FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Songs to practice tapping?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
numnumm  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:54 pm    Post subject: Songs to practice tapping? Reply with quote

Was just curious if there was any songs to practice tapping? I dont have any DLC so thats out of the question, I have:
guitar hero 3
guitar hero smash hits
guitar hero 5
guitar hero warriors of rock
band hero
the beatles
rockband 2
rockband metal track pack
TheBlackRiver  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Godzilla on GH:SH is great, you can always make customs on ghtunes on the newer games, Theres also alot in gh3 you can practice on (and some guides to help you on gh3)
bclare  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

from the metal track pack: Waking the Demon, the BY and GR trills are good for tapping. Otherwise I'd recommend making GH custom songs
NfskMjmMal2  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Make customs if you can. There is a sequence you should follow, though. You want to start off easy and slowly increase the difficulty, because tapping is a difficult skill. Make the custom songs as slow as possible while they're still hammer-ons. Basically, you want a slow song you can actually succeed on, just make sure the notes aren't so slow that the game makes them strums. In this "program" (lol), once you've mastered the song you're on, move to the next one. If you're stuck on a song, go to the previous song and play it until it's extremely easy for you, then try again.

1. A song that consists only of a long trill that is the same two notes over and over again.
The most basic pattern to tap. Bringing your strumming hand up to the frets is extremely uncomfortable and awkward the first few times, so you want to start off with the absolutely easiest thing you can get.

2. A song that has a constant lower note, but the higher note changes.
You're still anchoring the same note throughout, but you're tapping different notes. I would suggest changing the upper note every 4 notes. For example, have the lower note be green the whole song. Then, have something like this: R R R R, Y Y Y Y, etc.

3. A song that has the same upper note the entire time, but the lower note changes.
For example, always tap orange or something the whole time, and for the lower note, have something like G G G G, R R R R, etc.

4. A song where both the upper and lower note change.
So, have like a GR trill, and after a little bit, have it change to a RY trill, then like a YB, etc. Slow, simple changes.

5. A song where you anchor the same note the entire time, but the upper note changes.
Yes, I realize this is exactly the same thing as song #2. However, realistically, when you tap, you're rarely going to tap every single note. You usually use a combination of your tapping finger and the other fingers on your fretting hand. On the first four, you should tap every note (not including the lower, anchored notes, obviously). On this one, practice the combination. Just play song #2 again. What you should do is tap the higher notes and use your fretting hand to hit the lower notes (since your pinky is probably your slowest finger). For example, you could try anchoring green, using your fretting hand to hit the red and yellow notes, and your tapping hand to hit the blue and orange notes. You don't have to do that, experiment to see what works for you.

If you can do all of that, try making the songs a little faster. But still that should be enough for you to be a solid tapper.
numnumm  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i should try these methods, thanks everyone.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: