FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
RB3 Expert Drums FC Breakdown [Suggestions welcome!]
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Xepher850  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:58 pm    Post subject: RB3 Expert Drums FC Breakdown [Suggestions welcome!] Reply with quote

Didn't seem like anyone was gonna make one, so why not? Here we go. List is subject to change at any time. I'll be adding descriptions as this thing goes along. Feel free to suggest things that should be moved up, down, whatevs.

1. Imagine
2. I Love Rock N Roll
3. The Hardest Button to Button
4. Centerfold
5. This Bastard's Life
6. Du Hast
7. Don't Stand So Close to Me
8. Last Dance
9. I Need to Know
10. Walking on the Sun
11. Stop Me If You Think You've Heard this One Before
12. Plush
13. Bohemian Rhapsody
14. Good Vibrations [Live]
15. Outer Space
16. Just Like Heaven
17. I Wanna Be Sedated
18. The Power of Love
19. Sister Christian
20. Werewolves of London
21. Walk of Life
22. China Grove
23. Humanoid
24. Killing Loneliness
25. Living in America
26. The Beautiful People
27. Midlife Crisis
28. Hey Man, Nice Shot
29. Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots, Pt. 1
30. The Con
31. 20th Century Boy
32. Space Oddity
33. Here I Go Again
34. Get Free
35. Been Caught Stealing
36. Saturday Night's Alright [For Fighting]
37. Get Up, Stand Up
38. Something Bigger, Something Brighter
39. Rock Lobster
40. In A Big Country
41. King George
42. Rehab
43. Lasso
44. Don't Bury Me.... I'm Still Not Dead
45. Me Enamora
46. Crosstown Traffic
47. Portions for Foxes
48. Need You Tonight
49. Foolin'
50. Break on Through [To The Other Side]
51. Low Rider
52. In The Meantime
53. Heart of Glass
54. Everybody Wants to Rule the World
55. The Look
56. Oh My God
57. Dead End Friends
58. One Armed Scissor
59. Rainbow in the Dark
60. Free Bird
61. Whip It
62. Combat Baby
63. Antibodies
64. I Got You [I Feel Good]

65. The Killing Moon
The problem in this song lies in it's long disco beats. They're not the fastest, or the most challenging, but your hands go back and forth from red to yellow rather frequently and the last one goes on for several minutes. This can make choking a rather large issue.

66. False Alarm
67. Misery Business
68. Oye Mi Amor

69. Cold As Ice
This song is another that appears to be extremely simple on the surface, but has several parts that can break your combo before you even blink. The song makes use of the new roll mechanic twice with 2 very fast yellow rolls you need to avoid breaking combo on. After that, there are two very challenging fills that require quick hand motions and precise timing. One of them ends the song too, so that certainly doesn't make it any easier.

70. Jerry Was A Race Car Driver
This song is all about the bass pedal. There's not a whole lot going on with your hands in this one, but the amount of bass more than makes up for that. There are a ton of double kicks to worry about and fast bass bursts that can be up to 4 notes long. You'll need to be warmed up to snag this FC.

71. Viva La Resistance

72. Crazy Train
This song can be a challenge to FC for a lot of people. The whole song revolves around disco beats, which contain the occasional fill that requires a semi ridiculous crossover. But that's not really the problem. The problem lies in the bridge and the outro. These sections contain some quick little tom and bass fills that go BYGO. It's very easy to be a split second off time on these fills and miss a note, and these fills occur around 16 times total. To hit all of them may require patience and practice.

73. 25 or 6 to 4
This cool, long jazzy tune can definitely do a number on your foot. From start to finish, this song is pretty much nonstop bass notes, with the exception of the choruses. There are several rolls and fills scattered across this fast bass, including one that requires you to either cross your left hand over to blue or do some quick double sticking with your left hand. If you manage to get past that, there's still the outro: it uses the new roll mechanic, and it's challenging trying to avoid breaking combo at the end of it. Hats off to anyone that can get through this with an FC intact.

74. Fly Like an Eagle
This FC can be INCREDIBLY challenging if you don't have good limb dependence. Although the whole song sort of revolves around one general beat, it switches itself up so much, adds left hand doubles, and can drain your stamina pretty fast. You will need to concentrate, you will need to be patient, or you need to get really lucky. It's also a fairly long tune, making choking an even bigger possibility. Try not to choke in the last 3 notes like I did.

75. I Can See For Miles
This song's long, bass covered, tempo changing rolls are the hard part. There's not too much else to see in the song, with everything being at a pretty manageable speed, but these rolls can throw off your FC in a second.

76. No One Knows
This song appears to be barely even a challenge to any experienced drummer at first.... until the choruses. Each of these contain one long, annoying herta fill that goes back and forth between red and yellow before finishing off with blue. The timing on these is incredibly hard to get down. Just when you think you're in the clear, you're forced into a very challenging drum solo filled with crossovers, slow triplet rolls, and of course, ends with another fast herta fill! Good luck.

77. Smoke on the Water
This very long and challenging song is one of the hardest songs in this game, without a doubt. With it's long disco beats and fast bass, you'll need to keep your timing together to make it through. Of course, this isn't even counting the countless tricky fills with unintuitive sticking littered across the song, and the incredibly chokeable outro that forces you to cross over like a madman to even survive. Have fun!

78. Roundabout
Upon first inspection, you'll wonder why this song is placed so high on the list. When you get to the bridge, you'll discover exactly why that is. A fast ride and snare polyrhythm littered with tricky red rolls will come out of nowhere and destroy your combo in a second. Have fun with the fast and incredibly irritating yellow roll under the new roll mechanic at the end of that, and there's still one more tricky fill you need to avoid choking.

79. Caught in a Mosh
All I can say about this song is that it's INTENSE. Your arm will need massive amounts of stamina to keep up with this beast, with its long and challenging thrash beats, and that's not even considering the fast and tricky red roll and the quick drum solo at the beginning of the song. You need to be 15 types of precise to get this beast.

80. Radar Love
This long song is simply filled to the brim with challenge. The verse beats are tough, the chorus fills are tough, even some of the main beats are easily missable. Toss in a drum solo and a ridiculous outro and you'll see why this song is placed so high on the list.

81. Before I Forget
While this song may not be as technically challenging as some of the other songs on this list, there are so many fills and missable areas that get progressively harder that make this song one of the hardest FCs to get in the game.

82. Llama
This incredibly fast and draining tune requires the focus of a hawk to get through in one piece. With decent use of the new roll mechanic, constant double kicks and offbeat bass, this is probably the hardest song in the game to pass, let alone to FC.

83. Beast and the Harlot
With an incredibly fast and tricky drum solo, lots of use of the new roll mechanical mechanic, fast punk beats, and very tricky cymbal swells and fills to start and end the song, there is no reason that this song should be any other place on this list than the hardest.

MY ROCK BAND DRUM ACCOMPLISHMENTS
Will not remove from my signature until the whole debut album from Periphery is released as DLC

Last edited by Xepher850 on Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:09 am; edited 9 times in total
gladiators16  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's safe to say that Before I Forget should be higher, #81 if not #82

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just at a glance, i'd move Radar above CiaM, move Killing Moon down some, move Fly Like an Eagle down, put Before I Forget above Roundabout, and move Jerry below I Can See for Miles.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Updated, Killing Moon switched with Crazy Train. Fly Like an Eagle moved down a few spots. Jerry moved down 1 spot and I can See For Miles moved up 7 spots. Before I Forget switched with Caught in a Mosh.

Will not remove from my signature until the whole debut album from Periphery is released as DLC
Nintendorkhero  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whips it is probably harder, move that down some. Freebird is definitely a hard FC at 10 minutes and with the drum roll in the middle. Oye Mi Amor doesn't seem to have anything especially difficult except for a couple of the fills, but most of whip it and Freebird's roll are definitely harder.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crazy train should not be so low on the list, should be around 67-68
DragoonXD  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I Can See For Miles is a little too high on the list.

Nubnut  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there a reason why Cold as Ice is so low? I don't remember it being that hard to FC, there's one difficult fill in the middle and 3 rolls? I'd move it up above Antibodies personally.
"THERE IS A DREAM I AM LIVING
THERE IS A LIFE I AM DREAMING OF"
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Gavesit
PD527  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm gonna have to completely disagree with Radar Love being harder than BiF.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PD527 wrote:
I'm gonna have to completely disagree with Radar Love being harder than BiF.

indeed

nextneilpeart95  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Killing Loneliness should be a bit higher IMO, those rolls are annoying. Also, Sister Chrsitian should be much lower, that song is really easy.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nintendodork: I had it at that spot because I SRFCd it, but I can see how some people would have some trouble. Switched it with Rehab.

Jasonfly: I moved it down a bit. I don't think it's that easy, however.

Dragoon: Agreed. Moved down.

Nubnut: It makes use of the new roll mechanic twice, and there are two tough fills that are both really, really hard. Doesnt help that one of them ends the song. I have 74 FCs on this game and that isn't one of them.

PD + VD0g: I think you're all nuts, but whatevs. I switched em to make people happy.

neil: Meh. They're not really hard at all, I left it where it was. Agreed about Sister Christian though, switched with Humanoid.

Also wrote 8 descriptions!

Hobo111  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some constructive criticism. All IMO.

1. Outer Space should be at least in the 20s. Most of the song is easy, but some of those annoying snare fills are annoying.

2. Beautiful People is pretty easy, but not THAT easy.

3. Du Hast should be in the easiest 5. I SR FC'ed that.

4. What is Yoshimi doing at 21 and BR doing at 25? BR should be moved to the 10's and Yoshimi to the 40's.

5. Llama is harder than BatH. Most unpopular opinion ever, but who cares.

6. Stop Me If You Think You've Heard this One Before should be at least in the 20's, if only for the annoying outro.

7. Rehab at 55? Just, lol.

8. TKM at 70? I would say switch that and Viva La Resistance.
vipergtsr7588  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can see for miles should be below freebird. The entire song is natural sticking and nothing in it is that fast. I guess it could be considered easy to choke but it can't be above 25 or 6 to 4, freebird or others. Crazy train has a few awkward fills at least.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: TsH1rTw1tHr1fLe
Xepher850  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Hobo: Outer Space isn't THAT hard, but it's definitely harder than 4. I moved it up a bit. Beautiful People has literally no fills and the verse beats are incredibly easy to get the hang of, so I'm leaving that as is. I moved Du Hast down to 6. That might be too low though. Bohemian Rhapsody is fine, you might mess up on the roll to start off the song a minute and a half in. No way does Yoshimi belong in the 40s. Not happening. Stop Mes only hard part is the outro, and that's easy if you spam the pads. Rehab has some annoying fills that require you to cross over/under, plus this left hand double hit near the end I choked like 5 times. So it's fine where it is. Viva la Resistance is way, way, way, way easier than TKM. So I'm not switching em.

vipers: I disagree, Free Birds may be a little bit faster, but it stays at one tempo the whole time and there's only half the amount of bass as on ICSFM. I Can See's rolls are a bit longer overall too. But I do agree that 25 or 6 to 4 is a little harder, so I switched the two.

Did a little switching around. Also added a couple more descriptions.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: