FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Reopening the 99% FC debate
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
r0bd0g  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess it's possible that you got 999.5 points on a phrase, and had it rounded up to the whole thing?
Tzepish  

Location: Redmond, Washington, US, Earth, Sol, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Universe

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

r0bd0g wrote:
I guess it's possible that you got 999.5 points on a phrase, and had it rounded up to the whole thing?

Maybe this is the cause of the bug, but it's still a bug regardless. If he hit 99.95% of the bar and the game gave him 1000 for that, then he got 1000, end of story. That's 100%.
googleimage  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My opinion is, if the game returns a 99%, then you should enter 99%. The ScoreHero database tallies the number of songs you got a 100%, and the number of FC's. If it's a 99% FC, then the ScoreHero database should count it as such. But it shouldn't count as a 100%, so it's entirely possible to have more FC's than 100%'s this way.

I don't think we need to fudge the numbers to capture what's really happening here.
jawnintendo  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FC means full combo. When our forefathers founded ScoreHero, we defined FC as hitting all the notes without breaking your combo. Nowadays, we have bent those rules to allow "specific types of FCs", i.e., bootleg FC and 99% FC. These are not considered "true" FCs.

In all truth, we don't call things FC's unless they meet OUR, as individuals, standards, not the standards that were formed by our forefathers. We're constantly bending and shaping the definition of an FC to the point where nobody knows what it really means anymore. Just listen to "I Get By's" lyrics: "but in reality, perfection isn't what we really want", the "perfection" meaning an FC.

As for my statement on the debate as listed in the title of this thread, the Rock Band side of ScoreHero has no way to show if a score entered is an FC or not, so if you did "full combo" a song, I vote that you put in 100%, not 99%.

tl;dr: 99% FC = 100% FC

In the event of a code red, please do not orgasm over an accomplishment of an elite player. That is because the player is currently in the zone. You will run of out of jizz before he is finished.
Thank you for listening and please save all orgasms for the end of the ride.

Accomplishments | 17/82 Pro Guitar FCs | 70/83 Pro Bass FCs | 55/63 Pro Keys FCs
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: jawnintendo
singemfrc  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My opinion is pretty simple. If, like PlexShaw, you missed no ticks and it still gave you 99%, then you got 99% for no perceivable reason and as far as we know you did FC the song, and I have no problem with entering a 100% in this case. This has to be pretty rare though, I've gotten a ton of 99% "FC"s, and Ive looked every single time, and every single time I've dropped ticks.

In fact it's obvious while playing, if I see that (while not using OD) that I got an awesome but got less than 4000 points for the phrase, I know I actually missed that phrase and I'm going to get a 99%.

If you look at accuracy and you missed some ticks, you didn't really FC the song - you missed a phrase but the game gave you an awesome anyway. But you DID miss some ticks, so you should enter the 99% (or just replay like I do).

RJ is right about no one really caring about streak, at least not competitively. The only time it really matters is on non-vocals to see if someone got an FC or got overhits/overstrums. 100% vs 99% is significant though for people who count FCs and/or are going for FGFCs, so it's at least important for that reason.
PlexShaw  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It wasn't me that got that, it was LucasPWNS8907. ;)

But, funnily enough, a friend of mine got 99%/106K on Llama four times before finally getting the 100%. Unfortunately, the leaderboard won't update the percentage because the score isn't higher, so it still shows as 99%. Something is clearly amiss...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: PlexShaw PSN Name: PlexShaw Wii Friend Code: 5941308033072690
MWcw709  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, I have a video on there as well of The Game by Disturbed with saying 99% but the score break down has me 100% every where go figure lol. Is this a 100% or a 99%?

Get your Portable ID!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: MWcw709 PSN Name: MWcw709
jawnintendo  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MWcw709 wrote:
Also, I have a video on there as well of The Game by Disturbed with saying 99% but the score break down has me 100% every where go figure lol. Is this a 100% or a 99%?

That happens to me EVERY time I get the 99% FC. The section breakdown shows 100% on everything.

Funny how's it's common for most people. I only get it rarely, and only if I drop ticks (And I know when I drop ticks).

In the event of a code red, please do not orgasm over an accomplishment of an elite player. That is because the player is currently in the zone. You will run of out of jizz before he is finished.
Thank you for listening and please save all orgasms for the end of the ride.

Accomplishments | 17/82 Pro Guitar FCs | 70/83 Pro Bass FCs | 55/63 Pro Keys FCs
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: jawnintendo
Shad3d  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just when you're trying for FC's/100% use the "100% the Game" Goal(Not sure what its called, located under Epic ROck Band).
It will tell you if you drop ticks and make it 99%, so instead of raging at ends of songs you can just restart where you missed.

holydevel  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

just my 2 cents.

i think that, just like in a few of the guitar hero games, if someone gets less than 100% yet never drops combo it should be seen as an FC for the sake of counting fc's/getting a FGFC.

however, should someone get a 99%, despite hitting every phrase and the game showing up 100% in the more stats menu, then they should submit a 99% FC. this is because if we do allow it then any person who drops a phrase or two and gets a 99% could submit it as a 100%, whether they thought it was an FC or not.

Seriously, it causes so much drama.
Bandaddy  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My opinion is meaningless, so I won't give it.

BUT.....

If it was league play, and the rules of the league said "all scores must be 100% to count" and required video or photo proof, and only the score showing on that screen (with the 100%) would count in the league, well.....then how would you feel about the subject?

In other words, would you count a score showing all the 100% breakdown sections, full accuracy, but a 99% on the final screen? Or would you have to try to beat your already FC'd and 100% effort with a higher score and hope it didn't glitch, even though you miraculously squeezed out a phenomenal score on the 99%?

Just pointing out this scenario, since you couldn't just count your high score AND say you 100% as previously suggested, by using two different results. You would have to (or at least want to) get your highest score and the 100% in the same run.
RyRobo  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

99%, 50,000 accuracy

SERIOUS SKILLS

But seriously, it's 99% and should be put on the Scorehero leaderboards like that. It's the score than counts, not the percent...
Xepher850  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quick question; In a BQP session with my teamates, we happened to FBFC a song. However, our vocalist got the 99% glitch, noting that the extra results showed 100% on all sections. We did this on video btw, so you can even watch the chart and see he never broke combo. So does this qualify as a FBFC?

MY ROCK BAND DRUM ACCOMPLISHMENTS
Will not remove from my signature until the whole debut album from Periphery is released as DLC
uSound  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xepher850 wrote:
Quick question; In a BQP session with my teamates, we happened to FBFC a song. However, our vocalist got the 99% glitch, noting that the extra results showed 100% on all sections. We did this on video btw, so you can even watch the chart and see he never broke combo. So does this qualify as a FBFC?

Yeah, by the logic of most people. He obviously can't claim that he got 100% but there's no denying he held combo.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: uSound PSN Name: uSoundSH
ProffessorJoe  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is so ridiculous. So now you're going to enter a FBFC with 3 100's and a 99? WTF? Tell me how that makes sense. Its been proven time and time again that THIS IS A GLITCH. Why can't we treat it as one? When blitzkrieg Bop was glitched what happened? JCirri defaulted the scores to the optimal they should be at. When you GLITCH and get a 99% even though your phrase streak MATCHES what every 100% phrase streak is, YOU SHOULD PUT IN 100%. I do understand that score is most important, but come on. "do you have a FGFC of vocals?" "Yes, but i only have 75/83 100%" "WAT?" -_- /rant
Go there for videos of Over Rated R Us featuring the amazing RJUCPU!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: PR0FFESS0RJ0E
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7

Jump to: