FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Oddities regarding the RB 3 engine
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Xepher850  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Contrary to all the hate this game's engine has been getting, I love it. If any of you noticed, after RB3, all my FC's and my skill level just sort of shot up. I'm still sort of riding that, but I just find it a lot easier and more fun to play. I was having a little calibration troubles at first, but then I read up and discovered that adding 20 MS to your audio and video settings from RB2 would give you a good calibration. I play on a regular TV, none of that fancy HD stuff, and I have NO calibration problems whatsoever anymore.

MY ROCK BAND DRUM ACCOMPLISHMENTS
Will not remove from my signature until the whole debut album from Periphery is released as DLC
Nubnut  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya I have to say when I got my calibration figured out the engine started to seem really loose as I've sightread FC'ed a good deal of songs, some of which had some very chokable parts (for example stuff like Antibodies which had random fills all over the place at the end, and I could've sworn i missed two notes).

That being said I have to echo what Puppetmaster said, and there's something odd about really fast rolls. Some of them I can hit with ease, others I can't hit at all. It could just be the weird angle of the fretboard though.
"THERE IS A DREAM I AM LIVING
THERE IS A LIFE I AM DREAMING OF"
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Gavesit
tehghn00b  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quite honestly, I'm not a fan of the engine in the least. I'll mess with the calibration a little more, but it seems to me like the 360 version has problems as opposed to the PS3 version of the game. That's just me, and it's probably untrue, but it's my theory.

My Custom Songs!
Click here to see the best videos EVAR
g1zstar  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally I think it's because you guys are used to RB2. I played RB2 barely and when I moved to RB3 I didn't really have a problem and started doing better. Something did change though that's for sure but it wasn't anything major.
LiveFreeOrDont  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

personally i think the RB3 engine is easier. i have never had to calibrate and am still set at 0/0 for RB3.

it could possibly be because i had my ions replaced just prior to RB3 being released (23 months into a 2 year warrantee). i had completely forgotten just how bouncy and responsive they are when new

oh. quick correction i had to calibrate for RB:GD but rather than take the time to get it right i just exported to RB2 and traded it in.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: