FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
New Charts Are Here!!! (w/ Pro Keys)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DarylZero  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dudextr, out of curiosity, if you go to http://tmullin.net/ does it properly redirect you to http://site.tmullin.net:81/ (the page merely says "tmullin.net" if it loads), or does it hang? and if it hangs what kind of setup do you have, os/browser/internet connection.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DarylZero wrote:

It properly redirects me to the correct website with the text displayed. It may have been an issue with generating the charts, seeing as I could navigate around the entirety of the other sections of the website perfectly fine.

Thanks for the fun times Scorehero, I will never forget you.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Stuff24
DarylZero  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the short (possible) explanation is once you submit a request to generate a chart, the url you go to is
Code:

http://site.tmullin.net:81/ipather/selectchart.php?path=alive&insts[diff]=expert&insts[guitar][enabled]=true&insts[bass][enabled]=true&insts[bass][diff]=hard&insts[drums][diff]=hard&insts[drums][enabled]=prodrums&insts[vocals][enabled]=vocals&insts[vocals][diff]=medium&insts[keys][enabled]=&submit=Get+Chart

for example, but i redirect you to a nicer url
Code:

http://site.tmullin.net:81/ipather/charts/mvocals_xguitar_hbass_hprodrums/alive_mvocals_xguitar_hbass_hprodrums_blank.png

previously, i had the redirect go to http://tmullin.net/ipather/..., which was supposed to resulted in a 2nd redirect to http://site.tmullin.net:81/ipather/...
that 2nd redirect is controlled by my DNS service, not me, and doesn't always work apparently and is really unnecessary anyway so i removed it so it redirects to the proper URL the first time.

kind of a lot of technical stuff that most people probably don't care about, but anyway glad it's working.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you aware of missing charts? There are a couple I've run into, most recently Saints Of Los Angeles I can't find. Tame by The Pixies also not there.
DarylZero  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I was actually missing 128 songs but I should be up to date now.

In other news, vocal scoring is now displayed in an amortized fashion instead of when the game would award it to you. That is, instead of displaying the 1000 at the end of the phrase, it is distributed among the notes of the phrase, like how kawigi does for his path stats. As with kawigi's, it assumes points are distributed evenly among the ticks of the notes, which is not actually the case in-game but is much simpler to approximate. Note there is some roundoff error due to this that I have not yet solved (but it's minor enough I probably won't worry about it).

Note that the above only applies to solo vocals. I have not yet determined how I want to apply that to harmonies.

Also, notes that would be under a drum fill's crash hit and would not earn points are indicated along with the rest of the points that would not be earned under the drum fill.

You may notice a Get PathStats button next to the Get Chart button. I will be providing more detail when I am sufficiently ready for that ;)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi DZ

great stuff you have here. was wondering, any chance for an alternate output mode radio button that would copy rubydanger style?

example: http://imgur.com/sGWoV

i find the that the round cymbal shapes are very nice and solid for eyes to follow when practicing on drumset. when you draw slightly bolder lines in the middle of other lines currently with ipather, i have a feeling it is difficult to keep track while playing. well until you eventually learn the song of course.

on other note, i'm also noticing it is not possible to have lyrics without the vocal track? that's also demonstrated on the rubydanger chart above which i think works quite well. with the vocal track included on chart it becomes quite cluttered if i'm only practicing drums.
GanonMetroid  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't know if you already covered this, but I tried to generate a chart for Smoke on the Water H Pro Keys, and it gave me the chart fine, but no overdrive phrases were marked. I tried a couple other songs and got the same thing.

Videos. Guitar Hero accomplishments. Rock Band accomplishments. GH customs.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: vVv Ganon PSN Name: PanOfMopsicle ICQ Number
DarylZero  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lkravovicz, I think you're referring to how I draw cymbal notes with an outline, unlike the plain pad notes. In Guitar Hero there is no distinction between cymbals and pads but there must be in RB pro mode since they use the same color. If I were to simply draw RB cymbal notes as a full circle, there would be overlap of notes. To avoid that I would have to rework much of my drawing code.

As far as lyrics, I could look into that, but consider that the chart you linked does not have any point information below the measures. If I added lyrics I would have to increase the gap between rows, which may or may not make much of a difference.

GanonMetroid, thanks, I have corrected this issue. Basically easy/medium/hard pro keys use the OD and solo markers of the expert track instead of having their own, which would be redundant. Of course during testing I only checked using expert.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dude your pathstats don't work the black parade you got up to measure 10 for Drums and Pro Drums don't show up. I get this error for band path stats on the same song.

Code:
Failed to create stats, exit code was 0x0021 (33). Error details below:

Unable to generate path stats: java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at net.tmullin.ipather.MidiMsgInfo.getRealTime(MidiMsgInfo.java:26)
   at net.tmullin.ipather.Chart.getRealTime(Chart.java:298)
   at net.tmullin.ipather.PathStats.getDrumAct(PathStats.java:346)
   at net.tmullin.ipather.PathStats.doStats(PathStats.java:243)
   at net.tmullin.ipather.PathStats.main(PathStats.java:140)

Get your Portable ID!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: MWcw709 PSN Name: MWcw709
woozerkristen  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm getting the same error on trying to pull path stats. It either gives just a few measures or an error.

Thanks, though, very much for your work into getting this running. This has been INCREDIBLY helpful!

Vocalist/Guitarist/Bassist for The PermaRockers | Vocalist/Bassist/Pather for Now-Retired Band Interrobang! | Interrobang! Full Band Vids/Solo Vox Vids on YouTube | Facebook | Twitter | Solo Accomplishments Thread
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: woozerkristen
DarylZero  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dudes, the error MWcw709 posted would occur when there was a drum fill indicated in the MIDI file before there were any OD notes that could be hit. If you look at the chart for the black parade you can see what I'm talking about. I have corrected this.

I think the same underlying issue also caused truncated stats in some cases instead of displaying an error. If you have more problems, please post the URL from your address bar so I can track down what's causing the problem.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me first off say your charts are awesome and I use them all the time and I'm super grateful! THANKS!

I just noticed today that on The Killing Moon pro keys part (at least) that the third to last overdrive phrase is incorrectly marked. It should be a unison bonus phrase rather than a regular one. Just thought I'd point that out!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sycocoaster, just to make sure, have you confirmed that in game? that would mean OD phrases are unison if the markers only end at exactly the same time. currently i am assuming they must start and end at exactly the same time. in this case the OD for pro keys starts in m147 but the other instruments starts in m148 but they both end at the same time.
http://site.tmullin.net:81/ipather/charts/xguitar_xbass_xprokeys/thekillingmoon_xguitar_xbass_xprokeys_blank.png

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I look at the Saturday Night's Alright path, the x2 already starts after two notes

http://site.tmullin.net:81/ipather/charts/xprokeys/saturdaynightsalright_xprokeys_blank.png

It should start after 10 notes instead, I don't know if that happens on others charts?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: McDuboff
ProffessorJoe  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iggy-Sparks wrote:
When I look at the Saturday Night's Alright path, the x2 already starts after two notes

http://site.tmullin.net:81/ipather/charts/xprokeys/saturdaynightsalright_xprokeys_blank.png

It should start after 10 notes instead, I don't know if that happens on others charts?

Thats because he is assuming that each note counts towards the multiplier instead of a chord counting as one. However you are correct that it should start on the 10th note, reguardless of chords, as easily noticeable in this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_R0wiFxZwuk

I'm sure he will fix this in a future update.
Go there for videos of Over Rated R Us featuring the amazing RJUCPU!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: PR0FFESS0RJ0E
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

Jump to: