FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Pro-Tar strings too sensitive or is it just me???

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheHammer417  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:39 am    Post subject: Pro-Tar strings too sensitive or is it just me??? Reply with quote

Are these strings ultra sensitive or something...?
I just played The Beautiful People on Expert Pro Bass...yes its very very easy...
but I kept breaking combo on the main riff....for some reason if i strum the string hard enough other strings will go off also breaking my combo...
Anyone else have these problems, or should I just be more 'gentle' on the strings..?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't encountered anything like this yet. I think you need to be a little more gentle, but then again I don't know how hard/soft you are playing.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

POKE-JJ wrote:
I haven't encountered anything like this yet. I think you need to be a little more gentle, but then again I don't know how hard/soft you are playing.

I should have clarified my post more lol..
I'm not like beating the crap out of it picking....but I pick decently hard...nothing out of the ordinary as far as when I've played a real guitar/bass... I'll just mess around and see what works..

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok its a fact, these strings are way too sensitive..

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have found with the pick that comes with the Mustang I sometimes strike too feebly and don't register a note, but when I switch to a stiffer pick I own I get overhits out of nowhere, which seems to match what you are having.
TheHammer417  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blingdomepiece wrote:
I have found with the pick that comes with the Mustang I sometimes strike too feebly and don't register a note, but when I switch to a stiffer pick I own I get overhits out of nowhere, which seems to match what you are having.

yeah I've tried a variety of different picks...
I'll use Du Hast for instance...
the little gallops in it I can't hit with a pick on this mustang to save my life, the 'strings' on it just don't seem to agree with it, they seem a little 'stiff' or something like that...yet when I use no pick I can combo it without a problem...on my real guitar I usually tend to use heavier picks, I think I use a 1.1 or so, but on the mustang it doesn't seem to like that lol...or maybe my technique just flat out sucks.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I got the same problem with my Mustang (between E and A string). I have made a small mod (aka "Paper towel mod") to reduce crass talks between strings : http://docsrockbandmods.netforums.us/viewtopic.php?t=4179

My Mustang works well now.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: