FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
RB3 Expert Drums FC Breakdown [Suggestions welcome!]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DragoonXD  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xepher850 wrote:
Viva la Resistance is way, way, way, way easier than TKM. So I'm not switching em.

Umm...what? Gotta say I disagree here too.

Xepher850  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DragoonXD wrote:
Xepher850 wrote:
Viva la Resistance is way, way, way, way easier than TKM. So I'm not switching em.

TKM is like twice the length of Viva, and its disco beats are a ton longer with almost no breaks.

MY ROCK BAND DRUM ACCOMPLISHMENTS
Will not remove from my signature until the whole debut album from Periphery is released as DLC
Hobo111  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xepher850 wrote:
DragoonXD wrote:
Xepher850 wrote:

TKM is like twice the length of Viva, and its disco beats are a ton longer with almost no breaks.
Except that the TKM discos are as easy and intuitive as hell.
machetemonkey  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hobo111 wrote:
Xepher850 wrote:
DragoonXD wrote:
Xepher850 wrote:

I agree. TKM may be longer, but it's slower, more intuitive, and far more repetitive. It has like 2 different beats the entire song, while Viva La Resistance has probably 3 times that much variation in half the length.

Also, I disagree with Before I Forget being 3rd hardest. It's got the quick little mini-quad fills scattered throughout which are pretty hard, but really? Harder than the constantly changing swing beats in Radar Love (which has that outro!), or the crazy diddles mixed in with random roll lanes in Roundabout? Also keep in mind that Before I Forget is ~4 minutes, long, while the other two are 6 and 8, respectively. That's certainly a factor. Personally I'd set BiF right around Smoke on the Water. Either right before or right after, it doesn't really matter.

Oh My God is ranked that high? Really? I feel like there's something tricky in that song that somebody needs to remind me about, but I still don't think it's that hard.

Plush could also be placed as being easier than it is right now. It's kinda long and has a decent amount of variety, but the tempo is so slow that it gives you a huge margin of error.
PD527  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

machetemonkey wrote:
but really? Harder than the constantly changing swing beats in Radar Love (which has that outro!), or the crazy diddles mixed in with random roll lanes in Roundabout?

Yes really.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

machetemonkey wrote:
Also, I disagree with Before I Forget being 3rd hardest. It's got the quick little mini-quad fills scattered throughout which are pretty hard, but really? Harder than the constantly changing swing beats in Radar Love (which has that outro!), or the crazy diddles mixed in with random roll lanes in Roundabout? Also keep in mind that Before I Forget is ~4 minutes, long, while the other two are 6 and 8, respectively. That's certainly a factor.
Have you even played it? Before I Forget is ridiculously hard, there are tempo changes everywhere, and the fills after the middle breakdown part thingy are like 10BPM faster, with the broken-ish fill at the very end that will soil many FC runs. Nothing in Radar Love even comes close. I think BiF is harder than Llama but that's a very unpopular opinion as well lol

Last edited by gladiators16 on Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
IndestructibleSD  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

machetemonkey wrote:
I agree. TKM may be longer, but it's slower, more intuitive, and far more repetitive. It has like 2 different beats the entire song, while Viva La Resistance has probably 3 times that much variation in half the length.

Also, I disagree with Before I Forget being 3rd hardest. It's got the quick little mini-quad fills scattered throughout which are pretty hard, but really? Harder than the constantly changing swing beats in Radar Love (which has that outro!), or the crazy diddles mixed in with random roll lanes in Roundabout? Also keep in mind that Before I Forget is ~4 minutes, long, while the other two are 6 and 8, respectively. That's certainly a factor.

I actually agree with Before I Forget's placement. Hitting all of those mini quad fills (plus some of the longer ones) in one run is ridiculously hard.

I think Radar Love's outro is somewhat overrated. It's a triplet pattern that can be naturally sticked, it's just all over the place and looks intimidating.

As for Roundabout, chances are if you can hit the first 10 seconds of the diddles, you can hit the remaining part of the bridge without much trouble. The only parts of the bridge that are truly annoying are those red roll speedups (I believe there are two of them) which are really easy to miss on. I completely agree with your statement about the yellow roll lanes, those are just downright awful. However, I don't think there's enough difficultly in this song to warrant it being ranked higher than Before I Forget.
machetemonkey  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gladiators16 wrote:
machetemonkey wrote:
Hobo111 wrote:
Xepher850 wrote:
DragoonXD wrote:
Xepher850 wrote:

Have you even played it? Before I Forget is ridiculously hard, there are tempo changes everywhere, and the fills after the middle breakdown part thingy are like 10BPM faster, with the broken-ish fill at the very end that will soil many FC runs. Nothing in Radar Love competes

I've played both songs maaaaany times. In my opinion Before I Forget is easier. Maybe that's just my skillset, but that's my opinion.

Also, forget what I said about Plush. I misread the list (i don't know how!) and thought it was ranked a lot higher than 16. Sixteen is just fine for it.

Continuing on my thoughts, I'd rank The Look as being harder than Rehab. Rehab isn't a cakewalk with it's wonky fills, but The Look is longer (I believe) and has similarly wonky fills in the middle of disco beats instead of basic rock beats.

IndestructibleSD wrote:

I actually agree with Before I Forget's placement. Hitting all of those mini quad fills (plus some of the longer ones) in one run is ridiculously hard.

I think Radar Love's outro is somewhat overrated. It's a triplet pattern that can be naturally sticked, it's just all over the place and looks intimidating.

As for Roundabout, chances are if you can hit the first 10 seconds of the diddles, you can hit the remaining part of the bridge without much trouble. The only parts of the bridge that are truly annoying are those red roll speedups (I believe there are two of them) which are really easy to miss on. I completely agree with your statement about the yellow roll lanes, those are just downright awful. However, I don't think there's enough difficultly in this song to warrant it being ranked higher than Before I Forget.

I agree that Radar Love's outro isn't LOLWUT hard like people claim, but it's still a pretty tricky pattern that's right at the end of a 6+ minute song that isn't any cakewalk in it's own right.

Also, I agree that if you can hit 10 seconds of the diddles you can hit all of them. However, roll lanes within already fast patterns usually screw me up terribly, and the pattern is less repetitive than one might imagine, making it easy to screw up. And although the rest of the song is easy, length is still a significant factor when grinding it.

Last edited by machetemonkey on Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
machetemonkey  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oops: double post.
nextneilpeart95  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hobo111 wrote:

5. Llama is harder than BatH. Most unpopular opinion ever, but who cares.

Yeah, no. In the time BatH has been FCed once, Llama has been FCed 3 or 4 times. And on top of that, the drum solo has been FCed as many times as Llama has. So yeah. Also, yeah TKM goes down, VLR goes up.

Location: A long-ass fuckin' time ago in a town called Kickapoo

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's my opinion on some of the easier songs:

Werewolves should be moved way down, like at least to 25. Some of the fills in there are obnoxious.

Walking on the Sun can be moved up a bit.

I Wanna Be Sedated and Plush can both be moved up. One's short and easy (even if it's a bit tiring) and the other's long but slow, and the optimal path covers up the hard fills.

Killing Loneliness should be moved down, it has many obnoxious fills.

BoRhap can be moved waaaay up. 90 seconds of naptime followed by a very easy song, especially if you know how to do the crash roll.

The Con can be moved up a few spots.

20th Century Boy can also be moved way up. Does the song even have any rolls?

Foolin' can be moved up. Most of the song is pretty simple, and one of the hard fills is covered up by an AI path (which I think is optimal excluding the Cal path).

Keep in mind that I tend to have more trouble with fills than patterns, since fills take more memorization and practice.

MasterNobody wrote:
And somebody make D4 a banner! ^^^ He's an awesome guy and doesn't afraid of anything.
superfly360  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd say Been Caught Steelin' should be lower than The Beautiful People.

I sightread FCed Been Caught Steelin, which I rarely do, even on easy songs. Seriously, unless I just got lucky and don't remember, there isn't anything at all difficult in this song. The only thing that could mess you up is occasionally hitting the bass pedal on reds being played by your left hand. The swing beat can even be played like a normal beat.

While The Beautiful People is not really that hard, it can be a bit weird to play.

I also don't remember Oh My God being that difficult, although I haven't FCed it or played it that much.
Blacklight  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No One Knows is ranked a bit high IMO. While the choruses and the solos are quite tricky, any decent drummer should be able to get the hang of it in like 2 or 3 tries. Definitely not harder than 25 or 6 to 4 or as chokeable as Fly Like and Eagle.

Oh yeah, Oh My God is way too high.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gladiators16 wrote:
Have you even played it? Before I Forget is ridiculously hard, there are tempo changes everywhere, and the fills after the middle breakdown part thingy are like 10BPM faster, with the broken-ish fill at the very end that will soil many FC runs. Nothing in Radar Love even comes close.

I have to agree with this man. Those fills are insanely hard, and then there's an even harder one near the end. At least I can hit the outro to Radar Love. Before I Forget's fills always fuck me up. >.<

My Accomplishments (Contains My Wiki, Days to Remember, and other major accomplishments!)
HerbieHero wrote:
If only there were a like button for ScoreHero posts...
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: Darth Fizz
machetemonkey  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DarthFizz wrote:
gladiators16 wrote:
Have you even played it? Before I Forget is ridiculously hard, there are tempo changes everywhere, and the fills after the middle breakdown part thingy are like 10BPM faster, with the broken-ish fill at the very end that will soil many FC runs. Nothing in Radar Love even comes close.

I have to agree with this man. Those fills are insanely hard, and then there's an even harder one near the end. At least I can hit the outro to Radar Love. Before I Forget's fills always fuck me up. >.<

Well, I went back and played both of these songs again, and although I understand your opinions, I still disagree.

Before I Forget is pretty straightforward outside of the (admittedly quite hard) fills. I don't know if anything in Radar Love is as hard to hit as a few of the fills in Before I Forget, but there's just so much more random shit in Radar Love that I know it would take me longer to FC. The drum solo and outro aren't insanely difficult but shouldn't be underestimated at all, but I think what makes Radar Love hard for me is the chokability. There are choke points everywhere, from the quick snare drags in the intro to the variety of tricky (not necessarily hard, but tricky) fills, to the small but constant changes in the swing beat, and you're constantly playing through all 6 and a half minutes of the song.

Basically, Before I Forget tests your pure skills. If you can hit the hardest parts of the song, there's nothing too tough about it. It's a big "if," but nothing outside of these tough fills really tests me. Radar Love is a test of concentration. It not only has some legitimately tough parts, but is also consistently chokable and a huge drag to grind.

Again, these are my opinions. It seems as though the general consensus is that Before I Forget is harder, and I respect that. But I just wanted to toss out my reasoning.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7

Jump to: