FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
New Charts Are Here!!! (w/ Pro Keys)
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DarylZero  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:30 am    Post subject: New Charts Are Here!!! (w/ Pro Keys) Reply with quote

http://site.tmullin.net:81/ipather/
I'm ready for people to start using my site to get blank charts. You can select any instrument/difficulty combination (except harmonies).

Note the first time anyone accesses a given chart it will take a few extra seconds since the charts are generated on-demand.

Please report errors. Include the URL and copy/paste any error message.

I don't have quite all the DLC up there. If you can assist with that, PM me please.

I may add harmonies at some point, but wanted to get the main stuff working first.

original post about vocal stuff below
----------------------------------------
As I continue my pursuit for blank chart domination, I'd like some feedback on my vocal charts. I've made more significant changes to my vocal charts over ajanata's compared to changes with the other charts.

- I have estimated scores for the charts (granted scores are easy to figure out for vocals anyway, but this will help later when I make multi-part charts)
- I draw the number of seconds of the actual activation window, I think ajanata draws the note-to-note time, which is greater than the time you actually have to activate since it's from the end of the last note until the start of the next phrase and not the next note
- I don't draw lines where there aren't phrases
- I draw percussion notes like kick notes as black circles and draw what I think is the solo section blue like guitar solos (I assume the solo section starts at the beginning of the phrase of the first percussion note and ends at the end of the phrase containing the last percussion note)
- I draw connected syllables (slanted note tubes, whatever you call them) and don't draw + lyrics
- I indicate talkies by drawing them thicker and don't draw #

As far as scoring/percussion bonuses I'm using this thread as my reference. after actually playing and checking, each percussion note seems to be worth 100 points (assuming you get 100%), not 125.

Something I'm not sure about is activation windows mid-phrase when there's a large enough gap. Is that the same when there's 600 ms between notes?

Last edited by DarylZero on Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:59 pm; edited 5 times in total
xGaberadex  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your links don't work, just thought I'd let ya know

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think there was some hiccup with my DNS last night, they seem to work now.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's pretty cool that you're doing vox charts also. Two comments/requests/suggestions:

1) Any chance of harmony charts?

2) Can you change so the percussion taps look more like taps instead of orange bars? That's a purely visual thing but it would make them look a little nicer.
DarylZero  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bump for making my site live. Please refer to the first post as well.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DarylZero wrote:
Bump for making my site live. Please refer to the first post as well.
LOVE the new interface!

Only two things bug me, both on vocals. The taps looking like drum kicks is just bizarre. Any way you could make them a round centered circle or something similar to the in game display?

The other thing is the way talkies are displayed, its a little close to the look of regular pitch phrases.

Bookmarked!
DarylZero  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i actually changed the tap notes to be black circles since the other post. i could probably make talkies fill the entire height of the grid like they do in game. i just found it interesting that they still mapped talkies to particular midi pitches even though they're talkies.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh cool I like how the taps look now, that's great!
MWcw709  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

great job i like it

Get your Portable ID!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: MWcw709 PSN Name: MWcw709
GanonMetroid  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It craps out trying to do full band for long songs like Free Bird and Roundabout. A chunk of the end of the song is just blank.

Videos. Guitar Hero accomplishments. Rock Band accomplishments. GH customs.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: vVv Ganon PSN Name: PanOfMopsicle ICQ Number
DarylZero  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GanonMetroid, when you say craps out, was there a specific error message? also, at one point last night I broke anything that had vocals but I have since corrected it.

if you try to view freebird full band in your browser, there is a good chance the browser will fail to display it since it's 37k pixels high (roundabout is like 42k). for long songs you may need to save the image and view it with windows image viewer. it seems fine for me when i do that (with win7's image viewer at least).

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice site! Keep up the good work!

I check ajanata's site almost on a daily basis. I'll add yours to the list. Hopefully either, or both of you, will start adding the newer dlc.
Icemage  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any thoughts on if/how to support pro instruments (drums is probably the easiest, guitar/bass/keys are probably incredibly difficult)?

Harmonies could be tricky, too.

Also, I believe vox activations are still 600ms; aside from mid-phrase windows, I haven't seen any new ones appear, or any "known" activations vanish.

I can confirm that vox percussions are worth 100 per tap on an FC, not 125. RB1 and RB2 gave you 25 points per tap, then 100 per tap as the section bonus. RB3 no longer gives the 25 points per tap - only the ending bonus of 100 per tap.
EaterOfCheese  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Found an error of some sort. I'm not very good with code, so not sure went wrong.

Code:

Failed to create chart, exit code was 0x002A (42). Error details below:

Unable to parse midi file
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: fromKey > toKey
   at java.util.TreeMap$NavigableSubMap.(TreeMap.java:1240)
   at java.util.TreeMap$AscendingSubMap.(TreeMap.java:1677)
   at java.util.TreeMap.subMap(TreeMap.java:862)
   at net.tmullin.ipather.MidiMsgInfo.getRealTime(MidiMsgInfo.java:22)
   at net.tmullin.ipather.Midi.doRbVocals(Midi.java:675)
   at net.tmullin.ipather.Midi.readRb(Midi.java:169)
   at net.tmullin.ipather.ChartPainter.main(ChartPainter.java:128)

Had the Expert default difficulty radio button selected, had the checkmarks for drums and vocals selected, the easy radio buttons selected for drums and vocals, and disable keyboards radio button selected. The song was flirtin with disaster.

Through some experimentation, I found the difficulty of vocals and drums can be changed and it still errors, as can the default difficulty. Unselecting drums and vocals and selecting bass or guitar makes no difference. If I leave them all blank, I get a different screen, which also doesn't seem to work.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Icemage
is scoring for pro drums actually different? if not there is less incentive to do the extra work just to draw the cymbal gems. pro guitar/bass i have no plans to touch at all, i mean how many FCs are there anyway. as far as parsing the pro keys from the midi, that's really not much harder than regular keys. the hard part was getting extended sustains working, which was necessary for regular keys in the first place. coming up with drawing pro key charts in a nice way might be a little challenging however.

i am making progress toward drawing harmonies, but how is the scoring different? is it like 1000 * #parts in the phrase per phrase?

when you say "aside from mid-phrase windows" you make it sound like the mid-phrase gap for a window to appear is different from inter-phrase gap. do you know if that's the case?

for scoring in general, i suppose for now i will focus on making it match whatever RB3 does since that is the current incarnation of the game. that means any non-exportable songs will use whatever the scoring is for RB3, but i don't think that's too big a deal.

@EaterOfCheese
i found the bug that was causing that error and have corrected it. it was related to something in the vocals of flirting with disaster that i had not previously accounted for. since i currently parse all instrument parts from the midi when a chart is generated regardless of the requested instruments, that error appeared for that song no matter the combination.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: