FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Rock Band 3 bass paths
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Se7en082  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thecaptainof wrote:
Se7en082 wrote:
thecaptainof wrote:
Just out of curiosity: has anyone got a better path for Me Enamora? I used the one in the OP and got a lower score than my previous random FC with no path...

Maybe someone out there has something, but I just don't see how there can be a better path. Looking at the chart, I wouldn't change a single thing. And I have been relooking at a bunch and changed a few like 20th Century Boy, for example. The new path I put up should get you first by a mile. At least until Joe destroys it.

What score did you get with it?

I think it was 124,607... I'm not exactly a master at squeezing but it's weird that I should get a few hundred points more than that on a random unpathed run.

You're only two squeezes away from first. Maybe you got better early whammy last time and activated in similar spots? I'll change the first activation to 1st blue just in case, but the rest is good.
BowlZ  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used your path on me enamora, seven. It was good for 1st the way it was.

''First Ever'' is needlessly redundant and its never acceptable to use more than 3 exclamation points...
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: BowlZ
bclare  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I took a gander at Me Enamora. Without looking at your path, I got

2 (0) - 1st Blue
2(+1) - 2nd yellow
2 (0) - 3rd Red

So I agreed with your first two activations. Having the third one slightly later might make it possible to squeeze in another note, but it would not be an easy squeeze. That would give a score of 125207; first place is currently ProfJoe and Bowlz and a few others at 125057.
Se7en082  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bclare wrote:
I took a gander at Me Enamora. Without looking at your path, I got

2 (0) - 1st Blue
2(+1) - 2nd yellow
2 (0) - 3rd Red

So I agreed with your first two activations. Having the third one slightly later might make it possible to squeeze in another note, but it would not be an easy squeeze. That would give a score of 125207; first place is currently ProfJoe and Bowlz and a few others at 125057.

Actually, there would be no difference whatsoever in the final activation because you'll get 62 notes in with squeezes regardless. Easier with 5th blue, too. You don't have to try a front end double squeeze and get the same points.
bclare  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm... Yeah. Upon further reflection, I can't count

Basically with like 100% early whammy and 100% squeezes, each activation might barely have a chance to squeeze in one more note. If you had a program like apathtoofar, it might tell you those are possible at 100/100, but I think in practice yeah, 125057 is optimal.
Fr33701ays  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so, i know i may sound like a broken record, but since i have been unable to contact ajanata, would anyone else by chance know how to extract the chart data from the disc so i might start pathing pro bass songs? I would like to keep my 1st place leaderboard spot, but certain songs i cant remember where OD is, ie free bird, llama, antibodies

any hellp is greatly appreciated.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: aSynysterShadow
BowlZ  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://site.tmullin.net:81/ipather/songlisting.php

doesnt chart pro but you'll still see note frequency and OD locations. I dont see why the paths would be any different on bass - unless you're charting around parts you know you can't hit.

''First Ever'' is needlessly redundant and its never acceptable to use more than 3 exclamation points...
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: BowlZ
Fr33701ays  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BowlZ wrote:
http://site.tmullin.net:81/ipather/songlisting.php

doesnt chart pro but you'll still see note frequency and OD locations. I dont see why the paths would be any different on bass - unless you're charting around parts you know you can't hit.

well I have to worry most about parts that have OD sustains, as the pro guitar doesn't have a whammy bar.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: aSynysterShadow
BowlZ  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes the paths in this thread wouldnt work but the charts would suffice

BowlZ  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2nd activation in Last Dance should be 2- 2nd Green. That ends with a sqz of the orange hold. 4 blue is way too late. maybe even 1 note earlier if someone is a better whammier than me

Se7en082  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BowlZ wrote:
2nd activation in Last Dance should be 2- 2nd Green. That ends with a sqz of the orange hold. 4 blue is way too late. maybe even 1 note earlier if someone is a better whammier than me

Yeah, it should be 2 - 2nd yellow. Fixed.
Voltgloss  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shouldn't the next-to-last activation for Antibodies be 3rd Green (not 2nd)? So that you're activating right at the start of outro b?

RB3 Expert Pro Keys FCs: 58/63 + 214 DLC. My accomplishments thread.
Se7en082  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Voltgloss wrote:
Shouldn't the next-to-last activation for Antibodies be 3rd Green (not 2nd)? So that you're activating right at the start of outro b?

Indeed it is. Probably miscounted because of the energy note before it. Never gotten that far on it actually playing it. Fixed, as well.

Also changed the path to Living In America. Lots more points.
BowlZ  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think your outerspace path is right either. I'm comin up way short and I don't think its all whammy. pathstats is down for that song, so I can't check your work.

Se7en082  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BowlZ wrote:
I don't think your outerspace path is right either. I'm comin up way short and I don't think its all whammy. pathstats is down for that song, so I can't check your work.

I believe it is. I'm not seeing anything I would do differently.

Edit - Joe confirms it. That's the path he used. Early whammy is key.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: