FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Potential Paul McCartney RB DLC/New Video Game?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
xGaberadex  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:47 pm    Post subject: Potential Paul McCartney RB DLC/New Video Game? Reply with quote

This is about as much information I can find on the subject (I encourage anyone to post anything else if they can find any), but I found this pretty interesting nonetheless...

http://www.pop-gamer.com/2012/01/paul-mccartney-experimenting-on-video-game-music/

Something that's worth reading as well, thanks bclare!

Thoughts?

Last edited by xGaberadex on Sun Mar 25, 2012 3:06 am; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: The Gaberade PSN Name: The_Gaberade
Steadysphere  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think it'll be an RB game to be honest, considering that it has no mentions of it being specific to that platform. I don't think it'd be a particularly exciting prospect if it was either :/

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Packs have been repeatedly misconstrued as a game in the past from gaming-naive journalists, so I always assume a pack when these come up.

But he could also just be composing a soundtrack for an non-music video game.
Icemage  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see no reason to assume it's a music game, either. Mainstream artists sometimes do music for video games or other media (movies, for instance), and sometimes it works, and more often it doesn't.

That said, Paul McCartney isn't exactly known as an instrumental composer like Jeremy Soule, or Danny Elfman, or even DeadMau5. I find it difficult to envision any video game that could incorporate his preferred style of music without actually being about the music (a la The Beatles Rock Band). Then again, I also think TBRB, GDRB, and especially GH:Van Halen and the Black Eyed Peas Experience are cautionary tales that would make anyone pull the plug on a "Paul McCartney: The Video Game" before it ever got started.
GregoryZero  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And now the article is gone. :U

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GregoryZero wrote:
And now the article is gone. :U
Thanks for the heads-up, I found a more in-depth article to replace the old one.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Icemage wrote:
I find it difficult to envision any video game that could incorporate his preferred style of music without actually being about the music (a la The Beatles Rock Band).

Are you familiar with anything that Paul McCartney has released post-Wings? Because he really has branched out and done a lot of different things, it's just that everyone still thinks of Paul McCartney music = Beatles and maybe Wings. The Fireman is his electronic music project, and I think the 2008 album Electric Arguments is actually really good. The previous two Fireman albums were all instrumental.

The idea of a "music game" can also be much broader than just RB/GH, or composing music for a game soundtrack. I'll refer you to a good recent Kotaku article here.
GregoryZero  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really neat to see someone like McCartney have interest in something like this. Even though he's most likely doing the soundtrack for a game, I kinda hope that it is something to do with a rhythm game. Also, this German translation is fucking terrible.

Article wrote:
As long as it’s not another Beatles Rock Band.

They act as if TB:RB was bad.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GregoryZero wrote:
Article wrote:

I'd love another Beatles Rock Band :<.
2015/09/20 The date I became Free Bird #200

@ataeaf=My Twitter. RB Accomps. GH Accomps. Nobody reads them.
voidedalive2x wrote:
of COURSE it's doable, you ninny! Don't you cop out on me now!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: WorthBestGamer
xGaberadex  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

expertwin wrote:
GregoryZero wrote:
Article wrote:

I'd love another Beatles Rock Band :<.
Along with the entire Beatles catalogue and PRO-upgrades Which probably won't happen, but I can dream a little :P

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xGaberadex wrote:
Along with the entire Beatles catalogue and PRO-upgrades Which probably won't happen, but I can dream a little :P

Dude. Keys on some of these songs....I mean, I'd oay anything to get that :<

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I'd probably be more excited for Keys, but that's probably because I don't have a pro guitar. However, upgrades/exports for the on disc songs would probably get me to play a lot of the songs again. To be honest, it really isn't worth putting in Beatles just to play a few songs on guitar. >__>

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GregoryZero wrote:
I think I'd probably be more excited for Keys, but that's probably because I don't have a pro guitar. However, upgrades/exports for the on disc songs would probably get me to play a lot of the songs again. To be honest, it really isn't worth putting in Beatles just to play a few songs on guitar. >__>

Keys would be really cool, but the hands down best thing about Beatles RB was always the vocals.
Everybody likes Boston on some level. They're like a soul detector. Most people don't know this, but vampire hunters carry a Talkboy containing a snippet of More Than A Feeling. Anyone who doesn't smile when they hear it gets staked on the spot. It works flawlessly.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: