FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
New Charts Are Here!!! (w/ Pro Keys)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
malictus  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DarylZero wrote:
in other news, i have added pro keys charts.

THANKS!!! I know this must have taken a ton of work!

Of course, I'm already thinking how awesome it would be if we could turn this into 'real' sheet music in an automated way.
DarylZero  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i was going on http://creators.rockband.com/docs/Pro_Keyboard_Authoring
Quote:

- Glissandos work by turning off the scoring system for any notes below a glissando marker. This means, that all the player really has to do is hit any notes within the marker to be scored for it.

but clearly at 49 seconds the score increases during the gliss section for all 8 notes, not 1 as i surmised.

i suppose i misinterpreted "turning off the scoring system" to mean you don't get points when what it really means is you can hit any note, not just the charted note, and still get points. it does say "to be scored for it" but considering the ambiguity of the first part of the sentence, i wasn't sure.

in any event i have corrected it.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've updated the auto-complete list when typing a song name so that the actual song name and artist are shown instead of the internal midi name (though once you select the song the internal name is still shown in the text box). Should make it easier to find the song you want and know whether you're picking a cover or the original for example.

Also some more DLC should be available thanks to ajanata.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TBRBDLC, other than ARM, still isn't working.

I also noticed that mid-phrase windows aren't being drawn until after the first phrase ends -- they could come into play if you were doing a chapter challenge. I don't think you're drawing the window after the end of the last phrase either...
internetguy87  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Daryl, quick question for you.

I am not an expert (or even a beginner) on extracting the charts from the game in order to do this kind of stuff. In your work or program is there ever a point where you have the data of the vocal scores breakdown/measure.

This is data that is not currently available for RB3 that would be great to have, I simply don't know if Kawigi used to have to find it another way, or if it's something you and ajanata have both come across, but simply don't include in the charts.

Thanks!

I play my game online
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Yahoo Messenger PSN Name: internetguy87
DarylZero  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

internetguy87, if you're talking about a way in which I could make a text/CSV file containing score/od/etc. data for each measure, like Kawigi's (which I don't fully understand), it is the kind of thing that is within the realm of the reasonably possible, though it falls into the category of "when I have time," more-so than other features I suppose.

It's a matter of me taking a long look at kawigi's stuff to understand what data is in there in the first place and figure out how to get it into that format from what I have in an automated fashion.

Most of the TBRB DLC midis had 8kb of junk before the MThd header. I was able to remove it and they seem to be working now, except for hermajesty, which consisted only of this 8kb of junk. I will have to ask ajanata about that.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Several of them still aren't working. Coincidentally (it's not a coincidence) they're also the ones that apathtoofar doesn't have...
DarylZero  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

a few curious things with some tbrb dlc which were leading to other errors
- most songs have no EVENT track
- most songs have no BEAT track (wasn't actually causing errors since some RB3 songs don't have a BEAT track either, which i already accounted for)
- "because" has a PART DRUMS track, which has all of 1 apparently meaningless note, but doesn't actually have a part (inferring from the dta file)

beyond that, i naturally checked only one of the songs at random when i said "they seem to be working fine now," which happened to be the one that really did work fine.

now they really all seem to be working (except hermajesty of course)

you had mentioned about activation windows getting cut off if the lyric extends past a talkie indicator, specifically m68 of centerfold. i wonder if that is related to scroll speed somehow. the length of a lyric (i mean the actual characters) when i draw it in a png has no relation to the length of a lyric (again actual characters) when RB draws it on screen, it would just be a matter of font metrics i suppose and if that is the case i'm not sure if that can be reasonably accounted for.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's no beat track? That's weird? Mr. Mustard has a beat-track change at m74, and Polypam has a beat-track change at m58. It'd really screw somebody up who didn't know they were there... Back when I first tried to path this song (for solo guitar, since apath didn't have it), ajanata's charts didn't draw a beat-track either, but now they're there.

In drums in rb3, you can't hit the notes underneath the drum triggers, right? So shouldn't the measures after the drum fill also have a 2nd number for how much the measure would be worth if there's a fill?
DarylZero  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's looking more like the tbrb dlc midis i have are corrupted, considering ajanata has her majesty as well as beat lines for mr. mustard, and i suppose that 8kb of junk was a red flag.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

talked to ajanata and my tbrb dlc midis were definitely bad. i believe i've gotten it sorted out.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is the site down or something right now? I can navigate my way through everything, but can't seem to generate a single chart for anything. I've asked a number of others and they're on the same boat as me. What's going on?

Thanks for the fun times Scorehero, I will never forget you.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Stuff24
DarylZero  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so http://site.tmullin.net:81/ipather/songlisting.php loads fine but when you submit, what happens exactly? blank page/timeout, an error, what?. what is the exact URL in your address bar after submitting?

can you view a direct link to an existing chart ok?
http://site.tmullin.net:81/ipather/charts/xguitar/oceans_xguitar_blank.png

if you use http://site.tmullin.net:81/ipather/songlisting.php to request a chart that is known to already be generated, i.e. xguitar for oceans, does that work (it should immediately redirect to the above png link with no wait time since it doesn't have to generate it)?

i tried accessing my site via http://proxy.org/cgi_proxies.shtml and had no trouble.

Last edited by DarylZero on Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
DarylZero  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

actually, i did notice one little possible thing that might, under certain circumstances, affect the redirecting to the png file and have changed it. so hopefully that was related to your issue but since i never personally saw the issue i can't really tell.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well whatever it was it seems to be fixed now. What would happen was I would go to select a chart (let's say the Hardest Button to Button to path for the leagues) and I wouldn't select an instrument so it would give me the select an instrument(s) and difficulty screen. I would try and select bass and expert, but when I hit the get chart button, absolutely nothing would happen and it would eventually say "The connection to the server has been reset" or something along those lines. I guess it doesn't matter anymore since the issues seem to have resolved themselves, but it was kind of annoying having to use Kawigi's charts which show no union bonuses when viewing solo charts.

Anyways, thanks for hosting this site, it's amazing and I'm sure most of (if not all of) the pathers appreciate it.

Thanks for the fun times Scorehero, I will never forget you.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Stuff24
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7

Jump to: