FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
RB3 Vocal Expert FC Breakdown
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aleril  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:18 am    Post subject: RB3 Vocal Expert FC Breakdown Reply with quote

I want to construct a list of the RB3 songs in order of difficulty, but I know that it's very relative due to different singing styles. So I want to get together a general consensus of the hardest and the easiest songs throughout this thread, and more in from there. Hopefully we can get a pretty solid list together, even if there is a whole lot of switching around. I added what I think we can agree are the hardest 2 songs in the game, but some might disagree.

1. Jerry Was A Racecar Driver
2. The Beautiful People
3. Imagine
4. I Wanna Be Sedated
80. Roundabout
81. I Got You (I Feel Good)
82. Bohemian Rhapsody
83. Good Vibrations (Live)

Last edited by Aleril on Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Icemage  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see what the point of this thread is, to be quite honest. Tiering songs relative to each other is pointless navel-gazing. Depending on singing range and skill strengths, some songs will be easier than others for people.

As such, you'll never get a consensus on most of the middle/late tiers. Everyone more or less agrees that Bohemian Rhapsody and Good Vibrations are tricky.

Personally I'd add In the Meantime somewhere near the bottom of the list as well, but for the vast majority of the songs on the disc? Most of them are no great shakes for any halfway competent singer to FC, and I don't see any reason to waste time and energy arguing whether I Love Rock and Roll is easier than Crazy Train.
Punkarella  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely agree on the last 2. As for easiest, of what ive played id have to say Jerry was a race car driver. Its mostly all talkies, so unless theres an all talkie song that should be the easiest or close to it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: PUNKarel-LA
sluggo  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I FC'd Good Vibrations tonight after spending 5 minutes in Practice mode with the last third of the song. I don't think the actual parts are that tough, it's just initially confusing how it keeps jumping from one part to another or trying to guess which harmony you need to sing.

We could probably spend a lot of time debating what songs are tougher than others, but we now have an extra piece of data: the leaderboards show how many people have gotten 100% on a song. Obviously, the boards are still glitchy, but here's what they say right now:

I Got You (I Feel Good) - 11 FCs
Bohemian Rhapsody - 13 FCs
Good Vibrations - 19 FCs
Crosstown Traffic - 24 FCs
Llama - it seems the entire leaderboard has FCd it, despite being listed as "Impossible" on vox.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Icemage wrote:
I don't see what the point of this thread is, to be quite honest. Tiering songs relative to each other is pointless navel-gazing. Depending on singing range and skill strengths, some songs will be easier than others for people.

As such, you'll never get a consensus on most of the middle/late tiers. Everyone more or less agrees that Bohemian Rhapsody and Good Vibrations are tricky.

Personally I'd add In the Meantime somewhere near the bottom of the list as well, but for the vast majority of the songs on the disc? Most of them are no great shakes for any halfway competent singer to FC, and I don't see any reason to waste time and energy arguing whether I Love Rock and Roll is easier than Crazy Train.

I think it's important because some songs are more deceptive than others tier-wise. Even though lots of vocal songs depend on the particular person, their are certain songs that are clearly easier than others and harder than others. I don't think we necessarily need to split hairs, but we should set up a good beginning, middle, and end. And we could also say that songs can be harder due to their harmonies. People haven't been talking about vocal difficulty at all, and believe that's important for people who aren't that amazing like myself.

And I'd really like to hear some opinions on some of the hard vocal songs that no one talks about, ones that aren't noted for being very popular like The Con and Me Enamora. I don't think we need to argue over I Wanna Be Sedated and Jerry Was A Race Car Driver, but we definitely need to talk about the hard songs.

Songs that I've found to be easy, but high tier? Llama and Lasso
Songs that I've found to be hard, but lower tier? Midlife Crisis and The Killing Moon.
Hobo111  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Llama and One Armed Scissor is way overtiered. Here is my top five

79: IGYIFG
80: Misery Buisiness
81:Roundabout
82: BR
83: Good Vibrations
All IMO, of course.
boss1592  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think bohemian rhapsody is harder than good vibrations, and is, in fact, the hardest non-broken on-disk FC in the rock band series so far (not that thats saying a whole lot, i know) rock band 1 had a much harder engine sure, but i think its alot more technically demanding than gimme shelter, which was a bitch to learn sure, but not too bad after that, was. of course this is all strictly imo, and perhaps gimme shelter was harder than i remember, but at the moment thats my opinion.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Starchaser NI
thecaptainof  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hobo111 wrote:
Llama and One Armed Scissor is way overtiered.

I'd entirely agree on Llama - as far as I can tell they base the tiering partly on the words. It's only tiered so high because it's short... tubes(?)... and it's hard to follow the words. Sort of like Creepin' Up The Backstairs. Also I notice the non-English language songs seem to be overtiered - obviously including DLC too but it was Me Enamora that really stood out as being way off. Pretty sure it's final tier but it's far easier than that.

One-Armed Scissor, though... that's a difficult call. I always do better at songs I know well but only managed to 4* that on sightread despite it being one of my long-time favourite songs. I think it's a bit like Peace Sells, in that he's not really on key at any point and you have to kinda botch it a bit.

As for stuff on the easier end of the scale: I managed to sightread FC Been Caught Stealing despite being not particularly familiar with the song. I thought I was a bit off through most of it so maybe the engine was being a bit generous.

yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
Wow Mr. Mad, who fucked your buffalo?
PuppetMaster9  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know some people say BR is harder than GV. But to be honest, here's the way I see it: GV is harder to learn how to FC, since a lot of pitches are buried under loud harmonies; BR, on the other hand, is harder to consistently FC, since some phrases in the Bridge require pitch perfect precision, whereas GV can be FCed pretty easily after your first time FCing it.

YouTube | Twitch | RB Acc (3/16/17) | GH Acc (9/8/15) | Rock Band 3 OMB FGFC Stats: G:82 / B:83 / D:82 / V: 83 / K:63
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: PuppetMaster9 PSN Name: PuppeteerIX Wii Friend Code: 6319868195290957
FallOutPhoenix  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Llama does not belong anywhere higher than 20 on the list. Personally I always thought GV was easier than BR but after playing the ESL on vocals today GV was the only song I didn't 5 star so that should be the hardest FC in the game.

IMO the hardest ones are

Roundabout
I Got You (I Feel Good)
Bohemian Rhapsody
Good Vibrations

Though to be honest these are the only ones that I have a lot more room for improvement personally I think these are the only songs that could present any roadblocks to a FGFC but again this is just me.
ProffessorJoe  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GV is nowhere near as hard to FC as BR. Not even close. Just my two cents
Go there for videos of Over Rated R Us featuring the amazing RJUCPU!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: PR0FFESS0RJ0E
jawnintendo  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ProffessorJoe wrote:
GV is nowhere near as hard to FC as BR. Not even close. Just my two cents

Agreed. GV was my 7th On-Disc FC, but I'm not even close to BR.

In the event of a code red, please do not orgasm over an accomplishment of an elite player. That is because the player is currently in the zone. You will run of out of jizz before he is finished.
Thank you for listening and please save all orgasms for the end of the ride.

Accomplishments | 17/82 Pro Guitar FCs | 70/83 Pro Bass FCs | 55/63 Pro Keys FCs
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: jawnintendo
boss1592  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

saying all that, if this were a harmonies breakdown, GV would eat BR alive. man that shit is crazy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Starchaser NI
Steadysphere  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Llama is definitely nowhere near devil. There's barely any actual vocals in the song, aside from a few phrases before the keys solo and some after the guitar solo.

Put it this way, I'm a mediocre vocalist and I was able to FC it, so I'm sure any better vocalist can FC it without breaking a sweat. It is kinda fast, though, so maybe put it in the late twenties, early thirties.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

its my opinion that llama falls under the same catagory as painkiller in RB2, where vox didnt deserve to be final tier, but i think HMX just wanted a song that was final tier on everything in the game, and ammended the tiering system for this purpose. of course, thats just my opinion
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: