FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Reopening the 99% FC debate
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Steadysphere  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BeachBum187 wrote:
Hey Icemage, (or anyone else that could answer this for me). I just played Devour got what I think is optimal -same score as front page leaderboards- First time I fc'd it i got 99% with a score of 164,344. I didn't see any dropped points so I didn't restart. Since I'm really obsessive with seeing 99%, I re fc'd it, got the same score at a full 100% but it seems that the 99% is still on the leaderboards -.-..I figured it would at least update the percentage since it's the same score but I guess not. I think this is a good example of the 999.9 ticks your explaining if i understand correctly.

Yeah, I got a 99% glitch on This Love by Bob Marley, and it was a capped score and I got it so I didn't drop any ticks. It can happen randomly sadly, and unless you can find a better path (which thankfully I did for my song) then you're stuck with that 99% on the LBs. Most sane people would realise you didn't drop ticks if you got the cap though

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steadysphere wrote:
Yeah, I got a 99% glitch on This Love by Bob Marley, and it was a capped score and I got it so I didn't drop any ticks. It can happen randomly sadly, and unless you can find a better path (which thankfully I did for my song) then you're stuck with that 99% on the LBs. Most sane people would realise you didn't drop ticks if you got the cap though

I guess it's something I'll just have to learn to live with, regardless, I have a picture of the same score with a full 100%. Might see if it's possible to increase when I get home tonight.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure it doesn't happen randomly, I get those 99% glitches usually when there's a lot of ES, short phrases, or phrases that goes down (like Tangled up in bluuuuuue)
Well personally I don't care that much, I count them as FCs and submit them as a 100% on Scorehero, I hope it's fine to do so.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: McDuboff
ShadoWolf  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iggy-Sparks wrote:
I hope it's fine to do so.
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but it's not. You must put 99% if that is what the score screen says.
Look, someone actually had to point out that singing "solo" meant singing alone. This is why we allow people to work registers at McDonald's that can't make change and it makes me want to run my face under a belt sander. For the love of tits, how can you be on the internet in 2012 and not think "maybe I can Google this word I should have learned in first grade before making a thread about it".
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: ShadoWolf2971

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's another thing that might be a solution...
If you go to the Goals menu, and play a goal like "get 100% on a song on vocals", there will be a counter near your score that will show a glowing green 100%. The counter will drop whenever you miss something, and this also happens when you get a non-1000-point Awesome. That's one way to know when you've missed something.

All my Pro Keys scores are done with only the right hand touching the keys (left hand used for OD and touch strip).
Evidence that it's possible to play the piano line of Roundabout with one hand: 6:45
(She has more crazy piano stuff in her second quiz too!)

OCD: 70/83
BeachBum187  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShadoWolf wrote:
Iggy-Sparks wrote:
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but it's not. You must put 99% if that is what the score screen says.

I wouldn't think there's a problem with counting that as an fc. As long as you have proof that you hit all phrases. Generally if I see my score does not give me a 100% and gives me a 99% end percentage, I will re-fc the song and go for a better score just to get a 100% on the leaderboards. I Had this multiple times on RB3 when I was going for fgfc. Especially on One Armed Scissor, but in general I'm not good at hitting that first note on the slide phrase so that's probably the reason why I kept losing a couple points.

Anyways. My fc did not have any dropped points (If i see any dropped points I always restart the song), and as it is a capped score, it would be assumed, that I fc'd the song since I'm tied for first on the Leaderboards. I also have a picture of the 100% score with same score as 99%.

On another note. If I delete the song from my library does that delete my score from the leaderboards? and if I'd redownload it would I have a clean slate to Re-fc? Has anyone actually tried this? Or am I just being too obsessive? Haha

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The issue isn't with calling it an FC, but entering a different percentage as the one you have on the game. I have no problem with you calling it an FC. However, you must enter your percentage as the same one as the game, glitched or not.
Look, someone actually had to point out that singing "solo" meant singing alone. This is why we allow people to work registers at McDonald's that can't make change and it makes me want to run my face under a belt sander. For the love of tits, how can you be on the internet in 2012 and not think "maybe I can Google this word I should have learned in first grade before making a thread about it".
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: ShadoWolf2971
BeachBum187  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will try deleting the song from my library when I get home and re-Fc it. Hopefully that will remove my 99% from the leaderboards and I can re-fc it with 100%. I know for a fact that I can call it an fc -on SH- because I have a picture of the real fc after the 99% fc, however the xbl leaderboards kept that 99% even though both are the same score.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BeachBum187 wrote:
I will try deleting the song from my library when I get home and re-Fc it. Hopefully that will remove my 99% from the leaderboards and I can re-fc it with 100%. I know for a fact that I can call it an fc -on SH- because I have a picture of the real fc after the 99% fc, however the xbl leaderboards kept that 99% even though both are the same score.

I'm pretty sure it won't remove your score from the leaderboards just by deleting the song from your library. The only way to get rid of it is to beat your score.

What I do on PS3 is play offline so if I get a 99% on something then replay it for 100% but accidentally get a worse score; when it goes to upload scores to the leaderboards next time I sign in it will upload the highest score along with my 100%.

The main reason I play offline on PS3 though is to avoid the XMB glitch.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShadoWolf wrote:
Iggy-Sparks wrote:

Well apparently everybody did like me so.
> http://rockband.scorehero.com/rankings.php?game=9&platform=2&size=1&group=4&diff=4&song=0&vox=solo
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: McDuboff
ShadoWolf  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iggy-Sparks wrote:
ShadoWolf wrote:
Iggy-Sparks wrote:

> http://rockband.scorehero.com/rankings.php?game=9&platform=2&size=1&group=4&diff=4&song=0&vox=solo
Do you have proof that some of these people have entered 99% scores as 100%s?
Iggy-Sparks  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShadoWolf wrote:
Iggy-Sparks wrote:
ShadoWolf wrote:
Iggy-Sparks wrote:

Do you have proof that some of these people have entered 99% scores as 100%s?

No... but since it happens to me and lot of other people I can only guess it happens to others.
Specially when those people got the best ES possible.
ShadoWolf  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iggy-Sparks wrote:
No... but since it happens to me and lot of other people I can only guess it happens to others.
So you make assumptions about other people because you don't redo your 99% scores? I've heard of tons of people redoing their scores to get 100%.
Iggy-Sparks  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShadoWolf wrote:
Iggy-Sparks wrote:
So you make assumptions about other people because you don't redo your 99% scores? I've heard of tons of people redoing their scores to get 100%.

Sure but this the is the top scores, it's hard to rebeat you score if you did your best :/
Well I browsed a few songs and I find two scores, one by Vickie, one by Cafin8edPenguin.

Not saying all those people are submitting 99% scores but at least some of them are (not gonna browse through them all, I don't really care)
Vickie  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iggy-Sparks wrote:
Well I browsed a few songs and I find two scores, one by Vickie, one by Cafin8edPenguin.

Not saying all those people are submitting 99% scores but at least some of them are (not gonna browse through them all, I don't really care)

I am curious and I did a quick check and to my own surprise, I found a 99 score submitted as a 100%. This is a mistake, I never do that, and I'm really sorry.

Anyway, problem solved: now that I'm better at the damn vibrato thing, I just beat that very old score with a legit 100%, but the leaderboard is not updated yet.

I'm also very surprised that people still care about scores and ranking.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: