FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
RB3 Expert Drums FC Breakdown [Suggestions welcome!]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BeastinIsMyGame  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suppose Before I Forget is harder for most people. And I also figure I'm just autistic at Radar Love's drum solo, as i I -1 it every f-ing time. So the the list SHOULD look like

78:Roundabout
79:Radar Love
80:Llama
81:Caught in a Mosh
82:Before I Forget
83:Beast and the Harlot

There, that looks much better. And no, Llama is NOT harder than CiaM.
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: BeastinIsMyGame PSN Name: smarock
PuppetMaster9  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BeastinIsMyGame wrote:
I suppose Before I Forget is harder for most people. And I also figure I'm just autistic at Radar Love's drum solo, as i I -1 it every f-ing time. So the the list SHOULD look like

78:Roundabout
79:Radar Love
80:Llama
81:Caught in a Mosh
82:Before I Forget
83:Beast and the Harlot

There, that looks much better. And no, Llama is NOT harder than CiaM.

Now this is a list I can somewhat agree with. I think "Llama" and "Caught in a Mosh" can go either way (I'm pretty consistent with both, so I don't gravitate towards either one), but it looks serviceable and realistic enough.

YouTube | Twitch | RB Acc (3/16/17) | GH Acc (9/8/15) | Rock Band 3 OMB FGFC Stats: G:82 / B:83 / D:82 / V: 83 / K:63
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: PuppetMaster9 PSN Name: PuppeteerIX Wii Friend Code: 6319868195290957
BeastinIsMyGame  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems like the biggest area for debate would be between Caught in Mosh, Llama, and Before I Forget (now that I realize thinking Radar Love was second hardest was borderline retarded).
Ii it were up to ME, the list would go

80: Before I Forget
81: Llama
82: Caught in a Mosh

HOWEVER, I would have no problem with the list going in the opposite direction (Caught in a Mosh easiest, Before I Forget hardest). These three are SO subjective to the drummer's strengths and weaknesses. For example, I have almost no trouble with doubles kicks (as far as Before I Forget is concerned) and I find the fills relatively simple. My biggest problem section-wise on-disc (aside from BatH of course) is CiaM's roll lane. I just could not figure it out for the longest time. As far as I see it, a case can be made for these three in any order, that's just mine, and most players' would probably be reversed.
As a side note, I would enjoy an update of the OP at least swapping Radar Love and CiaM
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: BeastinIsMyGame PSN Name: smarock
Grand-master  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't played these songs in a while, but this is what I would place them:

78: Roundabout
79: Radar Love
80: Caught in a Mosh
81: Llama
82: Before I Forget
83: Beast and the Harlot

Roundabout is no doubt the easiest for me out of these 6; the only reason I never bothered to FC it yet is because well, when I started getting back into drums again and I started grinding for this, I had a few misses on the stupid yellow roll under the roll mechanic :@

Radar Love, I honestly don't remember doing that great on that song the last time I played it a year ago or so, the drum solo isn't exactly easy from what I remember, and the outro was just a huge WTF moment for me. Nowadays, after watching it on youtube and somewhat memorizing the beat, I think I could pull this off easier than the other 4 though.

Caught in a Mosh would be one of the hard ones for me, but I can see it happening for me before Llama or the other two. I hit the intro solo off of sheer luck once last year, and the only other hard part is the roll, and even with one pedal I don't think it would be a huge hassle for me to hit, at least in comparison to Llama.

Llama is the last song I PASSED in the game, I tried for it for a long time, took a 6 or 7 month break, came back to it, and 5-starred it XD. This song I can tell however, will be a consistanty nightmare, if I ever decide to grind for it. The beat will take ages to learn and hitting all of those rolls under the mechanic that far into the song is just cruel to me lol.

Before I Forget, is an even BIGGER consistanty nightmare. I already have enough problems with the double kicks as it is, let along the actual FILLS in the song lmao. I played this the day my pedal broke and lets just say, I don't expect to hit those fills anytime soon, not with 1 pedal at least, and even under the RB engine, i think it would still be difficult even using 2 pedals.

Beast and the Harlot, honestly, isn't that hard of a song, outside of the drum solo. The drum solo alone is enough to give it top rank, my best on it is 93%, and I doubt I'll ever FC the solo. The damn timing is just so hard to get down. Also, the missable lanes in the intro and outro say HI. :/

Just thought I'd put in my two cents
kingyami3  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like your list Grand-Master. Far better than Beast's. Although I feel that CiaM and Radar Love are interchangeable and Llama and BIF I would probably switch around. Just in my opinion, I will FC CiaM long before I get Radar Love's outro down. I'm also far better at the fills and kicks in BIF than I am at Llama as a whole.

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Kingyami3SH
BeastinIsMyGame  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why does everyone seem to think that CiaM isn't as difficult as Llama or Before I Forget? There has to be someone out there who feels the same way I do. As I said before, I have no qualms with the list going in favor of popular opinion, (CiaM the easiest) as the list should reflect how the majority of the community feels.
But despite what kingyami thinks, no way in hell are Radar Love and CiaM interchangeable. I'm sorry, but there is just no way. I think the bulk of the community would agree with me on this one (hopefully).
Grand-master  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BeastinIsMyGame wrote:
Why does everyone seem to think that CiaM isn't as difficult as Llama or Before I Forget? There has to be someone out there who feels the same way I do. As I said before, I have no qualms with the list going in favor of popular opinion, (CiaM the easiest) as the list should reflect how the majority of the community feels.
But despite what kingyami thinks, no way in hell are Radar Love and CiaM interchangeable. I'm sorry, but there is just no way. I think the bulk of the community would agree with me on this one (hopefully).

Replying to this post a few months later ftw
After playing drums for about a week again (around the start of 2013) and playing through my personal opinion on the top 6, I find CiaM and Radar Love can be interchangeable, based on the persons skill set. It's hard to place one harder than the other, with Radar Love's messed up drum solo and WTF outro, compared to the energy-draining CiaM, with fast intro rolls and a fast roll under the mechanic.

Personally, I do find Radar Love easier for me. Not going to brag or anything, but my FC of Radar Love, took a combined total of 2-3 hours, after coming home from my Christmas Break (with a new pedal).
Granted, I did study the outro for the longest time and I managed to get VERY consistent once I figured out one transition, and I FC'd it the first time past the DRUM SOLO... so I def got lucky, but I still find it easier than CiaM.

But yeah, still interchangeable.
Nubnut  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to say, looking back at your previous post Grand-Master, that list you posted above is the one I'd say I perfectly agree with.

In my mind, CiaM is clearly harder than Radar Love, but not harder than Llama.
"THERE IS A DREAM I AM LIVING
THERE IS A LIFE I AM DREAMING OF"
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Gavesit
BeastinIsMyGame  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nubnut wrote:
I have to say, looking back at your previous post Grand-Master, that list you posted above is the one I'd say I perfectly agree with.

I concur, save the fact that I find BiF easier than Llama. My opinion on this setlist has changed due to my inability to FC Llama after countless hours of grinding. It is way too easy to miss in any given part of Llama, while BiF is just quads, get over it. I'd move BiF right above (easier) CiaM, but that's just me. Other than that Grand-Master is dead on with that list.
PuppetMaster9  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BeastinIsMyGame wrote:
Nubnut wrote:

I concur, save the fact that I find BiF easier than Llama. My opinion on this setlist has changed due to my inability to FC Llama after countless hours of grinding. It is way too easy to miss in any given part of Llama, while BiF is just quads, get over it. I'd move BiF right above (easier) CiaM, but that's just me. Other than that Grand-Master is dead on with that list.

They may just be quads, but they're the fastest quads in the series and they get significantly faster as the song progresses. I agree that "Llama" can be hard to concentrate on, but developing the focus required for it makes it a perfectly feasible FC (I even FCed the song on my first try in months when participating in a tournament a while back). While it's easy to miss on any given part, it's not particularly difficult to hit any part either. In contrast, "Before I Forget" isn't as constant with its difficulty, but it contains possibly the hardest fills in the game's setlist outside of "Beast and the Harlot" (especially if you have only one pedal to work with), developing in a field of difficulty entirely separate and, in many cases, more taxing than "Llama"'s.

Bottom line, "Llama" is a focus nightmare while "Before I Forget" is a consistency nightmare, both of which being due to speed. (Giving my personal opinion, I'd say the raw difficulty of sections outweighs the collective difficulty of the song, so as somebody that has FCed both songs, I wholeheartedly say "Before I Forget" is the harder FC, and by a huge margin at that)

YouTube | Twitch | RB Acc (3/16/17) | GH Acc (9/8/15) | Rock Band 3 OMB FGFC Stats: G:82 / B:83 / D:82 / V: 83 / K:63
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: PuppetMaster9 PSN Name: PuppeteerIX Wii Friend Code: 6319868195290957
Yusuke  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally I find BiF easier than Llama, but I've never played BiF with only one pedal, and can definitely understand how hard those fills would be without a second pedal.

It's a tough call, but there's definitely a certain level of stamina for Llama that isn't there for BiF. There's arguably no breaks in Llama at all.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: