FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
RB3 Patch 1.02 and vocals

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Icemage  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:21 pm    Post subject: RB3 Patch 1.02 and vocals Reply with quote

Hey folks, I just downloaded and tested Rock Band 3 patch 1.02 for PS3. Turned up my TV, plugged in 2 mics (my Shure Beta 58A / Blue Icicle + Logitech Vantage). Juiced the volume, put the Vantage right next to the TV, and tried it out.

- There is still no sensitivity setting that I can find.

- HOWEVER, vocal OD now seems to work properly. I was able to activate with just a moderate volume spike on my Shure microphone despite the Vantage getting hammered by the game audio.

- Haven't tested talkies or percussions.

- Still need to test with higher ambient volume and with other types of noise to be sure.

Still, the early result is VERY promising. Here's hoping Harmonix got it right this time.

Please post any experiences / problems you all have with the new patch once you get it.
PlexShaw  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have Harmonix published information on what the patch fixes?

And did you put the settings in the XMB related to the mic sensitivity back to the defaults before testing?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: PlexShaw PSN Name: PlexShaw Wii Friend Code: 5941308033072690
Icemage  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PlexShaw wrote:
Have Harmonix published information on what the patch fixes?

And did you put the settings in the XMB related to the mic sensitivity back to the defaults before testing?

There's no such thing as "default" on my Shure/Icicle. Basically have to crank the sensitivity on that microphone to near/max for it to register at all in RB2. RB3 lets me get away with less, however.
PlexShaw  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Icemage wrote:
There's no such thing as "default" on my Shure/Icicle. Basically have to crank the sensitivity on that microphone to near/max for it to register at all in RB2. RB3 lets me get away with less, however.

Ah right, sorry. I was talking more about the Logitech mics since that's what I mainly use and I thought I read that you had mess around with the XMB settings to get them to work more effectively in RB3 too. I'm looking at this from the point of view of a 360 user who has no way to adjust the mic sensitivity settings on the Dashboard.

Apparently the patch notes are up on the rockband.com but I'm currently at work, so I can't read them.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: PlexShaw PSN Name: PlexShaw Wii Friend Code: 5941308033072690
yaniv297  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The official post by HMXHenry doesn't mention any fix on that vocals issue.
wesker-kun  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hard OD activation and dead talkies glitch are still there
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: