FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Xenigma - RB4 Bass FCs Incoming
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Beliskner  

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

malkieriking wrote:
Go get that FGFC! Suddenly I See and Aliens Exist are the only parts that you didn't list there that might be troublesome, and they aren't nearly as bad as most of the other ones you just listed.

Nice job, and good luck on the rest!

totally agree
now that you have Two Princes, Short and Sweet and Life is a Highway you pretty much got the FGFC
the hardest songs left are very very easy compared to the three mentioned above
Xenigma  

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really in the spirit of knocking out this FGFC, so I've got a third update in as many days with 15 new Lego FCs. Some rather difficult songs in here including Suddenly I See and Walking On Sunshine (the latter of which I lost the picture to thanks to my computer freezing), but Breakout was definitely the standout with that crazy alt-strumming that comes out of nowhere. Also got to 450 FCs this update which I decided to mark with Ship With No Sails, a super awesome Prog song that everyone should own. So fun both to play and listen to, and plenty challenging to boot.

@malkieriking, Beliskner Thanks for the votes of confidence! With everything you mentioned knocked out, hopefully a straightforward road to the FGFC from here.

bclare  

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xenigma wrote:
Seems like the Scorehero consensus is that Short and Sweet is the hardest Bass song on Lego, but I personally found Two Princes and Life Is a Highway were far harder FCs. Tons of easily chokable HOPO chains in both!?

Those are the other two songs (besides S&S) that I haven't FCed. I'll get around to it eventually, and if I do then maybe I'll even bump my thread

You'll have it before me though.

Also, Ghost of Perdition is awesome on any instrument.
Xenigma  

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The deed is done! Were some definite surprises in the back stretch like the ascending triplets in Accidently in Love and the strumming in Tick Tick Boom, but only one song really caused me trouble: Crocodile Rock. I don't know what it is about that song, but I was missing all over the place for no apparent reason. It's done now, though, and the LRB FGC is complete! Where to next? Like I've said before, I'd like to finish playing through my nearly 1500 song-strong RB3 library. This just happened to be part of that.

@bclare Would be nice to see you bump your thread again! Should you ever get around to it I know I'll be checking it out. ;)

ShadoWolf  

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good work! I remember there was some tricky stuff in the game, but not with Croc Rock Congrats!
Look, someone actually had to point out that singing "solo" meant singing alone. This is why we allow people to work registers at McDonald's that can't make change and it makes me want to run my face under a belt sander. For the love of tits, how can you be on the internet in 2012 and not think "maybe I can Google this word I should have learned in first grade before making a thread about it".
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: ShadoWolf2971
Beliskner  

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xenigma wrote:
The deed is done! Were some definite surprises in the back stretch like the ascending triplets in Accidently in Love and the strumming in Tick Tick Boom, but only one song really caused me trouble: Crocodile Rock. I don't know what it is about that song, but I was missing all over the place for no apparent reason. It's done now, though, and the LRB FGC is complete! Where to next? Like I've said before, I'd like to finish playing through my nearly 1500 song-strong RB3 library. This just happened to be part of that.

@bclare Would be nice to see you bump your thread again! Should you ever get around to it I know I'll be checking it out. ;)

haha congratz on the FGFC
good luck playing through your library the first few Tiers are very boring aside from a few songs like My Generation (Live at Leeds) lol
malkieriking  

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pssht, playing through your library? Some of us still haven't made it through the RB3 setlist yet .

Anyways, very nice job on the FGFC. You should do Beatles bass if you have it so you can go on MN's FGFC leaderboard. Also, have you tried GD bass, because that could also be very possible. Tons of options for you to go next, so just go your own way and keep us updated.

zage1337, in my accomplishments thread wrote:
Ever since I started Blitz I played the silver ball
From Thrasher down to One Vision, I've must've played them all
but you aint seen nothing like him in any song at all
that malkieriking SURE PLAYS A MEAN PINBALL
xGaberadex  

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xenigma wrote:
but only one song really caused me trouble: Crocodile Rock. I don't know what it is about that song, but I was missing all over the place for no apparent reason.
I find it funny THAT song gave ya the most trouble while that was my 1st LRB FC (I believe it was sightread too) But, w/e...You FCed every single song, congratz on the FGFC!

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh I completely forgot about Tick Tick Boom. That was the last song I played for the FGFC . Congrats, you're getting these bass FCs at an incredible pace, keep it up pls

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all the congrats everyone! Moving on from Lego, my next formal goal is to FC all of my Warm-Up tier songs, of which I believe I have 77. Not exactly an exciting goal, but it's already well past half-complete and at least provides some guidance on where to go next as I'm playing through my library. As far as potentially interesting FCs go, Reckless & Relentless was probably the toughest FC of this update (plus a decently fun song), while 13 Steps to Nowhere was an annoying FC I'd abandoned long ago and am glad to have finished now.

@ShadoWolf It's not that simple, what with the varying patterns and quick pull-offs, but yeah, I just had a weird mental block with it. Happens every once in a while.

@Beliskner The first few tiers are boring? Crazy talk! (But seriously, this is a fun exercise simply because of the surprises even low-tier songs can bring. It's what keeps Rock Band entertaining!)

@malkieriking Beatles Bass seems like the obvious next option for a FGFC, and I intend to pursue it after I've finished playing through my library. Don't own GD and don't really intend to buy it any time soon, so that's out. I'd also consider AC/DC but I don't think I really want to spend time learning how to play the outro of For Those About to Rock, never mind all the other hurdles that disc brings.

@Gaberade A sightread FC? Dang, maybe Elton John is my personal kryptonite? (Who knows what horrors I'm Still Standing will put me and only me through?)

@BeachBum Ah shucks, I wouldn't say incredible, I'm just playing a lot of easy stuff of late is all. Tick Tick Boom was one of my last LRB FCs, but I had to save We Are the Champions for last. Honestly, is there any other proper way to end that FGFC? ;)

Xenigma  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kind of small update, but since I know I won't be playing this weekend (Guild Wars 2 Beta!), may as well post now. No One Knows is the definite stand-out of this update. I got 100% on my sightread, overstrumming at the end of the insanity in the bridge/solo, and have never been able to replicate it since. Glad to have finally changed that! Dear Insanity was also very difficult, but I've gotten plenty of practice with strumming-heavy songs of late, so it wasn't too awful a grind. This Is The Album You've Been Waiting For was also harder than expected, as the super-quick HOPOs in the middle really threw me for a loop, but thankfully a quick trip to practice mode ironed that out.

Anyway, next update will probably be 500 Bass FCs. Got a couple ideas for this big milestone, just need to see what I can actually get...

Xenigma  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally made it to 500 Bass FCs, and after taking down all the different sections of it, I knew the milestone had to be the full 2112. It wasn't without some horrific chokes (like one ~3 seconds before the BRE) and I didn't end up beating my top score (maybe I should go back with a path?), but at the end of the day I'm thrilled to have the FC. In other news, I finally figured out the weird strumming in the middle of Raining Blood to earn that FC, and with Hey There Mr. Brooks down the only Asking Alexandria song I need to best is Morte et Dabo. The problem...well, it's Morte et Dabo. That strumming is hard. In due time, perhaps!

Xenigma  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice and chunky update with 32 FCs added, including finishing FCing all songs by Coldplay and All That Remains, as well as a bunch of RB1 and RB3 FCs. Stuff like Radar Love, Oh My God and Sabotage seemed pretty nice, but it's generally pretty simple stuff. What I'm really proud of this update, though, is not an FC at all, but rather that I finally (finally) managed to get a five-star run of Jerry Was a Race Car Driver, finishing out all 61 of my available Bass goals. Hopefully now I will never, ever have to play that chart ever again...

(I also rather unintentionally ended at 599 cumulative FCs. I don't plan on doing anything special for 600, just found that amusing.)

malkieriking  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice job. Radar Love is cool, but personally, I think Oh My God is cooler, that song gave me fits last night when I was doing it. Great job, it's all in the progress, and the progress is clear.

Jerry 5* is also really cool, that chart is a nightmare all the way around, and the whole song is a c-c-c-combo breaker.

zage1337, in my accomplishments thread wrote:
Ever since I started Blitz I played the silver ball
From Thrasher down to One Vision, I've must've played them all
but you aint seen nothing like him in any song at all
that malkieriking SURE PLAYS A MEAN PINBALL
ShadoWolf  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice work on Jerry! I still haven't 5*ed it
Look, someone actually had to point out that singing "solo" meant singing alone. This is why we allow people to work registers at McDonald's that can't make change and it makes me want to run my face under a belt sander. For the love of tits, how can you be on the internet in 2012 and not think "maybe I can Google this word I should have learned in first grade before making a thread about it".
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: ShadoWolf2971
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Accomplishments All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: