FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
1/11/11 DLC: Linkin Park Six-Pack!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
woozerkristen  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:14 am    Post subject: 1/11/11 DLC: Linkin Park Six-Pack! Reply with quote

Available on Xbox 360, Playstation 3, and Wii on January 11, 2011:

• Numb by Linkin Park

• Somewhere I Belong by Linkin Park

• Waiting for the End by Linkin Park

• What I've Done by Linkin Park (X)

• Crawling by Linkin Park

• In the End by Linkin Park (X)

(All tracks are original master recordings)

(These tracks will be available in Europe on PlayStation®3 system Jan. 12)

These tracks will be available for purchase as individual tracks and as “Linkin Park Pack 01” on Xbox 360, PlayStation®3 system and Wii. Tracks marked with “X” will include Pro Guitar and Pro Bass expansions for $0.99 per song.

Price:
$1.99 USD, £.99 UK, €1.49 EU (160 Microsoft Points) per song
$2.00USD (200 Wii Points™) per song
$0.99 USD (100 Wii Points/80 Microsoft Points), £0.59 UK, €0.79 EU per song for eligible Pro Guitar/Pro Bass upgrade
$9.99, £4.99 UK, €7.99 EU (800 Microsoft Points, 1,000 Wii Points) for Linkin Park Pack 01

Rock Band Network

Due to popular vote, the following songs this week have been enabled for score-tracking:
  • Gasoline by The Bouncing Souls(80 MSP)
    Chart previews:

• Dethroned by Death Angel(160 MSP)
    Chart previews:

• Hanuman by Rodrigo y Gabriela(160 MSP)
    Chart previews:

Existing songs enabled for PS3:

• Let Us Slay by GWAR($0.99)
    Chart previews:

Existing songs enabled for Wii:

• Don't Let Me Down (Slowly) by The Main Drag (100 points)
    Chart previews:

• Last Train to Awesometown by Parry Gripp (100 points)
    Chart previews:

• Lionheart by Amberian Dawn (200 points)
    Chart previews:

Note: As of this post, tracks marked with are available for PlayStation 3, and tracks marked with are available for Nintendo Wii. All others are currently exclusive to Rock Band 2 and Rock Band 3 on the Xbox 360

If you voted for one or more of these songs, update your votes by selecting new songs for next week!

Vocalist/Guitarist/Bassist for The PermaRockers | Vocalist/Bassist/Pather for Now-Retired Band Interrobang! | Interrobang! Full Band Vids/Solo Vox Vids on YouTube | Facebook | Twitter | Solo Accomplishments Thread
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: woozerkristen
hiddenzombie013  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I enjoyed this pack a good amount. I played drums on all of them, and they were all mostly fun. While I was expecting Numb to be way more fun(the beat I thought was in much of the song was only played for a bit), but Waiting for the End was way more fun than I was expecting (and I was looking forward to it too). That song had a lot of variety.

In order of hardest to easiest (IMO):
In the End, Waiting for the End, One Step Closer, Crawling, Somewhere I Belong, Numb, What I've Done

In order of most to least fun (IMO obv):
Waiting for the End, Somewhere I Belong, One Step Closer, In the End, What I've Done, Crawling, Numb

As you saw, I threw One Step Closer in there for comparison. Keep in mind that ATS and Meteora are my two favorite LP albums, and I like all of these songs a lot except for Crawling (I think it's decent).
Pick up on some DLC I missed [ ]
5* + 250-streak on Llama Pro Drums [X]
Finish all Drums/Pro Drums goals [ ]
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: hiddenzombie013 PSN Name: hiddenzombie013
Spectrauma  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The LP pack is brilliant on vocals. :D

My favourite song would be In the End. For the first two minutes you're covering both vocal parts, with no more than half a second to catch your breath.

Hardest song is definitely Waiting For the End, featuring pitched rapping (!) and some deceptive harmonies.

There are a lot of endurance vocals here, and some really satisfying high notes if you can hit them. Just be careful not to hurt yourself... endurance vocals and high notes should never mix.
DVDSmith  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Loads of fun on drums, I haven't played WID or WFTE yet but I know they're good from GH. In The End is also really good to play with two bass pedals :D

Vocals are excellent, I'm only ever going to play these songs with harmonies because switching between Mike and Chester's vocals is how it's meant to be sung.

Keys are simple but fun, much like It's My Life they're the kind of songs where I could learn them on Expert Pro Keys quickly and then play them on a real piano.

The only thing I don't understand - In The End's key part is all in one octave apart from the very last measure, so why the hell did Harmonix chart the entire chart at the top half of the keyboard and then just loop the ascending notes back onto the same keys?!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DVDSmith wrote:
The only thing I don't understand - In The End's key part is all in one octave apart from the very last measure, so why the hell did Harmonix chart the entire chart at the top half of the keyboard and then just loop the ascending notes back onto the same keys?!

It's just the way their charting methodology is. They probably didn't see any need to shift the track since the rest of the song is one octave, or they felt then didn't have enough time to shift the track (since notes that aren't within the displayed octave still get displayed, just way off to the side).

I loved this pack, of course, being a huge LP fan. I did voxkeys and it was really fun, but I need to jump on drums for sure. My sister came home late last night in time to sing In the End with me and I almost died in delight at the harmony aspect of me rapping Mike's lyrics while she belts out Chester's. One of the greatest DLC packs ever; I hope we see more from them.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: LyokoFreaks
sethyboy0  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My double bass just happened to come in the mail the same day I bought In The End and I have to say I'm glad it did. I'm surprised they charted bass that fast.
Shvegait  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DVDSmith wrote:

Despite the fact that the keys part is entirely in one octave (before the ending), the song isn't in C major, which is the only time you can even use all of two octaves.

The problem is that the lowest note in the song is a B. They couldn't have shifted the chart down an octave, because the lowest note on the keyboard unit is a C. Thus they had to use the keyboard position they used, they really had no choice.

It would have been awkward to shift the ending of the song first down an octave (the low B is not in that part so they could have done that) and then up again. It would just make the song inconsistent. In my opinion, there's no other way they could have charted it that would make sense.

Bladder of Steel/Platinum Artist - 2/15/09
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: