FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Reopening the 99% FC debate
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
toymachine  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man why does RB3 rip off GHWT so much
anonymous_25  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This post has been deleted.
zage1337  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

toymachine wrote:
Man why does RB3 rip off GHWT so much

Rock Band 3 is the Guitar Hero: World Tour of Rock Band imho

Setlist - a good chunk of songs are completely in foreign
Guitar - new mechanics that are completely broken. The trill strip is the new purple notes.
Vocals - more broken now with the glitches.
A bunch of new instruments added.
A very low amount of metal in this game, and even the metal in this game is heavy metal.
Didn't sell as well as it's predecessor.
The songs are easier on guitar than RB2.

A much better game than WT, but this game does remind me of it.

Now on topic, you should still be allowed to enter your score as 100% so it is much easier to track which songs you have FC'd, if you do get the glitch.
If you break combo as in not getting AWESOME than it's not an FC/100. A glitch shouldn't determine whether that run is a 100% FC or not. And ticks shouldn't be the reason for not getting a 100% FC. It's the same as letting go a chord on guitar.

jawnintendo  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ProffessorJoe wrote:
This is so ridiculous. So now you're going to enter a FBFC with 3 100's and a 99? WTF? Tell me how that makes sense. Its been proven time and time again that THIS IS A GLITCH. Why can't we treat it as one? When blitzkrieg Bop was glitched what happened? JCirri defaulted the scores to the optimal they should be at. When you GLITCH and get a 99% even though your phrase streak MATCHES what every 100% phrase streak is, YOU SHOULD PUT IN 100%. I do understand that score is most important, but come on. "do you have a FGFC of vocals?" "Yes, but i only have 75/83 100%" "WAT?" -_- /rant

I completely agree with this.

In the event of a code red, please do not orgasm over an accomplishment of an elite player. That is because the player is currently in the zone. You will run of out of jizz before he is finished.
Thank you for listening and please save all orgasms for the end of the ride.

Accomplishments | 17/82 Pro Guitar FCs | 70/83 Pro Bass FCs | 55/63 Pro Keys FCs
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: jawnintendo
tidus  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seconded. Full Combo = hitting the phrases without breaking streak.

You don't have to go back to redo that hard-gained FC that ended up with 99%, just if you want to. Like I don't have - and don't want - to get back to redo Helter Skelter, for example. Or Timmy if RB1 had this glitch! I learned a lot from the GHWT times, "fuck the percent, all I care about is the streak!"

| 57 RB1 on-disk FC's, plus 4 RB Vox FGFC's. No way I don't feel accomplished! =)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: TidusKamikaze
singemfrc  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For those who are simply saying "If no combo broken, then = FC" why do you think that the loss of points doesn't matter?

(In that situation only) to me, the real glitch is that you were given an awesome, not that you got 99%. For the rare instances when you get 99% without dropping a tick, then thats a whole 'nother glitch.

And from a league commissioner's point of view in the scenario above, yes if you got 99% but full streak and no dropped ticks, if you submitted the proof with accuracy and streak points showing, I'd count it as a 100%.
grizzlymaze  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont view my 99%-dropped tic-FC's as true FC's. I messed up, pure and simple, but the engine was lenient enough to let me keep combo.

For the most part I just let them go and tell myself its no big deal - which it isnt - yet a little voice inside my head still laughs at me for not FC-ing the song.
anonymous_25  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This post has been deleted.
twistedoak  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still don't understand why this is an issue....

Mathematically speaking, if every section in the breakdown section says 100%, then the average of 100% should be 100%. Period. There is never a time when you take the average of a bunch of 100% and get anything other than 100% as the average. I remember the first time I didn't break combo in rockband 3 and got 99%... I thought to myself "OK now the breakdown section will be able to tell me which phrase I messed up on and was less than perfect". WRONG. All 100%'s.

Therefore....

If your breakdown section only shows 100%'s, then you should have an fc with 100%. The 99% at the top is a GLITCH. There should be a section in the breakdown area that says 99% or lower for there to be a total of 99% or lower.

Cliff notes: 99% =/= 100%. This is not a .9~ = 1 debate here.

I have and will continue to put 100%'s in where I have gotten all 100%'s for the breakdown section. If I get banned from scorehero for doing so, then so be it. Someone can argue the math over it with me before I change my mind.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would definitely consider a 99% FC an FC because you didn't break combo. Personally, though I like to see the 100% on my setlist scroll, so I always re-do them. Sure sucks when the 99% score is higher though. :/
acer9199  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But what is the definition of an FC? It is not defined by getting all the possible points. Otherwise, no vocalist would have a clean sweep of FC's.

Other instruments go by "notes." Vocals go by "phrases." Phrases have more play in the scoring error department than single notes. Simply getting "awesome" will maintain combo. Awesome = successful phrase. You can in fact get an awesome without getting all the possible points. I like to call this the "barely awesome" phenomenon, where you drop ticks, but only a few. Up to 40 points or so. Anything less, and you won't get an awesome, and your combo (multiplier) will be broken, just like when you miss a note on guitar or drums, and you miss 1000's of points. Either way, your score shows up as 99%. Thus the 99% FC. If you tried really hard, you might be able to get a 98% FC, who really knows.

The debate should be whether it is a true "glitch." No. The game makers were deliberate and intentional. If you barely get the awesome, you will maintain combo, but lose a couple points. Has been at least since RB2. Can't speak for RB1. Thus 99% FC is the correct term.

Edit: But now after reading the previous posts on this subject...... Ah hell, forget it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger PSN Name: acer9199
xtreme2252  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is really annoying, I just did Almost Easy and came in 6th. 99% FC. Did it again with a lower score and got a 100% FC. still says 99% on the leaderboards.

And as a matter of fact, this IS a glitch. I didn't drop any ticks and I can assure you of that.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Xtreme2252
jacoborawr  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just thought I'd bump this to mention something. Once I was playing a song and was very close to filling the pie, however I got a "strong" on the phrase. I then looked at the breakdown and each section said 100%, but overall, I obviously got 99%. I don't have picture proof or anything, but It's something to think about. This has happened to me quite a few times.
Icemage  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jacoborawr wrote:
Just thought I'd bump this to mention something. Once I was playing a song and was very close to filling the pie, however I got a "strong" on the phrase. I then looked at the breakdown and each section said 100%, but overall, I obviously got 99%. I don't have picture proof or anything, but It's something to think about. This has happened to me quite a few times.

A Strong is < 98.6% of the meter filled, and should absolutely have registered below 100% for the section. Perhaps the real glitch here is that the section breakdowns are rounding up and the final screen is rounding down?

Personally, I think Harmonix should have just tossed the idea of less-than-full-meters holding combo and made it so that you break combo if you don't get all ticks, and have the ticks themselves round down (so you don't have that even more stupid instance of getting 999.9/1000 ticks and still getting 99%... in that case you should absolutely get 999 ticks instead).

It boggles my mind that professional programmers working on AAA software can't do basic arithmetic checking. If these guys were working at a bank instead of on video game software, they'd be fired within a week.
BeachBum187  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Icemage wrote:
Personally, I think Harmonix should have just tossed the idea of less-than-full-meters holding combo and made it so that you break combo if you don't get all ticks, and have the ticks themselves round down (so you don't have that even more stupid instance of getting 999.9/1000 ticks and still getting 99%... in that case you should absolutely get 999 ticks instead).

Hey Icemage, (or anyone else that could answer this for me). I just played Devour got what I think is optimal -same score as front page leaderboards- First time I fc'd it i got 99% with a score of 164,344. I didn't see any dropped points so I didn't restart. Since I'm really obsessive with seeing 99%, I re fc'd it, got the same score at a full 100% but it seems that the 99% is still on the leaderboards -.-..I figured it would at least update the percentage since it's the same score but I guess not. I think this is a good example of the 999.9 ticks your explaining if i understand correctly.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

Jump to: