FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Season 12 Leagues - Final Signups Open through 1/29/11!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
voidedalive2x  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mountm wrote:
Why are the songs per week capped at 10? I was hoping to be able to sign up for RB3 Guitar, DLC, and Pro Keys...it seems like 12 would make more sense. If the cap is going to be more than 8, why not just make it 12?

Many times in the past people would overextend themselves by choosing far too many games than what they could do. That, or they found that they were bored with one game and just left it.

This way, you have to choose what games you absolutely will stick with, as well as be able to be in a band, if you so choose.

GH accomps: FFWF, DE, Battery HDrums FCs! HDrums 46/49!!
RB accomps: RB3 MDrums FGFC! RB3 MOMBFGFC!
Old Youtube, New Youtube | I do Twitch, now!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: vVv_Voided
blingdomepiece  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

voidedalive2x wrote:
mountm wrote:
Why are the songs per week capped at 10? I was hoping to be able to sign up for RB3 Guitar, DLC, and Pro Keys...it seems like 12 would make more sense. If the cap is going to be more than 8, why not just make it 12?

Many times in the past people would overextend themselves by choosing far too many games than what they could do. That, or they found that they were bored with one game and just left it.

This way, you have to choose what games you absolutely will stick with, as well as be able to be in a band, if you so choose.

Yes, and the reason why it's 10 and not 8 is that team leagues count as 2 and not 4 (co-op, full band), and this time around RB OMB counts as 5 and not 4 because there are usually keyboard parts.
Bmad965  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blingdomepiece wrote:
Yes, and the reason why it's 10 and not 8 is that team leagues count as 2 and not 4 (co-op, full band), and this time around RB OMB counts as 5 and not 4 because there are usually keyboard parts.

That's not how it's showing up right now. I'm signed up for RB3 Drums and RB3 OMB and still have 2 songs per week left. I'm going to be in the RB3 full band league as well, so if OMB is going to be 5 per week I need to change it.

blingdomepiece  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bmad965 wrote:
blingdomepiece wrote:

That's not how it's showing up right now. I'm signed up for RB3 Drums and RB3 OMB and still have 2 songs per week left. I'm going to be in the RB3 full band league as well, so if OMB is going to be 5 per week I need to change it.

It's possible the logic didn't get updated to use the actual number of slots. If it let you sign up that way, I don't think we need to fool around with it now, but the principle behind it is to keep people from signing up for too much stuff and then dropping some or all of it. I think people sometimes underestimate how much time it takes to grind through so many songs every week.
ProffessorJoe  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally i don't see why OMB should take 5 spots. That basically turns your limit into 9 instead of 10, when in reality adding the keyboard to OMB doesn't add THAT much extra time. I can see why you wouldn't want people to sign up for "11" spots but i see it as more of "10+" spots, which is only applicable for OMB. I guess i just don't see why you wouldn't be able to sign up for 3 leagues because OMB added 1 instrument.
Go there for videos of Over Rated R Us featuring the amazing RJUCPU!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: PR0FFESS0RJ0E

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ProffessorJoe wrote:
Personally i don't see why OMB should take 5 spots. That basically turns your limit into 9 instead of 10, when in reality adding the keyboard to OMB doesn't add THAT much extra time. I can see why you wouldn't want people to sign up for "11" spots but i see it as more of "10+" spots, which is only applicable for OMB. I guess i just don't see why you wouldn't be able to sign up for 3 leagues because OMB added 1 instrument.

I would think that it's because not every song in RB3 has 5 parts. That's one reason. Another could just be to simplify the signups by saying it has 4 songs. Taking up a 5 song slot would just be a bit ridiculous, especially with the way leagues have run the past few seasons. I'm just telling myself 'I have 10-11 songs this week'. That one extra song isn't a big concern for me tho.

thewinnerisgeeg: like feed the dogs and eat minipockets and ice cream
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: a2003041 PSN Name: a2003041
TheHammer417  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blingdomepiece wrote:
I think people sometimes underestimate how much time it takes to grind through so many songs every week.

pretty much this.
That's why I only signed up for RB3 Bass and RB3 Co-Op Roulette.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blingdomepiece wrote:
It's possible the logic didn't get updated to use the actual number of slots. If it let you sign up that way, I don't think we need to fool around with it now, but the principle behind it is to keep people from signing up for too much stuff and then dropping some or all of it. I think people sometimes underestimate how much time it takes to grind through so many songs every week.
Yeah I double checked and it is set at 5 song slots but somehow the signup system is counting it as 4. Beats me why, but it works for now.
JOE2210  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm signed up for GHWOR and RB3 vox.
I've never done a league before, so could anyone explain to me how it works?
I've read a few things but I haven't quite understood it.

Eastwinn wrote:

I honestly don't get it. What is the point of riding someone's ass. What benefit does it bring you?
blingdomepiece  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JOE2210 wrote:
I'm signed up for GHWOR and RB3 vox.
I've never done a league before, so could anyone explain to me how it works?
I've read a few things but I haven't quite understood it.

Every week there are four songs picked. You submit your highest score for each song. You can submit multiple times, so a good strategy if you're not sure how much time you'll have that week is to submit your highest score every session (if it beat whatever you had before). At the end of the week for each song you get a score from 0 to 100 depending on how you did relative to others.

After four weeks, the top players in the league (roughly half) make the playoffs, which are single-song, single-knockout head-to-head matchups (usually 3-4 days each) until there is only one player left, who is the winner.
JOE2210  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That clears it up a lot, thanks.
When you enter scores, you just have to put in the comment bit that it's for leagues right?

Eastwinn wrote:

I honestly don't get it. What is the point of riding someone's ass. What benefit does it bring you?
uSound  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JOE2210 wrote:
That clears it up a lot, thanks.
When you enter scores, you just have to put in the comment bit that it's for leagues right?

No, it's on the leagues screen. You'll go to leagues, select your division (where it says "not yet started" it'll have a link to enter scores) and it'll display the 4 songs for the week with the usual [score] [percent] [proof] boxes. Proof is only required for play-off weeks but I like to do it every time in case I typo.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: uSound PSN Name: uSoundSH
JOE2210  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ohh, that makes much more sense.
Looking forward to this guys!

Eastwinn wrote:

ProffessorJoe  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wish i could sign up for 4 leagues lol. Coop roulette with RJ (which our team is registered to my ProffessorJoe3 account), Full Band, and RB3 bass. Technically since i have coop roulette with a different account do you think i could sign up for RB3 OMB too?

On a more serious note: I can't wait for leagues to start! Very excited
Go there for videos of Over Rated R Us featuring the amazing RJUCPU!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: PR0FFESS0RJ0E
11yearoldkid  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ProffessorJoe wrote:
Technically since i have coop roulette with a different account do you think i could sign up for RB3 OMB too?

This brings up a point I have never even thought about.

I guess, in a way, there really isn't a league slot "limit" because you can just create multiple accounts, then sign them up. Right?

TEN THOUSANNNNNNND!
My life.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: