FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Rock Band 3 bass paths
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fr33701ays  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

does anyone know whether or not someone is working on pathing for pro charts? I would be willing to help, i dont know much about pathing but im 3rd place in world on pro bass so I could help test if need be.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: aSynysterShadow
Se7en082  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fr33701ays wrote:
does anyone know whether or not someone is working on pathing for pro charts? I would be willing to help, i dont know much about pathing but im 3rd place in world on pro bass so I could help test if need be.

Don't know if anyone is doing them. I was thinking of giving it a go if/when they are up, but I haven't seen the pro bass charts anywhere. It would be fun to try something like that.

Good luck on your quest and may you get that 1st place ranking!
Fr33701ays  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Se7en082 wrote:
Fr33701ays wrote:

Don't know if anyone is doing them. I was thinking of giving it a go if/when they are up, but I haven't seen the pro bass charts anywhere. It would be fun to try something like that.

Good luck on your quest and may you get that 1st place ranking!

Thanks, I wish that I could put up some charts for pro bass, but i dont really know how to do that. btw i might have asked this in a previous post, but do you think that for bass at least, that regular bass paths would be efficient?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: aSynysterShadow
bclare  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fr33701ays wrote:
Thanks, I wish that I could put up some charts for pro bass, but i dont really know how to do that. btw i might have asked this in a previous post, but do you think that for bass at least, that regular bass paths would be efficient?

There are two issues I see. Of course you'd need to re-phrase the notation, since "3rd red" turns into something like "3rd E" or whatever, but that's cosmetic really.

1) Placement of OD phrases

2) Whammy

For 1, if the OD phrases are in the same places then the regular bass paths should be a pretty good path on Pro also. However...

2) is a big deal potentially. To my understanding, there basically is no whammying on Pro guitar/bass, right? So for a song like Imagine, Roundabout, BatH, etc that have at least one OD sustain, the difference in available energy would change the path a lot.
Fr33701ays  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bclare wrote:
Fr33701ays wrote:

There are two issues I see. Of course you'd need to re-phrase the notation, since "3rd red" turns into something like "3rd E" or whatever, but that's cosmetic really.

2) Whammy

For 1, if the OD phrases are in the same places then the regular bass paths should be a pretty good path on Pro also. However...

2) is a big deal potentially. To my understanding, there basically is no whammying on Pro guitar/bass, right? So for a song like Imagine, Roundabout, BatH, etc that have at least one OD sustain, the difference in available energy would change the path a lot.

Very true, i forgot about that fact.

Is there an easy way to create bass charts, or how is that done.

And if i make bass paths, would anyone be willing to help me write some paths, I'm really bad at it but a couple of the paths I have used(not written down just used when i believed they should be,) have netted me first on about 4 songs, but only one of those is an FC.
Se7en082  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fr33701ays wrote:
bclare wrote:
Fr33701ays wrote:

2) Whammy

Very true, i forgot about that fact.

Is there an easy way to create bass charts, or how is that done.

And if i make bass paths, would anyone be willing to help me write some paths, I'm really bad at it but a couple of the paths I have used(not written down just used when i believed they should be,) have netted me first on about 4 songs, but only one of those is an FC.

The no whammying brings up an interesting dynamic. But bclare might be onto something about the overdrive placements. I compared regular Imagine to pro bass Imagine via youtube video and the overdrive phases were exactly in the same places. Of course, now you have to go back to the fact you can't whammy, so the activations will be different.

ajanata might be able to help you out in terms of extracting the data for the pro charts. He should point you in the right direction for what you have to do. I always use the charts he posts, so I'm not too sure about the process/software.

I would help you out, like I'm sure most people here, with paths if you get the charts.
J.J.  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 5th activation on China Grove doesn't make sense.... should it just be 1-NN with none of that extraneous information? Because that's what I did and I got 1st but meh....
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Fantahstik Wii Friend Code: 226277035879
Se7en082  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J.J. wrote:
The 5th activation on China Grove doesn't make sense.... should it just be 1-NN with none of that extraneous information? Because that's what I did and I got 1st but meh....

Yeah, the stuff after is wrong. Should be next note. There is also a better path for it, but I won't post it until after this week in respect for leagues.
xGaberadex  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crazy Train
3+2 - 40th yellow
3 - 3rd yellow
2+2 - 14th red - final red before 3rd green
3+1 - 7th yellow

It used to say activate on the 15th red, but looking at the chart...That doesn't make any sense since there isn't any until like several measures later, so it has to be on the 14th IMO, just write activate on 3rd green...Makes life easier

EDIT:
Crazy Train
3+1 - 40th yellow
3 - 3rd yellow
3+1 - 7th yellow

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xGaberadex wrote:
Crazy Train
3+2 - 40th yellow
3 - 3rd yellow
3+1 - 7th yellow

It used to say activate on the 15th red, but looking at the chart...That doesn't make any sense since there isn't any until like several measures later, so it has to be on the 14th IMO, just write activate on 3rd green...Makes life easier

EDIT:
Crazy Train
3+1 - 40th yellow
3 - 3rd yellow
3+1 - 7th yellow

You are correct about the 14th red. I made a typo. But you are incorrect about the 3+1 - 1st activation. It is 3+2. There are 16 overdrive phases not 15.

And Prof Joe actually went back to 13th red on the third activation and double squeezed, so going back is better than putting the green. I put 14 to make sure everyone got it.
xGaberadex  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Se7en082 wrote:
xGaberadex wrote:
Crazy Train
3+2 - 40th yellow
3 - 3rd yellow
3+1 - 7th yellow

EDIT:
Crazy Train
3+1 - 40th yellow
3 - 3rd yellow
3+1 - 7th yellow

You are correct about the 14th red. I made a typo. But you are incorrect about the 3+1 - 1st activation. It is 3+2. There are 16 overdrive phases not 15.

And Prof Joe actually went back to 13th red on the third activation and double squeezed, so going back is better than putting the green. I put 14 to make sure everyone got it.
Yea, there's 16...I totally forgot about the OD phrase you get a couple measures after the 1st activation since it's so instant

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just out of curiosity: has anyone got a better path for Me Enamora? I used the one in the OP and got a lower score than my previous random FC with no path...

yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
Wow Mr. Mad, who fucked your buffalo?
FurySH  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thecaptainof wrote:
Just out of curiosity: has anyone got a better path for Me Enamora? I used the one in the OP and got a lower score than my previous random FC with no path...

the path may require a squeeze or something that you may not have hit, sometimes you can just move the activations up a note or two and it all works out

Se7en082  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thecaptainof wrote:

Maybe someone out there has something, but I just don't see how there can be a better path. Looking at the chart, I wouldn't change a single thing. And I have been relooking at a bunch and changed a few like 20th Century Boy, for example. The new path I put up should get you first by a mile. At least until Joe destroys it.

What score did you get with it?
thecaptainof  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Se7en082 wrote:
thecaptainof wrote:

Maybe someone out there has something, but I just don't see how there can be a better path. Looking at the chart, I wouldn't change a single thing. And I have been relooking at a bunch and changed a few like 20th Century Boy, for example. The new path I put up should get you first by a mile. At least until Joe destroys it.

What score did you get with it?

I think it was 124,607... I'm not exactly a master at squeezing but it's weird that I should get a few hundred points more than that on a random unpathed run.

yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
Wow Mr. Mad, who fucked your buffalo?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: