FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Vocal Difficulty

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nuke39  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:07 am    Post subject: Vocal Difficulty Reply with quote

I have a question to all of the people who play Vocals on Expert...exactly how would you say the difficulty curve is when you play?

Now, here me out. When you play Easy, Medium, Hard, Expert on Drums and Guitar/Bass you can see the change in difficulty because there are more notes and trickier sections in some songs. However, how would you describe that with the changes in difficulty for Vocals since the lines stay practically the same?

If the bar is bigger, will it be more leinent when it comes to the filling up the circle? I'm just somewhat curious because Vocals seem sketchy on how if you actually have to practice or not. If you can sing the song fairly well (90% or more perhaps?) on Medium, does that mean you'll most likely do the same on a higher difficulty?

And that brings me to another question, what about Full Combos? Is there that much of a change in difficulty if you sing at two different levels? Will the outcome be almost the same? Does it vary depending on the tier of the song? For the record, I'm curious about this because I sing on Medium. I have two FCs, Blitzkrieg Bop and Dani California. (Constant 99% on In Bloom, DFTR, Cherub Rock and Say It Ain't So though)

So I just want to know how any of the expert players have experienced this.
wildbillkickoff  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two things stand out to me--

First, the game is a lot more forgiving on pitch on the lower levels than it is on Expert. Let's say the correct note is a G. On Medium, the game would score you OK if you sang an F or an A as well. On Hard, it would fill the meter on F# or Ab, but not F or A. On Expert, you have to be within about a quarter tone to fill your meter.

Secondly, I think the meter fills marginally quicker on lower levels, but not a huge amount, and only if you're dead on pitch.
Nickisimo  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wildbillkickoff wrote:
Two things stand out to me--

First, the game is a lot more forgiving on pitch on the lower levels than it is on Expert. Let's say the correct note is a G. On Medium, the game would score you OK if you sang an F or an A as well. On Hard, it would fill the meter on F# or Ab, but not F or A. On Expert, you have to be within about a quarter tone to fill your meter.

Secondly, I think the meter fills marginally quicker on lower levels, but not a huge amount, and only if you're dead on pitch.

That pretty much sums it up. As the difficulty goes up the pitch window is tighter and the disc fills more slowly. You could try quickplaying something like Say It Ain't So on different difficulties to see it firsthand.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: