FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
How fast is Llama?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums
View previous topic :: View next topic  
homerdough  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:14 am    Post subject: How fast is Llama? Reply with quote

NPS wise?

Because I wanna know why I can't do it at 90% speed well (75% of notes hit on practice)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The tempo is about 160 bpm but it varies. So that's about 10.7 nps, when you're playing 16th notes anyway. (160 bpm = 160/60 bps = 160*4/60 nps = 10.7 nps)

The fast snare rolls later in the song are 16th note triplets at around 165 bpm, so that's 165*6/60 nps = 16.5 nps.

Bladder of Steel/Platinum Artist - 2/15/09
Hobo111  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Short answer: As fast as hell.
Long answer:
Shvegait wrote:
The tempo is about 160 bpm but it varies. So that's about 10.7 nps, when you're playing 16th notes anyway. (160 bpm = 160/60 bps = 160*4/60 nps = 10.7 nps)

The fast snare rolls later in the song are 16th note triplets at around 165 bpm, so that's 165*6/60 nps = 16.5 nps.
dudextr  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The fastest thing I can see is 16.8nps at M108.

Thanks for the fun times Scorehero, I will never forget you.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Stuff24
Nubnut  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just so i can get a comparison, how fast is the outro of Don't Fear the Reaper?
"THERE IS A DREAM I AM LIVING
THERE IS A LIFE I AM DREAMING OF"
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Gavesit
bclare  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nubnut wrote:
Just so i can get a comparison, how fast is the outro of Don't Fear the Reaper?

NPS calculation tutorial:

http://charts.ajanata.com/rb/drums/dontfearthereaper_drums_expert_blank.png

Here's the chart. Outro starts in m159.

NPS = (notes per beat) (beats per minute) / 60

Beats per minute is the tempo, the grey numbers at the top of the chart. In this case, it's changing almost every measure but not by very much; I'll just use 145 to get an estimate.

Notes per beat is one fourth of notes per measure; ie if it's 8th notes, thats 2 per beat. The BRBRB parts are 16th notes, so thats 4 per measure.

NPS = 4*145 / 60 = 9.67

I'm only calculating the hands part; I've seen people include all the notes in drums NPS but that doesn't really make sense.

If you want a comparison to the rolls in DFTR, the speedup in m120 is 14.5 NPS
homerdough  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any tips on doing well (or passing) on this song?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Any tips on doing well (or passing) on this song?

Dont suck?

Seriously though, this song is a unique one where you cant really flail your way through to pass the song, you have to actually try to play it (and play it relatively well) so really the best advice to give is to just practice it slow, its not THAT hard, but its HELLA fast
I just thought that a Caprici FC is more impressive than a TWAT FC
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Wii Friend Code: 264931817962
Nubnut  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only suggestion I can make is, ignore the double kicks. And focus on keeping your hands in time and hitting the onbeat kicks.
"THERE IS A DREAM I AM LIVING
THERE IS A LIFE I AM DREAMING OF"
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Gavesit
orcaloverbri9  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This song makes me want to punch children. I can do the intro and everything that resembles it flawlessly at 90%, yet at full speed it becomes impossible to keep the beat. I try to hit JUST the hi-hat and I can't do that. I realize the speed fluctuates a bit, but I have an easier time playing Run to the Hills (read: I can last more than 15 seconds - a lot more, as it happens). I've looked at the chart and aside from the minor BPM changes it's a steady count, yet I can't stay on beat for more than five seconds. This is the ONLY song I have this problem with, aside from some things like blasts where it's understandable (and I'm even just starting to get those).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: