FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Possible big issue with Ions + Pro mode
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums
View previous topic :: View next topic  
singemfrc  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:13 am    Post subject: Possible big issue with Ions + Pro mode Reply with quote

Has anyone else noticed this? I hope so and it will be patched rather than having to replace my ion controller.

Since I started playing pro I noticed random drops or perceived instances of cymbal hits being ignored despite hitting the correct cymbal. Historically my set has been very accurate, I almost never get even a single drop or double hit, but now I'm getting so many I sometimes can hardly keep combo.

I figured it was sensitivity issues until I started playing freestyle today and noticed that about every 20th-50th hit on the cymbal was being registered as a tom hit, despite the fact that I was actually hitting the cymbal.

Seems to be unaffected by how speed or velocity, so it seems pretty random. Most likely wouldn't be noticed by the casual player but it was pissing me off something fierce when I was going for an FC yesterday on an easy song, and then playing Red Barchetta it was just crash and burn with all the cymbals in that song.
sumboxcar182  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm having a similar issue but it only occurs with yellow+green+kick hits. everytime i do this the yellow cymbal registers as a miss. I'm 100% certain it's not my set cause i'll fc the whole song and miss those notes. I also switched all my cymbals around and used some of my backups as well. I did notice though that if i play regular expert this is not a problem, and if i disable the yellow cymbal it is not a problem. i email harmonix and i'lm still waiting for a reply. hopefully they acknowledge the issue and patch it.
PiemanLK  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't really noticed any kind of out of the ordinary issues with my IONs on Pro drums, other than them being total pieces of shit which is pretty normal.
[quote=''youhas'']EDIT TO ADD: Hey, post #3000! Neat! I will eagerly anticipate my set of ScoreHero-branded steak knives within six to eight weeks.[/quote]
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: PiemanXC
oopogfe  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually for me, compared to RB2, my Ions got a lot better... I used to get overhits all the time, but now it's much less often. It seemed to me that they just reduced the sensitivity a lot. Oh and also, during drum fills, or before the song starts, my green pad and green cymbal won't register any rolls at all, but work fine during the song, it's really weird...
GQD2008  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've noticed random G/B cymbal crosstalk hits if I hit the Blue cymbal occasionally. I also notice Green Cymbal/Tom crosstalk hits if I hit the green cymbal. Or Green Cymbal double hits. But nothing near enough to cause me to fail out.

GQD has no soul. Just Rock Band.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: GQD2008
ColSonders  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've noticed less responsive drums in general and playing before the song starts I find my yellow cymbal to be absolute shite and miss a load of notes, but in game it seems fine.

I've also had random yellow tom activation when hitting the yellow cymbal, which i'm positive is not crosstalk and is software based.
Rainault  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was a discussion in another thread where I mentioned randomly getting extra kicks, breaking my combo. I noticed that I was using a stereo cable to connect my kickbox to the ION brain. I switched to a mono cable, and I haven't had any issues since then. I have no idea if stereo cables could cause similar problems for cymbals, or even if the stock ION cymbals use mono or stereo cables. But I thought it was worth mentioning in case it was the problem here, too.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rainault wrote:
There was a discussion in another thread where I mentioned randomly getting extra kicks, breaking my combo. I noticed that I was using a stereo cable to connect my kickbox to the ION brain. I switched to a mono cable, and I haven't had any issues since then. I have no idea if stereo cables could cause similar problems for cymbals, or even if the stock ION cymbals use mono or stereo cables. But I thought it was worth mentioning in case it was the problem here, too.
I'm using the stock ion cables which are high quality mono cables.
TopazGrl  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only problem I had was just from the Ion cymbals being bad to begin with.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TopazGrl wrote:
Wow that's really helpful, thanks for your insight

I wrote ion first, if they don't have anything helpful to say I'll write to harmonix.
Hobo111  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

singemfrc wrote:
TopazGrl wrote:
Wow that's really helpful, thanks for your insight

I wrote ion first, if they don't have anything helpful to say I'll write to harmonix.

Yep, pretty much this. (Also, since I didn't get any help in the hardware forum, does anyone know how to get Ion cymbals to stop overhitting?)
gladiators16  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried tightened your cymbals more? My cymbals, especially my yellow one, just start getting more wobbly and shaky over time until they start overhitting and dropping notes

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hobo111 wrote:
does anyone know how to get Ion cymbals to stop overhitting?)

Tape. I literally put 2-3 layers of masking tape on my cymbals and all overhits stopped.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gladiators16 wrote:
Have you tried tightened your cymbals more? My cymbals, especially my yellow one, just start getting more wobbly and shaky over time until they start overhitting and dropping notes
Mine have never dropped notes before now, and even now theyre not dropping, theyre registering tom notes instead of cymbals..tape aint gonna help that...
iTsCaRNaGe  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got my 3rd cymbal and started noticing that whenever I hit 2 notes at the same time whether they're a cymbal or a tom, there is a chance one of them drops. Unless I hit them both really hard sometimes one just won't register. It's like hitting one of them cancels out the other one. It really confuses me.
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: iTs CaRNaGe PSN Name: iTsCaRNaGe
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: