FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
RB3 MIDI Adapter date pushed back

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sangerman  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:46 pm    Post subject: RB3 MIDI Adapter date pushed back Reply with quote

Anyone have a reason behind this? I preordered from Amazon on the 12th of November, and about last week I got an email saying the release date wasn't until December 26th. I checked the official RB store and it said Dec. 26th too. wut.
sonicdude164  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder why this is, considering I received my Wii MIDI adapter last week. Is this an Xbox only issue?
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: sonicdude164 PSN Name: sonicdude164 Wii Friend Code: 2636125983192222
Sangerman  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On RBS.com it has all three of them listed for December 26th
Caliki  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well considering Mad Catz makes the keyboard and the adapter, I assume they want everyone to buy the keyboard for Christmas since it costs more, then release the adapter for everyone else after Christmas... damn moneygrabbers.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah - i got the same email from Amazon -- I'm a little disappointed, but I figure that it'll give me more time to work on getting better at the keyboard (and, for that matter, passing llama on regular drums) before I have to start worrying about hitting cymbals and such.

Caliki wrote:
Well considering Mad Catz makes the keyboard and the adapter, I assume they want everyone to buy the keyboard for Christmas since it costs more, then release the adapter for everyone else after Christmas... damn moneygrabbers.

I kind of thought that the main demographic for this adapter would be for drummers with e-kits -- not for people who already had midi keyboards. I could be wrong -- I'm not basing this on any sort of information -- that was just the initial thought I had when they announced it way back when. And it could be totally skewed by the fact that I own one but not the other. In either case, the numbers are undoubtedly considerably lower than the number of people who will straight-up buy the keyboard, or a set of plastic drums. Anyhow -- in the grand scheme of things -- assuming they have finite resources, it's probably correct to delay the "specialty" item if it means getting more "regular" peripherals out to market before the holidays.

Or your conspiracy theory is right. Mad Catz is pretty close to Fat Cats, which we all know are greedy. And corporate.

(still kinda sucks though -- especially since they were clearly able to manufacture and distribute at least *some* of them.)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by toymachine on Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: cRANKbALL
davidshek  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

qirex wrote:
I kind of thought that the main demographic for this adapter would be for drummers with e-kits -- not for people who already had midi keyboards.

If I had to take a wild guess, I'd venture that there are way more people in the world who own keyboards than own e-drum kits. But as to how that data correlates with people who play RB3... ¯\(º o)/¯

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

davidshek wrote:
qirex wrote:
I kind of thought that the main demographic for this adapter would be for drummers with e-kits -- not for people who already had midi keyboards.

If I had to take a wild guess, I'd venture that there are way more people in the world who own keyboards than own e-drum kits. But as to how that data correlates with people who play RB3... ¯\(º o)/¯

I own three keyboards, but I decided to get the keyboard anyway, because:

1) Supports MIDI out and you can never have too many controllers :-D.
2) I figured the official keyboard would be the most ergonomic way to access overdrive and whammy.
3) There isn't much advantage to having an 88-key keyboard when you only use 25 of them.
4) None of my keyboards have such an amazing feel that I insist on using one of them for RB.

For me, all of that was worth $40.

For drumming, I went and grabbed a Sethbox because I was at my wit's end with my Ion brain and basically just the feeling that I had an inferior experience. Having an adapter is required to have the experience I want with drums, which isn't the case with keys.

So notwithstanding number of people who own one thing or the other, I think the demand for the MIDI pro is going to be:

1) Squier owners (they have no choice)
2) E-kit owners
3) Keyboardists who don't want to get the Madcatz controller or want to use it x-plat.
Sangerman  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to be getting the adapter and the official keyboard. I have like 3 keyboards at my house but they're all impractical to sit on my lap and play RB with. I just wanted the new adapter because my GHWT box sucks and I want to have a yellow tom again
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: