FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Xenigma - RB4 Bass FCs Incoming
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pizzzapizza  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShadoWolf wrote:
Nice work on Jerry! I still haven't 5*ed it

me neither agreeing with this comment also
Xenigma  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A bit of an oddball update. Not just Bass FCs this time around, as I got two Guitar FCs and added three new items to the non-FCs. Gold Stars of both Caught in a Mosh and The Killing Moon seemed pretty awesome; I'm so close to learning the bridge strumming of the latter, but it's so weird I'm not counting on that actually happening. Reap gets added as a 100% non-FC on Guitar because of the strum lanes; I tried grinding for the FC, but every time the lanes managed to break my streak one place or another, so whatever. In Bass FC news, Fly Like an Eagle and Battles and Brotherhood seem like the standouts, though Dreaming of Love gets the sentimental bonus of having FCed it at super-hyperspeed since the online band I was playing with dropped out mid-song. That made it far more difficult than need be, but I held on!

The only reason the Guitar stuff snuck in this update is that I've been trying to do online quickplay to help ease boredom when playing easier songs. Problem is, I always end up being singled out as "that guy" and get placed on Guitar after the first setlist, without exception, which doesn't exactly help with setting Bass scores. Maybe I just need to find some ScoreHero folk to play with? (Add AJS Xenigma on Xbox Live, guys!)

@malkieriking Oh My God may well be the harder one in terms of raw skill; Radar Love just has some mental factor going since it's lengthy on chokable patterns, while OMG is fairly short and only has a small handful of hard parts. I was pretty happy with both.

@ShadoWolf, Pizza Then what are you two waiting for, get to work! :P

pizzzapizza  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xenigma wrote:
Pizza Then what are you two waiting for, get to work! :P

this best on Jerry I can get is about 3 stars on it (and thats for rockband 3)
Xenigma  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A couple of awesome Bass FCs this time around. I knew I wanted to go for the HOPO-filled fun that is Another Purity Failing, but it's a huge choke-fest and I found I would get worse at the song the more I would try to grind for it. Given that, I've been taking a few days off between plays, and sure enough I got it early this afternoon on my second attempt. Bled to Be Free (The Operation) is a song I'd neglected to download for a long time, but I picked it up a couple weeks back and it ended up in every play session since till I nailed the strum-tastic FC.

The real surprise of the update, though? It has to be from a short while ago when I jumped onto online quickplay and got a Guitar FC of Fly Like an Eagle completely out of the blue. So cool! Wasn't able to get a picture of it, but I'm super proud to nail it in probably my first read of the chart this year. Just one more little indication that I'm still getting better at the game.

Wow the default smiley face for Scorehero looks incredibly smug

BeachBum187  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice job on those two bass FCs and congrats on Fly Like an Eagle guitar! Hopefully we might see you do some more guitar? You're definitely capable of getting some more nice FCs on that as well

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

42 new Bass FCs this update to bring me to 600! Among the fun is all Free Spirit songs and all 77 of my warm-up tier songs, both things that were a long time coming. Gonzo marks what is likely my first song with a Bass Solo, which is kinda cool (even if it's an easy one). On the more challenging side of things, I'm really happy to finally FC Bang, which is an incredibly fun Bass song but very easy to mess up in. I also spent a fair bit of time to get The Ravenous, as I was really excited to have a Protest the Hero-esque song to tackle. As for number 600, I was extremely excited to be able to be able to FC Laid to Rest, a song I've loved playing for years but also long thought would be eternally out of my reach. Glad to know I was wrong about that.

@BeachBum I'm sure I could do some damage on Guitar (or Keytar for that matter), but for the time being I'm really enjoying just focusing on Bass. Keeps me in a certain mentality, I guess. Chances are I'll start to dabble more once my pace really slows down on the one instrument, which hopefully won't be for a while yet.

Xenigma  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been a lazy couple of weeks recently, thanks partially to being on vacation this week, partially because I crammed 42 FCs in less than week last update. Among other things I went back to some strum-heavy metal songs recently, and I was pretty happy to walk away with FCs for Anubis, The Hounds of Anubis, and Before I Forget as a result. I also had one somewhat surprising FC with Radiant Light, since it has a nasty strum lane near the end that I thankfully hit on my sightread to maintain all Free Spirit FCed.

Xenigma  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been a while since I've last updated! Between moving to a new apartment and Guild Wars 2 and other excitement, haven't had that much time with Rock Band of late, but I've still gotten a few goodies. Moments of Clarity is certainly my favorite new Bass FC of this update (back to having all Children of Nova FCed!), while I Wanna Be Your Man was an unexpected challenge that I was managed to take down on a sightread. A few RB1 FCs are in there to boot, plus Evolutionary Sleeper, which isn't the Cynic FC I'd like to have, but it's still pretty neat.

Also, I'm at 700 overall FCs. Nice!

Xenigma  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been a slow month for Rock Band, between the start of the Fall semester and Guild Wars 2, but thanks to Blitz releasing I've been motivated to make at least a little progress. I've currently only got four FCs from that game, but they should be among the hardest Bass songs from the game: Spoonman and its HOPO-frenzy (now with Bass solo!), Moves Like Jagger with the surprise chorus 3, Wicker Man with its random strumming patterns, and Kids in the Street with lots of annoying pull-offs. I figure the FGFC should be cake once I dedicate some time to playing through the other songs.

Beyond that, I was pretty dang happy with FCing Everything I Hate About Myself, which was a lot like Spoonman except it's awesome RB3 menu music. Amaranth was also surprisingly annoying, but thankfully I managed a SRFC. Next, I'll try to focus on finishing off RBB, presuming no must-play DLC shows up to steal away my attention...

BeachBum187  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats on your blitz progress, and welcome back!

Personally Stronger was the most annoying FC for me out of the whole pack, diamond eyes took a few tries, but after you get those two it will definitely be a piece of cake

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got eleven more Blitz Bass FCs, leaving only ten left before the FGFC. Diamond Eyes was easily my most frustrating FC thus far (thanks for pointing it out BeachBum), and I can't believe I forgot about Cult of Personality when looking for the harder tracks. Along with the silliness in Stronger I think I should be past all the major hurdles, so long as I don't have any weird Crocodile Rock-style headaches.

Xenigma  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ten more FCs and the Rock Band Blitz Bass FGFC is complete! Nothing really notable on the back stretch, but at least I'm now up to two FGFCs. That also left me at 665 Bass FCs, so I've spent the past week working on the most obvious candidate for number 666 (aside from Anvil's 666, of course): The Number of the Beast! The majority of that time was spent getting comfortable with Guitar Solo 2, with the FC proper coming earlier today. Now I can return to playing through my Bass library, although thanks to Blitz and the pre-RB3 sale, I'm starting to really lose ground there...

BeachBum187  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice work out of that FGFC, and 666 bass FCs is pretty cool too. I somehow managed to overlook your post where you said you had 700 overall FCs back in august, if you ever get to doing some more guitar, you definitely could easily get 1000 overall FCs .

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly, I think I can get 1000 overall FCs pretty easily via Bass since my library is so large at this point (~1600 IIRC). It's not really a question of can I do it, just a matter of how long it will take.

Pretty happy with FCs of Rampage of Kronos and All Bodies this update. The former was a sightread, which really surprised me knowing how hard the first Minotaur Project song was. As for All Bodies, I'm simply glad to keep up FCing all the non-Mordecai BTBAM songs. Probably one of the hardest charts from them yet, not to mention one of the most fun. Not bad!

Xenigma  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After several eternities, an update appears! I'm now at 700 Bass FCs, with a handful of standouts in this batch including Color Your World (lanes, length), In Waves (strumming, pull-offs), Hey Man Nice Shot (HOPOs), and Majesty (HOPOs IIRC). Have been focusing more on school of late, but I'm still chugging along slowly but surely. Also, hey, random guitar FCs! Really ought to go back and FC Hyperbole on Bass now that I've gotten it on Guitar. One little thing to consider in the coming weeks and months...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Accomplishments All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: