FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
S12: RB3 Vocals League - Champion: SuperJerry
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
IndestructibleSD  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:29 am    Post subject: S12: RB3 Vocals League - Champion: SuperJerry Reply with quote

Welcome to Season 12 of Scorehero Leagues!

This thread is for discussion of the Rock Band 3 Vocals League (open difficulty).

IndestructibleSD, will be running this league. (Thread ownership will be transfered to him later.)

Week 1 Songs
Dont Bury Me... I'm Still Not Dead
Living In America
Portions For Foxes
Yoshimi Battles The Pink Robots, Pt. 1

All songs must be submitted Saturday Night by 11:59 PM Eastern (8:59PM Pacific). There is no way for us to add or edit scores. If you miss the deadline there is no way for your scores to be counted. If you typo your score, there is no way for us to fix it. Please be careful.

When submitting your scores, the following are now REQUIRED:
-Score
-Note Streak
-%
Failure to submit each of those field will result in a disqualified score!

Picture proof is optional during the regular season and required for playoffs. Proof is, however, encouraged at all levels of competition so that we can verify your scores easily and you can be sure to have them counted.

DO NOT SUBMIT YOUR SCORES VIA PM!
We will be using http://www.scorehero.com/leagues for score submissions.

Where will results be posted? Results will be posted at http://www.scorehero.com/leagues. We will no longer be having result threads.

When will results be posted?
Results will be posted at 11:59 PM EST every Sunday night. This is 24 hours after the deadline. The first week, it may take a few extra days because of leagues needing to be split into divisions. Please be patient.

Playoffs

Playoffs will consist of around half the active participants in each league. In order to be placed into playoffs, you MUST submit scores for Week 4, or if for some reason you are unable to submit you must notify your commissioner before the week 4 deadline. If you are unable to supply proof during playoffs please let your commissioner know so that your playoff slot can be given to another player.

Drop-Outs
Your actions affect other people, and not only do large numbers of dropouts make the leagues less fun for the people participating, but large numbers of dropouts encourage us to either wait long periods of time to run additional seasons or to choose not to run any more at all. Stick it out and you are helping to make it worth the time that goes into organizing it and are helping ensure that we do these again.

That said, we traditionally remove participants who do not submit scores for week 1. If you are going to miss week 1 but intend to submit other weeks, PM me so I know not to drop you.

Forum Conduct
For returning players, we will be running the same rules in the forum as seasons 9, 10, and 11. For those of you who are new, we allow and encourage open discussion of songs. You can talk about the songs, ask for help, post about how you hate the song..whatever.

What you are NOT allowed to post, is hints on your scores. Do not post your current score, do not post a hint about your scores, do not even post if you full combo'd a song or got a specific percentage. Talk of this nature only serves to either fuel your competition, or discourage others. Everybody will know what everybody else got at the end of the week.

We also ask that you do not post league-obtained scores on SH for the week. If you do, it is all too easy for your competition to just look it up.

Last edited by IndestructibleSD on Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: dbforthree
thecaptainof  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two songs I know very well, two that I don't. Portions For Foxes is perhaps my favourite song in the whole game but it's one of those awkward ones that's too high to sing comfortably but not quite high enough to warrant falsetto all the way through.

Sort of interested to see who else is getting involved in this league... it'd be useful to know if I'm gonna be the only one who doesn't already have a full game FC or something :P (EDIT: durrrr, just realised the full roster is on the league page... a lot of names I don't know, so I guess we'll find out how tough the competition is when results are posted.)

yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
Wow Mr. Mad, who fucked your buffalo?
MasterNobody  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, very surprised by the sign-up list. Lots of names I don't know, and I think I'm actually the highest ranked in terms of RB3 vocals, and I'm barely even in the top 10. =/ Well, hopefully there will still be some stiff competition, I know the quiet nature of vocalists, I wouldn't be surprised at all if one of these names I haven't heard before comes storming in and dominates the competition.
I'm not too familiar with RB3 squeezing yet, but I'm certainly working at it. It will be a learning experience for me as well. As far as the songs this week, looks like we'll be getting some good ES practice, which I suck at. Don't Bury Me and Living In America are both very tough to squeeze. And Yoshimi is kind of annoying too. This should be a very interesting week, good luck to everyone! I'll try not to beat ya'll up too bad ;)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Luck to everyone and have fun

Iggy-Sparks  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I regret I didn't join this league, I thought I wouldn't have time for this, but now I've got lot of time...
I guess there is no way to join now
Shame.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: McDuboff
OdiusMortem  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uhg Yoshimi... Dumb song.

I just realised I'm sightreading all of these cept Yoshimi should be fun.
  3. Get Moar DLC: [ ] >.>

MasterNobody  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aww Iggy, yeah that's too bad, we would have loved to have you.

Is anyone else getting extremely frustrated with umm...ALL the songs this week? There seems to be a max out point, but then the top scores are all between 1 and 3.5K higher than that point, and I have no fucking clue how to get up in that higher range. RB3 engine = rawr.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EDIT: Sorry, but I'm gonna have to pull out. On the rare moments I'm finding to get a vocal run in (that is, when nobody else is within earshot), it hurts my throat too much to do more than one song... guess I've got out of the habit of singing these past few months. Good luck to everyone else.

yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
Wow Mr. Mad, who fucked your buffalo?
OdiusMortem  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shame ... I hope others don't drop out though and we get a decent turnout.
  3. Get Moar DLC: [ ] >.>

SuperJerry  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yoshimi and Dont Bury Me easily most frustrating songs lol. Other songs were surprisingly easy for me lol.
MasterNobody  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well...if the in-game leaderboards are any kind of good indicator, it looks like SuperJerry has gotten first and I've gotten 2nd on all four songs. Snoozbie looks like he's got some 3rds. What's that saying, always the bridesmaid never the bride? Seems like I'm continuing a great tradition of 2nd place xP

Major congrats to Jerry on those crazy scores, good squeezers always seem to come out of nowhere...great job man.

Good luck to everyone next week, these songs look much more squeezy and much less ES-y than last week, which makes me a happy camper at least.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MasterNobody wrote:
Snoozbie looks like she's got some 3rds.

Fixed that for you. lol. She's my band's vocalist.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: uSound PSN Name: uSoundSH
bclare  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MasterNobody wrote:
What's that saying, always the bridesmaid never the bride?

If it's any consolation, aquamarine is a very flattering color on you.
SuperJerry  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ty Master. I haven't FC'd all the songs on vocals yet on RB3 but around 50th on RB2 and 7th on Beatles for vocals. Next week I think will be easier songs plus more enjoyable lol. The last 4 we did I never heard any of the songs until I actually played them on Rock Band lol. But congrats to all and good luck to everyone in week 2! I'm not sure on what our scores are yet but who knows maybe on the PS3 someone is pwnin it up and we'll all be shocked at the scores
SuperJerry  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And also, did anyone else go insane like I did trying to squeeze the first activation in Dont Bury Me? I finally got a high score after trying for 3 days and cracked the 142,xxx mark and at the end of the song pulled a Johnny Drama from Entourage and yelled "VICTORY" hahaha
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: