FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Season 12 Leagues - Preliminary Signups Open!
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
singemfrc  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:53 pm    Post subject: Season 12 Leagues - Preliminary Signups Open! Reply with quote

Season 12 will focus on Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock and Rock Band 3 and is set to begin later this month. Preliminary signups are now open for us to gauge interest on which leagues are popular enough to actually run.

Click here to view leagues and sign-up!

These signups will run for two weeks until Sunday, January 16. As like previous seasons, you may signup for any combination of leagues totaling up to 10 songs per week. However, please only sign-up for leagues that you'll be able to keep up with on a weekly basis. After the preliminary signups close, final league selections will be made and real signups will be posted for a similar timeframe and Round 1 will then begin at the end of January.

Several of the proposed leagues are new ideas, so if you have any questions about them or anything else feel free to ask. Happy New Year!
Sixen  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The lack of standard co-op leagues (G/B G/D etc.) Is upsetting. I would at least make them an option to sign up for. The worst that could happen is they would not get enough sign ups to run, but at least it was their for the people who wanted them. Who knows, maybe I am the only one who wants them.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: SixenSH PSN Name: Sixen
dudextr  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sixen wrote:
But at least it was their for the people who wanted them.

there*

I signed up for 2 leagues, both RB3, both on disc and both only requiring myself, nobody else. So if you happen to be in either of my two leagues good luck!

Thanks for the fun times Scorehero, I will never forget you.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Stuff24
FurySH  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah i signed up for guitar, my first ever league
blingdomepiece  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sixen wrote:
The lack of standard co-op leagues (G/B G/D etc.) Is upsetting. I would at least make them an option to sign up for. The worst that could happen is they would not get enough sign ups to run, but at least it was their for the people who wanted them. Who knows, maybe I am the only one who wants them.

Understood. The short answer: we can't run every league every season. I think for every league that gets left out, there is probably at least one person who would have wanted it. But if you put up 100 leagues for preliminary sign-ups, 95 of them won't get enough sign-ups and it ends up being a waste of time.
BowlZ  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

are the co-op/FB/OMB leagues going to be for standard play only I hope? The notes mention keyboards are fair game but Pro Mode isn't included unless its a Pro league, right?

''First Ever'' is needlessly redundant and its never acceptable to use more than 3 exclamation points...
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: BowlZ
singemfrc  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sixen wrote:
Yes that is the worst that could happen and that is exactly the reason it wasn't done that way. Due to low signups and high dropouts in previous seasons, it has become necessary to consolidate leagues with low support. At a certain point it becomes harmful to put too many different combinations in prelims, because it dilutes the numbers of other leagues and makes it more difficult to determine which leagues should run. If we were doing 3 or 4 rounds of prelims that would be OK, but we are only doing one so really I think there's too many prelim leagues listed as it is.

BowlZ wrote:
are the co-op/FB/OMB leagues going to be for standard play only I hope? The notes mention keyboards are fair game but Pro Mode isn't included unless its a Pro league, right?
Read the league descriptions carefully, the rules are laid out for each one. For Coop, it's roulette. For Rock Band FB it's any four instruments. For GH FB, it's four players with at least three different instruments (so that duplicates are allowed but either bass or vocals must be included). For OMB you must play all possible parts, so if the song has a key part you must play keys, although keys-on-guitar is allowed.

Pro mode is only for leagues clearly marked as pro leagues. In pro leagues it must be used and in all others it cannot be used. This includes Coop and Full Band. Pro instruments will not be possible to be selected in Roulette leagues.
Deschain  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

singemfrc wrote:
For Rock Band FB it's any four instruments.

Does that include enabling AIM and doing a G/D/B/K setup, which would be a tad more advantageous on songs such as, say, Freebird?
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Deschain9 PSN Name: Deschain9
blingdomepiece  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deschain wrote:
singemfrc wrote:

Does that include enabling AIM and doing a G/D/B/K setup, which would be a tad more advantageous on songs such as, say, Freebird?

I guess if we don't prohibit AIM then local bands will have an insurmountable advantage, meaning we'd probably better require the vocalist. I'll see if any of the others disagree.

EDIT: Probably need to ban harmonies too :-P
singemfrc  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deschain wrote:
singemfrc wrote:

blingdomepiece wrote:
I guess if we don't prohibit AIM then local bands will have an insurmountable advantage, meaning we'd probably better require the vocalist. I'll see if any of the others disagree.

EDIT: Probably need to ban harmonies too :-P
We've decided that AIM and Harmonies will not be allowed for RB Full Band.
PlatStrat  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the Guitar DLC league, is it all DLC or just DLC released after RB3?
anonymous_25  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This post has been deleted.
blingdomepiece  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DeftrockX3 wrote:
I'm sure it's open to all DLC. I don't think RB3 only DLC has enough variety for G,B,V,& D.

Yeah I don't see a reason to exclude "general platform" DLC... we just wouldn't pick exports, or RBN.
singemfrc  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PlatStrat wrote:
For the Guitar DLC league, is it all DLC or just DLC released after RB3?
Its all DLC available to that game excluding imports, RBN, and console specific songs if any.
MWcw709  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in on both Solo Vocals for RB3. I can do them on any system right?

Get your Portable ID!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: MWcw709 PSN Name: MWcw709
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: