on the others.
Look, someone actually had to point out that singing "solo" meant singing alone. This is why we allow people to work registers at McDonald's that can't make change and it makes me want to run my face under a belt sander. For the love of tits, how can you be on the internet in 2012 and not think "maybe I can Google this word I should have learned in first grade before making a thread about it".
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: ShadoWolf2971
Vigarde  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome first picks! Let the broken trills be defeated! Need to path misery business one of my favorite songs in the game!

[22:59:02] Vigarde: ARE U BRAINDEAD?
[22:59:03] Tyler (W0Wzer333): yes
dragoninforcer  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

already 5* the RB3 disk, but im terrible at paths. Cold As Ice was a nice pick though
GregoryZero  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Signed up, but I'm not in the League :| Good luck to everyone else, I guess.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cold as Ice solo FFFUUUUU! I hit it in practice mode pretty regularly, but keep screwing up when trying to do an actual run.

Goals:
Gold Star the main RB3 setlist [] (54/82)
That's gonna take a while... ><
anonymous_25  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This post has been deleted.
lsapg09  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DeftrockX3 wrote:
I may be alone on this (or not), but Fly Like an Eagle guitar has an awful chart. It is so infuriating sometimes

Agreed
and I'm awful at it too :O

<--------------- ON RB2. YEAH I'M THAT AWESOME
http://www.youtube.com/user/lsapg09
http://www.twitch.tv/andpeegee
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: andpg
IWillKickU  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So... does someone want to shed some light on what it takes to hit those trills in the solo of Cold as Ice? I can't ever, EVER, hit them. What is going on here?

Also, I'm glad that Fly like an Eagle was picked. I really hate this chart, and getting it in league play is the only way that I'll ever have the motivation to get a decent score on it.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: IWi11KickU
r0bd0g  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not in this league, but one thing I'll say that I think everybody knows at this point is that, if you let go of the lower fret, it registers as a miss. Another thing, if there's a hopo after a trill, it's usually safest to strum it.

One thing I noticed that I don't know if other people have is, the first note of the lower of the two notes in the trill, you should hit that early. If the trill starts on the lower note, just hopo it (if applicable) or give it strum slightly earlier than usual (but still within the note window, of course). If the trill starts on the higher note, just do the first pull-off faster than usual.

My theory is that it has something to do with how the game wants you to trill it, but the first note, it hasn't yet noticed that you've got the first note held down properly? So by hitting it early, you get the note before the trill lane actually starts, so that it can't register you as having pushed the lower fret down during the trill lane? IDK, but it's working for me.

Yeah, just hit the first couple notes early.
zuqu  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tap the first one (elbow strum) and one hand the 2nd and 3rd.

___ ___
1111111 ___ 12121 ___ 121212121212121212

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DeftrockX3 wrote:
I may be alone on this (or not), but Fly Like an Eagle guitar has an awful chart. It is so infuriating sometimes

Good thing we are getting this done now. It certainly ain't zero tier. I want to slap whoever suggested that at Harmonix.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: RLKDragon
LethalFishEater  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fucking hell, Fly Like an Eagle, go away.
>tfw you will never have as many posts as bjw ;_;
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: FoshOtter
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 1 of 9

Jump to: