FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
11/30/10 DLC: Lynyrd Skynyrd, Bad Company and 38 Special!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JCirri  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:51 am    Post subject: 11/30/10 DLC: Lynyrd Skynyrd, Bad Company and 38 Special! Reply with quote

Available on Xbox 360, Wii and PlayStation 3 (Nov. 30, 2010):

• Saturday Night Special by Lynyrd Skynyrd
    Chart previews:

• Sweet Home Alabama (Live) by Lynyrd Skynyrd
    Chart previews:

• Tuesday's Gone by Lynyrd Skynyrd
    Chart previews:

• What’s Your Name? by Lynyrd Skynyrd
    Chart previews:

• Hold On Loosely by 38 Special
    Chart previews:

• Can't Get Enough by Bad Company
    Chart previews:

(All tracks are original master recordings)
(These tracks will be available in Europe on PlayStation 3 system Dec. 1)

These tracks will be available for purchase as individual tracks, as well as “Lynyrd Skynyrd Pack 01” on Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 system and Wii. Specified tracks will include Pro Guitar and Pro Bass expansions for $0.99 per song.

Price:

$1.99 USD, £.99 UK, €1.49 EU (160 Microsoft Points) per song
$2.00 USD (200 Wii Points™) per song
$0.99 USD (100 Wii Points/80 Microsoft Points), £0.59 UK, €0.79 EU per song for eligible Pro Guitar/Pro Bass upgrade
$6.99, £3.49 UK, €5.29 EU (560 Microsoft Points, 700 Wii Points) for Lynyrd Skynyrd Pack 01

Rock Band Network

Due to popular vote, the following songs this week have been enabled for score-tracking:
  • (Do You Wanna Date My) Avatar by The Guild feat. Felicia Day (80 MSP)
    Chart previews:

• A Little Faster by There For Tomorrow (160 MSP)
    Chart previews:

• Bled To Be Free (The Operation) by RX Bandits (160 MSP)
    Chart previews:

Existing songs now available for PS3:
  • Rx by Wounded Soul ($0.99)
    Chart previews: Full Band

Note: As of this post, tracks marked with are available for PlayStation 3, and tracks marked with are available for Nintendo Wii. All others are currently exclusive to Rock Band 2 and Rock Band 3 on the Xbox 360

If you voted for one or more of these songs, update your votes by selecting new songs for next week!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Skynyrd pack is a blast on guitar

I'm amazed Sweet Home Alabama is devil tier though

FC Any Way You Want It - [-3]
FC Afterlife - [-10]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: Eccles Rose PSN Name: -
xX666Xx  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why is it STILL NOT on the UK Wii music store?!
machetemonkey  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, great week. The only songs I didn't have tons of fun with on guitar were Saturday Night Special and What's Your Name (the latter only because it's so similar to Gimme Three Steps, which I've played to the point of exhaustion).

Sweet Home Alabama is the same take as GH:WT, and imo I had more fun with this chart. They're very very similar, but for whatever reason I enjoyed it more here. The one section that everyone failed at their first try in GH:WT is authored differently, albeit just as failable. It's a testament to the superb enjoyability of the track that I failed TWICE at 81% on a 6+ minute song and was perfectly happy to play through it all again.

Tuesday's Gone is incredibly different from the GH:M guitar chart. Where GH:M switched from charting the mellotron, acoustic guitar, and electric guitar, the RB version sticks to the electric guitar all the way through. I still enjoyed it a lot just because I love the song, but it's a very different chart. If you hate the trill mechanics you won't like the first "guitar solo" (why it's marked as a guitar solo when it's under a piano solo and the section is even labeled "piano solo" is beyond me). Drums are still one of the most fun low-tempo songs ever, in my opinion. Lots of creative fills. Bass I haven't played but if it's anything like GH:M it'll be great, and Vocals couldn't possibly be bad with the addition of harmonies.

Bought everything this week and wasn't disappointed at all.

Edit: Played Sweet Home Alabama and Tuesday's gone back to back on standard expert keys. Insanely fun.
blingdomepiece  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like no Bad Company in the PS3 store.

Since I was not going to buy that one, no big deal personally, but others might care.
Snoman  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

one amazing week to DLC

every song is worth getting

Photobucket
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: XsnomanX PSN Name: Trueshadow000
xX666Xx  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I check the store again and still no sign of the songs on the UK Wii Music Store. STOP IGNORING US!!
ricecake  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blingdomepiece wrote:

Just saw the announcement:

hmxhenry wrote:
Bad Company's Can't Get Enough delayed on PS3 US

Hey gang,

We just got word from our Audio team that Bad Company's Can't Get Enough, initially scheduled to hit everywhere today, will be delayed on the PS3. This delay is US specific and should not affect PS3 users internationally.

This track is being resubmitted immediately and we'll post updates as soon as we get word about when we can expect this song to be released.

Apologies for the last minute notice.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

machetemonkey wrote:
Man, great week. The only songs I didn't have tons of fun with on guitar were Saturday Night Special and What's Your Name (the latter only because it's so similar to Gimme Three Steps, which I've played to the point of exhaustion).

Sweet Home Alabama is the same take as GH:WT, and imo I had more fun with this chart. They're very very similar, but for whatever reason I enjoyed it more here. The one section that everyone failed at their first try in GH:WT is authored differently, albeit just as failable. It's a testament to the superb enjoyability of the track that I failed TWICE at 81% on a 6+ minute song and was perfectly happy to play through it all again.

Tuesday's Gone is incredibly different from the GH:M guitar chart. Where GH:M switched from charting the mellotron, acoustic guitar, and electric guitar, the RB version sticks to the electric guitar all the way through. I still enjoyed it a lot just because I love the song, but it's a very different chart. If you hate the trill mechanics you won't like the first "guitar solo" (why it's marked as a guitar solo when it's under a piano solo and the section is even labeled "piano solo" is beyond me). Drums are still one of the most fun low-tempo songs ever, in my opinion. Lots of creative fills. Bass I haven't played but if it's anything like GH:M it'll be great, and Vocals couldn't possibly be bad with the addition of harmonies.

Bought everything this week and wasn't disappointed at all.

Edit: Played Sweet Home Alabama and Tuesday's gone back to back on standard expert keys. Insanely fun.

I loved playing SHA more on RB than I did on GH...way more fun to me for some reason...
Tuesdays Gone....those trill sections are sooo unneccessary if you ask me...i botched that part pretty bad on my SR. Have yet to try them on keys.

Pretty sure my 360 hates SHA also
the 3 times I've attempted to play it...
1st time - The magical roadie freeze screen
2nd time - worked fine
3rd time - magical roadie screen again...all within 30 minutes...

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AHHHHHHHHHHH dammit I want So Caught Up In You by 38 special the hell with Hold on loosely (although its a good song just not as good)
Get all current rb/gh titles [] (unplugged)
GHOT FGFC [] (IDWS,RTN)
GHOTD FGFC [X]
GHMH FGFC [] (SW)
GHOT FSFC []
BHDS FGFC [] (YBP)
RBU FGFC []
LRBDS FGFC [X]
RBM FGFC [X]
1000 fc's [X]
xX666Xx  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The songs are up now. SHA was different to the WT chart but solo 3B is still fucking near impossible. I nearly failed there!

"Tuesday's Gone" was also different to the GH:M chart but it included those HORRIBLE trill sections. I could not see what I was supposed to do. Fuck the stupid coloured strips on the trills! I got 71% on that solo.

"Saturday Night Special" and "What's Your Name?" were good songs too. Couldn't see why they were Tier 5. Didn't seem that hard.

I sightread all 4 songs so I never watched the charts on YouTube. I managed to get 5* on all songs and GS on 2 of them, SNS & WYN?
Vineboy  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be picking up almost all of these songs for 3 reasons:

1) Lynyrd Skynyrd, you can't go wrong with that...

2) Badass guitar charts

3) Badass key charts

Need I say more?
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: Darth Fizz
BMS  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ricecake wrote:
blingdomepiece wrote:

Just saw the announcement:

hmxhenry wrote:
Bad Company's Can't Get Enough delayed on PS3 US

Hey gang,

We just got word from our Audio team that Bad Company's Can't Get Enough, initially scheduled to hit everywhere today, will be delayed on the PS3. This delay is US specific and should not affect PS3 users internationally.

This track is being resubmitted immediately and we'll post updates as soon as we get word about when we can expect this song to be released.

Apologies for the last minute notice.

Hmxhenry's post got updated with the new release date for U.S. PS3 users, apparently:
hmxhenry wrote:
***EDIT 12/1***

We just got word from Sony US that we should expect the new release date to be 12/21. I'll let you know as soon as I hear of any changes or updates.

Yeah, so PS3 users are getting Can't Get Enough 21 days after everyone else does. It's like New Fang and The Who Super Bowl S-Mashup all over again!
ricecake  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BMS wrote:
Yeah, so PS3 users are getting Can't Get Enough 21 days after everyone else does. It's like New Fang and The Who Super Bowl S-Mashup all over again!

Not to derail the thread, but at least we are getting the patch first: http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?210000-Rock-Band-3-Title-Update-Notes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: