FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
S12: RB3 Co-Op Roulette - ccmoose/boss1592 win!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 12, 13, 14  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
11yearoldkid  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blingdomepiece wrote:
You can put in your own percentage and streak; we'll have the proof attached anyway so it doesn't matter which one you use.

So does this mean it's required like "You, yourself, can put in your own percentage and streak" or "You can put in your own percentage and streak, if you want"

TEN THOUSANNNNNNND!
My life.
blingdomepiece  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

11yearoldkid wrote:
blingdomepiece wrote:
You can put in your own percentage and streak; we'll have the proof attached anyway so it doesn't matter which one you use.

So does this mean it's required like "You, yourself, can put in your own percentage and streak" or "You can put in your own percentage and streak, if you want"

Put in either your streak and percentage, or your partner's, but we don't care which one you submit because we have proof to look at in this league anyway.
Nielske  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad that it's open difficulty(it is open, right?), cause I'm the designated drummer, but there's no way I'm gonna pass No One Knows on expert drums, that solo kills me everytime. <_<

Good thing that there are 41 teams, cause then we still got a chance to not end up dead last.
uSound  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think my brother and I had a pretty good path for these songs! I'm really happy with the results. It's not everyday that you can jam with your siblings.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: uSound PSN Name: uSoundSH
blingdomepiece  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nielske wrote:
I'm glad that it's open difficulty(it is open, right?), cause I'm the designated drummer, but there's no way I'm gonna pass No One Knows on expert drums, that solo kills me everytime. <_<

Open difficulty. I apologize for not entering so I could finish behind you ;).
davyinatoga  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone else feel useless after singing NOK? Unless you hoard OD for yourself instead of the drummer, activations seem to come at the most inconvenient times.

I'm also curious, when doing a song with Vocals+_______, is it usually better to stay close to the Vocal OD path or not? Theoretically Vocals gets the most out of group OD on average, unless the guitar has crazy 3-chord alt-strums. But when the phrases come once every four measures... it feels like you get almost no bang for your buck.

Unless it's Vox+Bass. Then there's nothing to be done.

EXPERT Jack-of-all-trades.
11yearoldkid  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

uSound wrote:
I think my brother and I had a pretty good path for these songs! I'm really happy with the results. It's not everyday that you can jam with your siblings.

Lucky.

davyinatoga wrote:
Anyone else feel useless after singing NOK? Unless you hoard OD for yourself instead of the drummer, activations seem to come at the most inconvenient times.

For NOK, I found that stacking up on the vocal Overdrives helps alot. I'm trying not to give out my path lol, just trying to help and be vague.

TEN THOUSANNNNNNND!
My life.
internetguy87  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

davyinatoga wrote:

I'm also curious, when doing a song with Vocals+_______, is it usually better to stay close to the Vocal OD path or not? Theoretically Vocals gets the most out of group OD on average, unless the guitar has crazy 3-chord alt-strums. But when the phrases come once every four measures... it feels like you get almost no bang for your buck.

Unless it's Vox+Bass. Then there's nothing to be done.

There is absolutely no general case on whether you follow vocals path or not sadly. Sometimes the paths are identical, sometimes NOWHERE close. Sometimes you even do things you would NEVER do in solo, such as wait until something like 5/sk2 to activate.

There is just not a good general case answer.

I play my game online
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Yahoo Messenger PSN Name: internetguy87
GanonMetroid  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I came up with what I like to think is a pretty solid path for NOK. Not saying anything besides that.

Also, had no idea proof qas required here. Glad I checked the thread. Glad I took pictures just in case.

Videos. Guitar Hero accomplishments. Rock Band accomplishments. GH customs.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: vVv Ganon PSN Name: PanOfMopsicle ICQ Number
FurySH  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GanonMetroid wrote:
I came up with what I like to think is a pretty solid path for NOK. Not saying anything besides that.

Also, had no idea proof qas required here. Glad I checked the thread. Glad I took pictures just in case.

I also think that we had a decent path. but even then, it was still pretty hard to coordinate OD

bushidox  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very excited to join a league with my wife for the first time. We are not the most competitive of players, but we have a good time. The one combination that we were dreading happened the first week, so we might not have such a great showing this week. She plays vocals and keyboard on expert. I play bass on expert and some guitar on expert. I cannot play drums, at all, and I can at best fake vocals. Her weakest instrument by far is drums, followed closely by guitar. So, what do we get this week but a very challenging drum song that requires singing too. We will be submitting only on hard for both parts on that song to be sure.

That being said, I have a couple of quick questions. First, if a group gets really stuck on a particular song for a given difficulty, can you submit non expert scores? I assume that is fine, it just means we will be lower on the overall rankings. Second, and very important, are you allowed to play with no fail on? I assume that if you are needing no fail, once again your scores will be lower than the top players, but I am confirming first before we attempt expert charts we have no business playing. Third, when you require proof of scores, do you have a preferred site or format? We have a photobucket and flicker accounts, and have the ability to upload anything from a trimmed down .png all the way up to an unedited .tiff. I would like to know if there are restrictions or preferences for score proofs.

Beyond all that, I wish everyone the best of luck. We will definetely not be competing for the top spot, but we will try to have a good time and remain competitive. Being able to compete with one's significant other certainly makes things more enjoyable. Thanks in advance for the answers.
The Unofficial Score Hero GH Guitar leaderboard for X/H/M/E: http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1638203#1638203
The Unofficial Score Hero RB Guitar leaderboard for X/H/M/E: http://rockband.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=703852#703852
The Unofficial Score Hero Bass GH leaderboard for X/H/M/E: http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=107740
The Unofficial Score Hero Bass RB leaderboard for X/H/M/E: http://rockband.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=703842#703842
The Unofficial Cross Platform FGFC leaderboard for X/H/M/E: http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=108548
blingdomepiece  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bushidox wrote:
That being said, I have a couple of quick questions. First, if a group gets really stuck on a particular song for a given difficulty, can you submit non expert scores? I assume that is fine, it just means we will be lower on the overall rankings. Second, and very important, are you allowed to play with no fail on? I assume that if you are needing no fail, once again your scores will be lower than the top players, but I am confirming first before we attempt expert charts we have no business playing. Third, when you require proof of scores, do you have a preferred site or format? We have a photobucket and flicker accounts, and have the ability to upload anything from a trimmed down .png all the way up to an unedited .tiff. I would like to know if there are restrictions or preferences for score proofs.

You can play on whatever difficulty you want, and no-fail is allowed for RB3 leagues. For proof, any site you want to use is fine. The image size isn't important but it should be possible to read the streak etc... in the past we've gotten some pretty indecipherable images . Good luck!
BowlZ  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think either one of these paths were a thing of rocket science. There might be a small tweak here or there that sneaks in some more points but especially on D/V there isn't a whole lot of options. Comes down to not F'ing up NOK on drums

''First Ever'' is needlessly redundant and its never acceptable to use more than 3 exclamation points...
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: BowlZ
FurySH  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BowlZ wrote:
I don't think either one of these paths were a thing of rocket science. There might be a small tweak here or there that sneaks in some more points but especially on D/V there isn't a whole lot of options. Comes down to not F'ing up NOK on drums

pretty much this, hitting the drum solo is a big help

Nielske  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We got our scores in for this week and they aren't even as bad as I had imagined they would be.

Fairly happy with Need You Tonight score, probably the best we can manage with my drumming skills.

NoK is definitly our worst score. At first I tried playing it on hard, but the main part of the song was so awkard to hit on hard, that I actually got a higher score on expert with no fail on. I might even be able to pass the song, if the game mechanics allowed you to use overdrive during drum solo's.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 2 of 14

Jump to: