FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
New Charts Are Here!!! (w/ Pro Keys)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ajanata  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I'm way behind on dumping the DLC. I've been busy/ill/lazy/out of town. ;) I'll get caught up for sure this weekend, then it's just a matter of everybody else updating as well.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I've noticed is that your Pro drums charts don't have the disco flip songs unflipped.
DarylZero  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aww don't make me look through the event cues... :p but give me a list of songs and ill look into it. and remind me what the disco flip does and what i should be doing to correct it.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DarylZero wrote:
I've added pro drum charts, let me know if the way I'm drawing cymbal notes is adequate.
The shape is perfect! The only problem is that the little line in the middle of the note is so light, you cant tell yellow toms from yellow cymbals.
Hobo111  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DarylZero wrote:
and remind me what the disco flip does and what i should be doing to correct it.
It flips some disco beats to red to make them easier to play on the normal 4 piece RB kit, but in Pro, they get switched back to the yellow cymbal.
r0bd0g  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was playing centerfold on solo vox yesterday, and I noticed a really, really tiny mid-phrase window amongst some talkies. I forget where it was, but you'll probably know what I mean when you see it. Any ideas on why it's there?

And these whole thing about harmony talkies not being scored - I haven't noticed it.... Are you sure?
ajanata  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ajanata wrote:
I'll get caught up for sure this weekend

I'm not putting this off week after week intentionally, I swear! -_-

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@r0bd0g
http://site.tmullin.net:81/ipather/charts/xvocals/centerfold_xvocals_blank.png
if you're talking about measure 81, the gap is 0.619 seconds and assuming the minimum gap is 0.6 seconds then there is an activation window. the actual visible length of the window in-game is shorter than this, the exact value is unknown but perhaps 50-100ms is taken off each end of the window.

whip it
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UwYI32Dc_RM
1st phrase harm1 is a talkie and harm2 is sung and gets 1100 points implying that harm1 being a talkie is irrelevant.
2nd phrase both are sung and you get 1100, which is not a surprise.

a little later there are several phrases where both harm1 and harm2 are talkies but you only get 1000 points, implying that if harm2 is a talkie it is ignored
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UwYI32Dc_RM#t=00m49s

in i am the walrus in TBRB, several phrases have harm1 sung and harm2 talkies and are scored at 1000 points as well
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bBI0PSg-Sc#t=00m59s

in the one phrase where both parts are sung you get 1100 as expected
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bBI0PSg-Sc#t=01m22s

however later there are phrases where harm1 and harm2 are both talkies and no points are given
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bBI0PSg-Sc#t=03m31s

therefore my conclusion is that if harm2 or harm3 consists entirely of talkies for a given phrase they do not give any bonus points and if harm1 is all talkies for a particular phrase it gets scored normally for RB3 but gets no points for TBRB, i don't know about GDRB (all of my charts currently assume RB3's method of scoring talkies, including TBRB charts, which is incorrect).

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nah, not that... I'll look in-game....

OK, it's after "the pages from my mind are stripped". The gap is large enough to make a window appear, but the lyric "stripped" continues long after the actual talkie, and shortens the window by almost half, I'd say. To account for that "padding" might mean to have to take into account the length of the text? People are sleeping upstairs, so I couldn't try and see if maybe it's possible to pop the window before the actual visual cue.

EDIT: Also, I selected drums on dear prudence, but it gave me pro drums instead.

EDIT EDIT: I don't get why Walrus was included as an example, because in TBRB no talkies are ever scored. Anyway, I'm still not seeing it. The last phrase of before I forget, for example, is both lead and harmony talkies, and I'm getting 4400.
Beez808  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another tweak that can be made; It's not possible to activate while any talkies are present, Harmony part or otherwise.

I noticed this mostly in Caught in a Mosh.

Also, to reiterate, Talkies are not scored in Beatles or in Green Day. They are scored normally in RB3 (i.e. 1000 base points or 100 base harmony points).

If I notice anything else, I'll pass it along.

Drummer and Path-Man for Drunk n Hammock (RB2 scores)
DarylZero  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fixed pro drums always being shown when regular drums were selected. also some (or maybe all, who knows) drum charts were being treated as though the last fill was a BRE and not getting scored correctly. i believe i've corrected this.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i've unflipped songs with disco flip for pro drums. one thing i'm not sure about is if there is ever a situation where the yellow note should not be a cymbal when unflipped on pro drums, i'm sort of assuming it's always a cymbal during disco flip sections by definition.

also there is some new dlc available thanks to the assistance of edisinsane.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Charts look great.

One other thing about Harmony launch windows that needs attention; launch pads seem to be following an algorithm used for Solo Vox and are displaying improperly.

I know it'll be a bit more work but, perhaps something which would display which side of the highway can launch? For example, top half highlighted for a top window launchpad and bottom half for a bottom window launchpad:

Something like that would be ideal.

Drummer and Path-Man for Drunk n Hammock (RB2 scores)
DarylZero  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

od activation windows for harmonies are in fact drawn only accounting for the harm1 part. one of those if i get around to it things... ;)

in other news, i have added pro keys charts. at least my first crack at it. they are a bit unwieldy since the whole 24 note range is displayed at all times. at some point i may figure out a nice looking way to use the shift markers to only display the visible range at any given time but there are various challenges to making that work.

i drew the notes as small as i felt was still reasonably visible while not making the chart unnecessarily gigantic.

the colored grid lines correspond to the black keys in the given color range (the black lines on the top and bottom are just for consistency with the borders on other charts but they correspond to the highest and lowest C).

pro key notes seem to be worth 60 points each and 30 points per held beat. i am assuming pro solos give bonus points in the same was as other solos.

glissando sections are highlighted red like drum fills and it is my understanding they are not scored.

Roundabout X Pro Keys for example.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DarylZero wrote:

glissando sections are highlighted red like drum fills and it is my understanding they are not scored.

Roundabout X Pro Keys for example.

They are scored as evidenced here in this video around the 1 minute mark: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5JML277bwCM
Go there for videos of Over Rated R Us featuring the amazing RJUCPU!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: PR0FFESS0RJ0E
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7

Jump to: