FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Wow, this really is impossible, help please
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums
View previous topic :: View next topic  
metalhead633  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 3:00 am    Post subject: Wow, this really is impossible, help please Reply with quote

OK, one more song to beat until I am DONE with the hard drum career. This song is Run To The Hills, and I have deemed it impossible until I am given reason that it is not. If anybody has any advice I would greatly appreciate it because missing that big gong bang and an achievement because of one song is kind of aggrivating.
EarthVsMatt  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not impossible simply because people have done it.
airbakin  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Make friends with someone who plays real drums w/ halfway decent chops and the gong is yours....
Kataris  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you modded your drums at all?

Because if not, the stock drum set is shit, and hitting fast red notes is impossible.
Yeah, that's my thoughts exactly. Then it'll be, "Well, maybe I can press the pedal with my forehead..." I'd be in a full-body cast at that rate. I can just see myself all wrapped up on a hospital bed in the dark. "I'm...a...high...way...star..." *sniffle*
RawWS6  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kataris wrote:
Have you modded your drums at all?

Because if not, the stock drum set is shit, and hitting fast red notes is impossible.

No it is not impossible. I passed RTTH just fine on my stock set.

To the OP - just takes practice man. Save your OD until you NEED it. the less notes you have to play because of OD phrases, the less notes to make you fail. I think that is how I got through it the first time.
JoshNeff  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I beat it by hitting each note with the drum sticks. No rolls, no fancy tricks, just banging really fast. I barely scraped by, but doing rolls on expert songs--- that's another story.

[ ] 5/6 Star Expert Guitar (~125/137)
[x] finish expert drums
[x] FC DOA (with screaming correctly)
[x] expert vocals all beaten
[x] finish endless setlist (expert)
[x] 5* GGaHT
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Ant 612
Kataris  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry - hitting fast red notes consistently and keeping a combo is impossible on the stock set.

I was in the same boat as the OP, having trouble with RttH on hard, before I modded my drums. I couldn't get past the second part of the song.

The day I decided to listen to Deepbluevibe (sp?) and tape my red drum was the day I passed RttH.
Yeah, that's my thoughts exactly. Then it'll be, "Well, maybe I can press the pedal with my forehead..." I'd be in a full-body cast at that rate. I can just see myself all wrapped up on a hospital bed in the dark. "I'm...a...high...way...star..." *sniffle*
Imryel  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kataris wrote:
Sorry - hitting fast red notes consistently and keeping a combo is impossible on the stock set.

I was in the same boat as the OP, having trouble with RttH on hard, before I modded my drums. I couldn't get past the second part of the song.

The day I decided to listen to Deepbluevibe (sp?) and tape my red drum was the day I passed RttH.

Your stock set just sucks. I can keep a combo in run to the hills just fine
v0lum3  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JoshNeff wrote:
I beat it by hitting each note with the drum sticks. No rolls, no fancy tricks, just banging really fast. I barely scraped by, but doing rolls on expert songs--- that's another story.

I don't technically "roll" it on Expert... I just alternate sticking, the drums are too garbage to roll properly on.

But to the OP - keep at it, you'll get it... and go play something else for a bit, take a break, let your brain relax.
directshot999  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Imryel wrote:
Kataris wrote:

Your stock set just sucks. I can keep a combo in run to the hills just fine

I keep a combo in plenty rolls on my stock drumset. Rolls like In Bloom, Flirtin' With Disaster, and yes, Run to the Hills.
Kataris  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How new is your stock set?

I got mine the day the game came out, so that may have been the problem. I haven't played on any other set besides mine.
anonymous_103  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This post has been deleted.
RawWS6  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

deepbluevibes wrote:
RawWS6 wrote:

No it is not impossible. I passed RTTH just fine on my stock set.

directshot999 wrote:
I keep a combo in plenty rolls on my stock drumset. Rolls like In Bloom, Flirtin' With Disaster, and yes, Run to the Hills.

I guarentee both of you are on a EL model: see if the bottom of your yellow and blue drums are sealed, aka no holes on the bottom of them (besides screw holes).

I don't know what you mean by EL model. There are 3 holes on the underside of each of the yellow and blue. These three holes are all where the rubber stoppers come through.

There is a number with "OM" on the end of it on the little xbox pad thing.
GurnKiller  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you can see the rubber stoppers on the bottom of the yellow and blue pads, then you don't have the EL model.

Proud Carungiist - If you are a Carungiist, put this in your sig. Let's see how many Carungiists are on ScoreHero!
yakityyakblah wrote:
OMG it's called scorehero not shitty argument hero.

Author for RockGamer Studios
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: GurnKiller
Plaguefox  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's probably worth pointing out that there are multiple versions of the models. GurnKiller's EL model is different from mine slightly, and the QM replacement I got a few days ago is pretty significantly different from the QM set used in the pictures for the penny mod.

I should take a new set of pictures at some point to illustrate these differences.

For now, if you've got a set that won't let you roll (well, tap fast, I guess?) through Run to the Hills Hard without it missing a lot of your notes, I definitely agree with the recommendation to save overdrive. I haven't taped anything yet but that would probably help in the meantime. Absolutely above all else though make sure you're calibrated right; I blamed a lot of my misses on the pad when the real situation was that I was playing on the edge of the game's timing window because of my stodgy sound system.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: