FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Reopening the 99% FC debate
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
internetguy87  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:42 am    Post subject: Reopening the 99% FC debate Reply with quote

So I know this was debated with TBRB, but there are some new features around with RB3, so I wanted to know if other people have changed their opinion on this, and what the community thinks.

Obviously 99% FC's are extremely prevalent in Rock Band 3, much more than in TBRB I believe most people are agreeing upon. Maybe due to the lack of a high end bonus any longer.

In previous titles it was decided that you HAD to enter the percentage RB gave you when entering SH scores. However there are new features with RB3 that are unseen in previous titles.

We now have:

Total notes hit:
Streak:
Section by Section breakdown

This obviously gives us more information towards whether something was actually FC'd. If we obtain 100% on every section, which I have had, and a 99% displays... don't we now have more information to overturn this? Especially if the total notes hit = the streak.

I guess I just don't understand why the community can't take this as a glitch and use common sense, after all we obviously use the honor system anyways.

Imagine telling guitar players they would not be able to enter 100% for a song they dropped a single sustain tick on. What do you think the backlash would be from that. Is it really any different?

Thoughts...?

I play my game online
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Yahoo Messenger PSN Name: internetguy87
ProffessorJoe  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember this debate started because of drums. I will never ever understand why we were supposed to enter 99% when we clearly fced the song. IMO that was a dumb ruling. I agree that now there is even less a reason to enter a 99% when you fced the song, since as you said there are extra stats/a section by section breakdown to prove that it is truely an fc. I hope JCirri rethinks this and gives us an official overturn, because quite frankly seeing people enter FC scores with 99% and a comment that says "99% FC glitch" or something to that degree really aggrivates me

Oh and 1 more thing:
you brought up how mad the guitarists would be if they had to enter 99% because they dropped 1 tick. Well what about us drummers that had to enter 99% when we did nothing wrong at all There has been at least 2 or 3 times where i've seen a 99% glitch occur even though the drummer did not overhit before the BRE or after the BRE but before the notes at the end. This has happened on vocals as well. Thats just not fair IMO.
Go there for videos of Over Rated R Us featuring the amazing RJUCPU!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: PR0FFESS0RJ0E
anonymous_25  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This post has been deleted.
Billtvshow  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty much agree down the board with all your points.

This is a glitch that HMX simply hasn't fixed despite it being brought up since Beatles.

Pseudocode:
If phrases hit = total # of phrases in song
Then percentage = 100%

I'm sure it's not THAT simple to implement, but it can't be far off.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny, I literally clicked on the Vocal forum to ask about the official ruling on this. I honestly don't know how I personally feel about this in a bigger sense, but-

I think it does need to be noted that it is no longer a "glitch" like it was in TBRB. In Green Day and RB3, 99% FCs occur exclusively when a portion of the phrase was dropped but an "awesome" was still earned (in my experience at least, I know ProJo says otherwise but this is just what I've seen). This to me is missing a portion of the song, yet still getting a full combo, comparable to GH:WoR's quest mode, with the "streak guardian" power up you can conceivably hit like 80% of the notes in a song and still full combo it.

For drums, I don't think there's even a debate, regardless of whether you overhit before the BRE or whatever...if you hit all the notes it's an FC. Vocals on the other hand, there is really no cut and dry line whether the missing 1% of the pie is a "note" or a "tick," so to speak.

I'm a democrat when it comes to these matters, though, no matter what the "right" definition is, I think ScoreHero should establish the recognized definition of a 100% or an FGFC based on what the majority thinks.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see what the problem is with registering a 99% as a 99% on the SH leaderboards, to be quite honest. It's what's on the screen, and that's what should go in the reported score IMO. I don't really think it's a good precedent to allow people to report a 99% from the game as a 100% on the leaderboard.

You can always note that it was an FC in the comments, and if you desperately want the 100%, you can always play it again...
MasterNobody  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Icemage wrote:
I don't see what the problem is with registering a 99% as a 99% on the SH leaderboards, to be quite honest. It's what's on the screen, and that's what should go in the reported score IMO. I don't really think it's a good precedent to allow people to report a 99% from the game as a 100% on the leaderboard.

You can always note that it was an FC in the comments, and if you desperately want the 100%, you can always play it again...

One problem is that we only have 100% tracking, no FC tracking like GH1-3. If we had FC tracking separate from 100% tracking there would be no issue. When I look to see how many FCs someone has (which I care about, whereas I don't care how many 100%s tbh), I look at their 100%s in the top stat box. I have an FGFC of TBRB, and my stat box rightfully shows 36 out of 44 FCs (or something like that).
So your point is valid, Icemage, but there is in fact ONE particular problem with putting a 99% for an FC. Having FC tracking would eliminate that problem.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Icemage wrote:

I agree especially since there's actually an explanation and verification for it now - almost any time you get a 99% "FC" if you look at accuracy it will be missing points.

The real glitch IMO is not that you got 99%, its that you got an awesome on that phrase.
ProffessorJoe  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

singemfrc wrote:
Icemage wrote:

I agree especially since there's actually an explanation and verification for it now - almost any time you get a 99% "FC" if you look at accuracy it will be missing points.

The real glitch IMO is not that you got 99%, its that you got an awesome on that phrase.

I have to completely disagree. The ability to keep combo on a phrase and not get 1000 points has always been there. The fact that this can happen without dropping ticks tells me that this is purely a glitch and it should not keep you from getting a 100% on a song. Icemage, you yourself were the first person to post a picture proving that this glitch can occur without the loss of ticks on a song. In fact, it happened twice to RJ when she was finishing up the setlist. Both times on fairly simple optimals in which she had the optimal but also had a 99%. I understand its not that hard to just redo it, which is what she did, but when you get a really good sqeeze run, or fc a song that was really hard for you fc and it pops up a 99% its stupid to have to "redo" it
Go there for videos of Over Rated R Us featuring the amazing RJUCPU!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: PR0FFESS0RJ0E
twistedoak  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you get all the phrases, and the breakdown section says 100% for each section, then it's an fc. Period. 99% or 100%, if you combo'ed the whole song, then you fc'ed it.

As for entering it on scorehero, if it says 100% for every section in the breakdown area, but you get 99%, I have no problem with having 100% entered as the percent. Ask any math person, the average of all the individual 100% is 100%. To get a 99%, you would have to have a 99% or lower on at least one of the sections of the song.... This clearly does not happen.

I would call it a glitch simply because of that. If the vocalist clearly doesn't break their combo, it should be a 100%

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Icemage wrote:

Agreed with this. It's definitely an FC, but the results page says 99% so you should input as 99%. It's actually not that different from GHWT vox where you could get an FC with like 93% or something, it's just a much smaller scale here. A 100% FC is better than a 99% FC, because you got more of the ticks, but both are still FCs.

With regards to comparing this to guitar: If the results screen for guitar gave you a 99% for dropping ticks, then you would have to input that as 99% also, even if it was an FC. It doesn't happen to work that way, but that's irrelevant to this discussion. You input whatever the results screen says.
wesker-kun  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that's obviously a glitch and the % youre getting (99%) is not true

a couple examples:

- i got a very good score, indeed a ps3 1st place ... but i didnt want the leaderboards to show a 99% next to my score, so i kept trying... but it was incredibly hard for me to beat my own score, even with 100% FCs

- Another matter that really needs attention is the way that the game rates your scores when playing on band ... i have gold stars on YYZ with 92% lol ... and 5* on crazy train 88%

We got 2 different kinds of glitches here... one that's against us, and one that's on our favor...

so according to the current rules... should i post my guitar gold stars on YYZ? LOL , i don't think so

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wesker-kun wrote:

How obvious? I've yet to see any documentation of this happening in Rock Band 3 with a perfect score for "Accuracy". I think it only happens in RB3 if you drop ticks.

Quote:
- Another matter that really needs attention is the way that the game rates your scores when playing on band ... i have gold stars on YYZ with 92% lol ... and 5* on crazy train 88%

We got 2 different kinds of glitches here... one that's against us, and one that's on our favor...

so according to the current rules... should i post my guitar gold stars on YYZ? LOL , i don't think so

Thats right, there are two different things going on, and they're totally unrelated so don't act like they're the same. The stars in band play have the same weird issue with every instrument, and hopefully it gets patched. The problem is that if you play solo it's one set of cutoffs and playing in band the solo score has a different set of cutoffs. 99% FCs on vocals are equally possible in solo or band play, it's an entirely different issue.
internetguy87  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Should I go back and delete any score I may have dropped ticks on in RB2? Just cause RB3 randomly decides to change its stats screen and how it scores doesn't mean we should change what we consider a FC on SH.

I play my game online
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Yahoo Messenger PSN Name: internetguy87
wesker-kun  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bclare wrote:
wesker-kun wrote:

How obvious? I've yet to see any documentation of this happening in Rock Band 3 with a perfect score for "Accuracy". I think it only happens in RB3 if you drop ticks.
-

*big sigh* ..... *Calms down*

NO, you can get a 99% without dropping ticks... sames as with beatles, so like it or not, that's a glitch

bclare wrote:

Thats right, there are two different things going on, and they're totally unrelated so don't act like they're the same. The stars in band play have the same weird issue with every instrument, and hopefully it gets patched. The problem is that if you play solo it's one set of cutoffs and playing in band the solo score has a different set of cutoffs. 99% FCs on vocals are equally possible in solo or band play, it's an entirely different issue.

we're talking about 2 different glitches that have something in common... ALTERATION OF THE RATINGS

Last edited by wesker-kun on Fri Nov 19, 2010 5:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: