FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Need a new pedal

View previous topic :: View next topic  
PeterGibbons316  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 10:17 pm    Post subject: Need a new pedal Reply with quote

I haven't posted on here in a long time, so I am a little out of the loop.

My Ion pedal finally broke after 2 years of use and I need a new one. I'm probably going to order something by tomorrow. I want something that is just plug and play with what I have. I'm not interested in any modding or anything like that. I'm leaning toward just buying another Ion pedal for $60 from their site since it lasted me 2 years with no problems til now, but would be willing to pay a little more for something a little nicer so long as it doesn't require any modding or tweaking on my part (I prefer to spend my playing rather than tweaking my hardware).

What should I get?

Thanks!
xtremecarbon  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would suggest a Rock Pedal/Omega Pedal, but those may require some tuning, which you don't want. The iON pedal is probably your best bet since it comes as is, I'd also suggest a stock pedal if you penny mod it. All of the above take less than 3 minutes.

My Accomplishments
Hey, I FINALLY have Rock Band 3! And with Cymbals for Pro Mode! Add XBL if you want to play. The best way to contact me is through Twitter
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: xtremecarbonSH PSN Name: xtremecarbon Wii Friend Code: 1874701833916044
PeterGibbons316  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Rock Pedal is $113 from Amazon, is it really worth the extra $50 over the Ion? I can handle some slight tweaks, really just wanting to avoid anything with a pad.
davidshek  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PeterGibbons316 wrote:
really just wanting to avoid anything with a pad.

May I ask why?

And no, if you're going to spend $113, you may as well go for a KP65 for $60, Kickbox for $40, and a cheap used pedal from Craigslist. The feel and response you get from a pedal + pad completely blows away anything else used for Rock Band (Ion, stock, switch-based pedals, etc.).

The Rock Pedal was a good deal at $80...not so much at $113.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with David. Getting a pedal with a pad is SO much nicer. The KP65 combos are by far my best selling pedals, and I have yet to ever hear of a complaint from anyone.

Better performance, generally better reliability, and you can use the pad outside of rock band if you ever want to play e-drums.

Something to def. think about

XCELL Pads, Pintech, IONS, ROADIE, Guitars and more!

If you have no idea what my avatar is about, then you need to subscribe to my youtube channel.
xtremecarbon  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did not know the Rock Pedal is now $113. Wtf.

Anyways, I will throw in a vote for getting the KP65, RB Kickbox and a pedal IF you have the money. I have it and it's great. Zip problems. I'd do it if you really like RB. If you think you might not or don't have the money, get the stock or iON pedal.

My Accomplishments
Hey, I FINALLY have Rock Band 3! And with Cymbals for Pro Mode! Add XBL if you want to play. The best way to contact me is through Twitter
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: xtremecarbonSH PSN Name: xtremecarbon Wii Friend Code: 1874701833916044
PeterGibbons316  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I was thinking about it, and the Ion pedal comes with a 90 day warranty for $60. I may not even be playing 90 days from now, and even if I am another $60 only puts me out $7 compared to the Rock Pedal, so I went ahead and just got another one of those.

Thanks a bunch for all of your recommendations!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: