FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
RB3 Expert Drums FC Breakdown [Suggestions welcome!]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums
View previous topic :: View next topic  
machetemonkey  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DarthFizz wrote:
gladiators16 wrote:
Have you even played it? Before I Forget is ridiculously hard, there are tempo changes everywhere, and the fills after the middle breakdown part thingy are like 10BPM faster, with the broken-ish fill at the very end that will soil many FC runs. Nothing in Radar Love even comes close.

I have to agree with this man. Those fills are insanely hard, and then there's an even harder one near the end. At least I can hit the outro to Radar Love. Before I Forget's fills always fuck me up. >.<

Well, I went back and played both of these songs again, and although I understand your opinions, I still disagree.

Before I Forget is pretty straightforward outside of the (admittedly quite hard) fills. I don't know if anything in Radar Love is as hard to hit as a few of the fills in Before I Forget, but there's just so much more random shit in Radar Love that I know it would take me longer to FC. The drum solo and outro aren't insanely difficult but shouldn't be underestimated at all, but I think what makes Radar Love hard for me is the chokability. There are choke points everywhere, from the quick snare drags in the intro to the variety of tricky (not necessarily hard, but tricky) fills, to the small but constant changes in the swing beat, and you're constantly playing through all 6 and a half minutes of the song.

Basically, Before I Forget tests your pure skills. If you can hit the hardest parts of the song, there's nothing too tough about it. It's a big "if," but nothing outside of these tough fills really tests me. Radar Love is a test of concentration. It not only has some legitimately tough parts, but is also consistently chokable and a huge drag to grind.

Again, these are my opinions. It seems as though the general consensus is that Before I Forget is harder, and I respect that. But I just wanted to toss out my reasoning.

Having said that, I can agree with Before I Forget being harder than Roundabout. I'd personally put it between Roundabout and Caught in a Mosh.

Last edited by machetemonkey on Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:58 am; edited 1 time in total
eXcelon969  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wondering why Low Rider is so low... i can probably get up to 65-70 fcs once i start grinding and i'm sure i'll never get this one

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eXcelon969 wrote:
wondering why Low Rider is so low... i can probably get up to 65-70 fcs once i start grinding and i'm sure i'll never get this one

I'd agree. It's not exceedingly difficult, but the roll lanes with the bass underneath along with the generally weird drum fills put it higher than most in my opinion. Probably in the 50's?
vipergtsr7588  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Might be alone in this but i think killing loneliness is harder than Bohemian Rhapsody.

BoRhap is pretty simple after the roll unless im totally forgetting something. I've fced it a few times and always miss in at least one of the fills in KL
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: TsH1rTw1tHr1fLe
Sodarox11  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could probably move 25 or 6 to 4 down. I sightread FCed it up until the last 2 or so notes in the end roll. It's not that hard and not that tiring.
00:37:XX fallout 3 segmented
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Stonenot
angelslayerp  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sodarox11 wrote:
You could probably move 25 or 6 to 4 down. I sightread FCed it up until the last 2 or so notes in the end roll. It's not that hard and not that tiring.

yeah its really easy actually

JasonflyXIII  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Misery business is too high on the list, maybe early 60's or so
ProffessorJoe  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Low rider wasn't very hard to me. The roll lanes are quite simple, imo. The one that really bugs me is cold as ice. I wouldn't know where to put it exactly but it needs to be away from the songs around it. With just a few minutes in practice the "hard fill" if you want to call it that is really not that hard

I also agree that 25 or 6 to 4 is not too tough. Could be moved down a few spots.

Anyone else think radar love is quite a bit easier than caught in a mosh? I didn't find radar love to be too difficult outside of the ending fill, whereas CiaM is pretty much hard all the way through and has IMO the hardest roll mechanic in the entire game being that the roll mechanic is over 1/8th note bass pedal at over 200 bpm if i remember correctly
Go there for videos of Over Rated R Us featuring the amazing RJUCPU!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: PR0FFESS0RJ0E
Xepher850  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

moved some stuff around, tell me how it looks now

MY ROCK BAND DRUM ACCOMPLISHMENTS
Will not remove from my signature until the whole debut album from Periphery is released as DLC
gladiators16  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't remember anything in Fly Like an Eagle being that hard, I SR FCed it with a calibrated path.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gladiators16 wrote:
I don't remember anything in Fly Like an Eagle being that hard, I SR FCed it with a calibrated path.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You SR FC'ed Fly Like An Egale? WTF.
ProffessorJoe  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The list is starting to look pretty good IMO. I would probably throw fly like an eagle at 74 and move ICSFM and no one knows to 75 and 76 respectively.
Go there for videos of Over Rated R Us featuring the amazing RJUCPU!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: PR0FFESS0RJ0E
Quazifuji  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gladiators16 wrote:

I think it's mainly just that it's got a weird pattern that's varying constantly and never lets up for the whole song. There's no one killer spot, but you need really good focus and consistency to no screw up at all.
DragoonXD  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hobo111 wrote:
You SR FC'ed Fly Like An Egale? WTF.

I'm not even that good and I got -1 on my sightread. Yeah it's got a bit of an awkweird pattern, but there's nothing really hard, like Quazifuji said.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7

Jump to: